Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Taking Your Fantasy Hockey Questions - November 26

I...am your father.

Default Re: Taking Your Fantasy Hockey Questions - November 26

Originally posted by Rodgort View Post
    Tlusty. What to do with him? I can possibly trade him for scraps in a points only keeper league (I also managed to trade McBain and a 2nd for Atkinson from a desperate owner with lots of his players reaching their rookie max). And in my other keeper league (Noted in Sig - not fully updated though) I am holding on to him because... there is nothing better on the waiver wire for LW. What should I do with him? Hold on? attempt to ship him out? or just drop him and attempt to replace him, I doubt he'll end up being one of my 13 keepers
    I just acquired Tlusty in my points-only keeper league for a draft pick. Now is the time to buy and hold in that type of format. Staal is a second half player and Carolina is a second half team. He may not be any good to you this year, but he'll have a strong second half
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Originally posted by Bronz View Post
    Thanks for answering my previous question - I am an expansion team in a long running limited keeper league looking to build for the long run. These are forwards I have/could possibly acquire over the course of the next year.

Points Only - how would you rank the following 3-5 years from now:

Nikita Kucherov
    Nick Bjugstad
    Jonathan Drouin
    Nail Yakupov
    Ryan Nugent Hopkins
    Mikael Granlund
    Gabriel Landeskog
    Ryan Strome
    Jonathan Huberdeau
    Ryan Johansen
    Evgeny Kuznetsov
    Mika Zibanejad
    Elias Lindholm
    Matt Duchene
    Sean Monahan
    Nathan Mackinnon
    Taylor Hall
    Tomas Hertl
    Too many factors - there is a mix of upside and certainty here with the prospects and I try to capture this with my rankings. In this instance I go with my rankings player because that is how I try to set them up - for points-only keeper leagues, and then balance risk with upside. The only downside is that the rankings emphasize this season first, and three years from now second. But don't discount the 'now' simply because you're rebuilding. There is a benefit to the "now" and that benefit is that the "now" players are proven. They're all young so it's not like theyll be past their prime in three years. Emphasize the proven players and target/keep those.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Super Moderator

Hey Dobber,

Just a minor question. With Lupul now hurt (I can just sense the shock in you with that statement since he's like an iron man), I need a left winger for the league in my sig. I just sent Soderberg to the farm but I could call him back up or I can pick up Ruutu who I love for hits (while he's healthy) or I can pick up Gerbe, Whitney, Heatley or Bournival unless you can think of some under the radar guy but most good guys are taken.
    Also, if you had to call up Ryan Murphy or Rielly if Martin is gone for a period of time, who would it be?

Thanks a lot!
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hey Dobber,

Who are some under the radar prospects that are really starting to show their upside/potential?

Thanks.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I...am your father.

Originally posted by pahlsson26 View Post
    You missed my post yesterday as well. A lot of questions, but I'd be glad to get even a couple answers .

How would you rank these players in a dynasty league with hits and blocks: Nyquist, Toffoli, Coyle, B.Connolly ?
    Given that Nyquist is staying in the NHL for good, how good should he be in 3 years points-wise? What's your projection?
    Hossa is 34 now, how many good years does he still have in the tank?
    Is E.Kane eventually going to explode offensively or will he get just slightly better? Or will he end up being a 50-60 point guy like he is now?
    Do you think Lehner will become Senators starter this year or next season?
    I would prefer to own:
    1. Nyquist
    2. Toffoli
    gap
    3. Coyle
    4. Connolly

Nyquist: Three years how good? Anywhere from 55-point guy to a 90+ point guy, with the odds of him reaching such upside high at 55 and getting lower and lower until 90+ when those odds are near-0.

I don't think Hossa has any good years left in the tank. Correction, he'll still be productive for three or four years, but he won't have any healthy seasons to show us that he can get 80 points ever again. Injuries will diminish his value.

I think Evander Kane will be a 70+ guy, just needs more time to put it all together.

No, Lehner will not be the starter this year or next. But the pressure will be on Anderson next year.

I...am your father.

Originally posted by blayze View Post
    League format is in sig - it's points-only scoring and we split the prize down the middle between best overall H2H record (no playoffs - so a late season return doesn't help much) and overall total points.

I was one of the many Stamkos owners who got screwed (fantasy wise) by his injury. Given the rest of my line-up (and the fact that I've got Spezza and Loops who are both made of glass)... is the season a write off for me? I was in first before the injury and now I've plummeted to middle of the pack in the last 2 weeks (mostly due to the Leafs offensive struggles).

Give it to me straight haha
    In a 12-team league I don't see how you can salvage it with your team. When Scrivens gives way for Quick you'll be screwed there too. Big props from me if you can even make Top 3 at season's end.

I...am your father.

Originally posted by ericdaoust View Post
    League categories in sig...

I can keep two of the following on my pro roster for the time being:

Peter Holland (healthy scratch recently)
    Rich Clune (occasional healthy scratch, automatic for PIM/hits)
    J.T. Brown
    Mark Scheifele (disappointing so far)
    Gabriel Bourque (disappointing so far, hot of late)

We have a limit on call-ups and demotions so I would rather put the guys who should contribute more immediately on pro and keep the rest on my farm roster as injury replacements. Who would you keep up on the main roster?
    I would keep Scheifele and Clune on the pro roster

I...am your father.

Originally posted by GretzkysMullet View Post

Thanks very much for the response

The thing is Morrow is farm eligible, and those other guys aren't. I'll have a spot on my farm when I call up Nyquist (who has to come up regardless in 7 games) but I'll be tight on my main roster. So basically I have to drop two of those guys anyway if I make the deal. Who would be your second drop? Also, do you prefer Josh Morrissey to Morrow? I could get him instead.
    Pysyk
    and keep Morrow, won't have to wait as long

I...am your father.

Originally posted by dmvincent View Post
    Hey Dobber,

Who are some under the radar prospects that are really starting to show their upside/potential?

Thanks.
    Do you consider Nyquist, Toffoli and Kucherov under the radar? Or are you talking deeper?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by smack View Post
    Hey Dobber,

Just a minor question. With Lupul now hurt (I can just sense the shock in you with that statement since he's like an iron man), I need a left winger for the league in my sig. I just sent Soderberg to the farm but I could call him back up or I can pick up Ruutu who I love for hits (while he's healthy) or I can pick up Gerbe, Whitney, Heatley or Bournival unless you can think of some under the radar guy but most good guys are taken.
    Also, if you had to call up Ryan Murphy or Rielly if Martin is gone for a period of time, who would it be?

Thanks a lot!
    I apologize if my question was not up to standards.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

PTS only keeper league...picked up Chris Stewart off waivers...will he improve this year?
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Padawan

PTS only keeper league...need your gut call...Yakupov or Drouin?
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Ninja

Originally posted by Dobber View Post

In a 12-team league I don't see how you can salvage it with your team. When Scrivens gives way for Quick you'll be screwed there too. Big props from me if you can even make Top 3 at season's end.
    Thanks - that's what I figured too haha. Nothing more depressing than knowing your season is over this early in a big cash pool... the fantasy hockey gods are cruel sometimes.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Originally posted by Dobber View Post

Do you consider Nyquist, Toffoli and Kucherov under the radar? Or are you talking deeper?
    Deeper than that. Guys who are kind of making their way into the top 100 conversation.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I...am your father.

Originally posted by Loki View Post
    PTS only keeper league...picked up Chris Stewart off waivers...will he improve this year?
    Stewart is on pace for 35 points this year and I think he'll get 43 to 46. Does that count as improvement? I'm not high on him