Thread: Malkin taking off

I...am your father.

Default Malkin taking off

In the game on Monday, Malkin made a bonehead play. He tried to swat down the puck with his stick, made contact with the puck (high stick) in the neutral zone and the Pens touched it and the play was whistled down. They were on the power play and the draw was back in their own end. Completely killed the PP momentum. You could tell that he knew it was dumb. But ever since that shift, he's been on a mission. It's been the Malkin we know and love. This unstoppable force who slows the play down to whatever speed he wants and does whatever he wants with the puck. Anyway, just an observation. But I think we'll see quite the run from him for a few games (and thus Neal too)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Malkin taking off

Determination. Yup, Malkin (& several Russians: Ovechkin included. Datsyuk not included) seem to have a very waffling amount of determination. 100+pt players when it's there... 70pt players when it's not.
    I'd give you a thumbs up on this observation. He's seemed like he was missing a spark in several games this season... but he did show his best side last night vs. WAS.