Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hockey School vs 1 on 1 Training with ex-pro

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Hockey School vs 1 on 1 Training with ex-pro

Then why ask us mere mortals anything about hockey?!

The Great One

Hockey school for sure. One on One with an ex pro (who is probably a nobody....and uses his ex pro status to make chump change....something you could do as another ex pro) is an absolute waste of money at nine years old. At nine years old your nephew will have to improve on everything. Shooting, skating, passing...everything. I think one on one lessons, from a somebody, is good to improve certain aspects of ones game. Also, the team aspect and the 'way of life' is something that those lessons won't cover.

Hockey school for now. In two to three years...private lessons mixed in.

PS) the backyard rink would be the best

Dobber Sports Monster

Originally posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Hockey school for sure. One on One with an ex pro (who is probably a nobody....and uses his ex pro status to make chump change....something you could do as another ex pro) is an absolute waste of money at nine years old. At nine years old your nephew will have to improve on everything. Shooting, skating, passing...everything. I think one on one lessons, from a somebody, is good to improve certain aspects of ones game. Also, the team aspect and the 'way of life' is something that those lessons won't cover.

Hockey school for now. In two to three years...private lessons mixed in.

PS) the backyard rink would be the best
    He made it to the Dub and played collage after that and is playing senior hockey right now ... BEASTIN. But he owns his own hockey training centre. But yeah I like the idea of the hockey school. I will probably take some time off work so he can be at the Okanagan one for 2 weeks (which what he wants to do this time around).

Dobber Sports Pro

Originally posted by #19 Joe Thornton View Post
    My son is currently playing JR-A in the BCJHL so I like to think I can give you some general thoughts... #1-I have seen hundreds of kids at the atom age that are better than their peers,but in bantam and midget they r not... #2-It is hard not to get all excited when a player is 9 years old,but it is soooooooo early to tell.. #3-hockey school for sure...1 on 1 training at 9 years old?...never in a million years!!
    I have also seen lots of kids be better then their peers in atom only to max out at a young age. I think the best option is to just see what he wants to do, neither will be a bad option and both will be good for him!
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky