Thread: 2 Championship Questions!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2 Championship Questions!

Hey all, been M.I.A here recently but I'm back seeking some advice for my championship lineup on Sunday!

First, Which QB? Romo @WAS 1pm or Cutler @PHI 8:30pm?

Fully intended on starting Romo all along, but picked Cutler up on a whim a few weeks back in case they put him back in over McCown (which they obviously did, making my decision tougher...)
    Romo is hard to trust in December (and in big games), and he also did quite poorly vs Skins earlier this season (9pts). Cutler definitely gets the edge in receiving weapons (Marshall/Jeffery/Forte/Bennet) and I feel like he is guaranteed to be throwing more than Romo (especially with the criticism Dallas faced for not running the ball last week vs GB). That said, it's a bit of a gamble with Cutler because if GB and DET lose their 4pm games, Bears clinched and won't need to play their starters.

Second, Which RB2 for 0.5ppr? Woodhead vs OAK or Montee Ball @ HOU? (I also have Andre Brown but have ruled him out). Charles is my RB1.

Again, all along thought I'd be playing Woodhead but Mathews has stolen the majority of the workload, making Woodhead's carries/receptions/redzone work completely unpredictable. Though we all know what Charles did to Oakland catching the ball last week...

Ball, on the other hand, has been eating into Moreno's workload as of late, gets goal line carries, and has started getting some receptions as well. I'd like to pick the RB who is most likely to see a heavier workload, and with Denver likely aiming to stay fresh for the playoffs, they may opt to give Ball more work and rest Moreno...

So as of now, I'm leaning Cutler and Ball. Any advice/input much appreciated!!!
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: 2 Championship Questions!

Heya NJ welcome back - and good luck in your Championship!

Take Romo - only because Cutler has a viable backup and if he even sprains a toenail I could see him on the bench. Equal opportunity, but play Romo IMO

For RB2 - take Woodhead IMO