Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Miller to Mile High..": Future Headline or Fiction?

Dobber Sports Guru

IMO You are totally jumping the gun here. Varly has already been released on bond and is allowed to travel with the team. Do you think they are gonna throw him to the scrap heap because of the allegations? I would think at the very least they will not act until there is something proven in court.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    IMO You are totally jumping the gun here. Varly has already been released on bond and is allowed to travel with the team. Do you think they are gonna throw him to the scrap heap because of the allegations? I would think at the very least they will not act until there is something proven in court.
    Well, if this was the NFL, they could possibly just release him. But of course this isn't the NFL.

They likely can't trade him either, I doubt the judge would go along with that for one thing, so they would be having to move Giggy instead.

So, can they afford both Varly and Miller on the books?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Well, if this was the NFL, they could possibly just release him. But of course this isn't the NFL.

They likely can't trade him either, I doubt the judge would go along with that for one thing, so they would be having to move Giggy instead.

So, can they afford both Varly and Miller on the books?

buffalo wil be retaining some of millers salary.....and they may try to trade stasny (but comes with a 6.6M price tage) as he is a UFA at years end and McK can likely take over second line duties and talbot 3rd....

Dobber Sports Superstar

I always advise against moves that try and predict the trade market. Frankly I don't see the Avalanche making a knee jerk reaction to trade for Miller. Despite their success this year they are still a 4th-6th team and I don't see them willing to give up any significant assets for Miller whereas Buffalo will want top prospects or picks.

I also don't think much punishment will come to Varlamov. If I had to guess I'd say a plea deal that includes probation, counselling and a restraining order.

Miller is a top pick to be moved somewhere but I don't think Colorado has shot to the top of the list over night.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

who is even in the market for goalies? Islanders? Oilers?

Banned

pure fiction

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah I agree - fiction for sure.