Thread: One trade - give up on Silfverberg?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Question One trade - give up on Silfverberg?

One year salary pool. Salary=ppg from last season*100. Points only. One trade per year. I have Silfverberg and am weighing cashing my trade to swap him for someone cheaper (Dobber's preseason projections have Stafford, Pirri, Peverley, O. Jokinen and Marcus Foligno as good options...frankly anyone who scored fewer ppg than Silfverberg last year is in play...which would include the likes of Hertl) or riding out the injury in the case that someone more valuable gets hurt. Opinions?

The Great One

I can't imagine any leauge, fantary or real, or any scenario, whereby someone would want Drew Stafford on their team. The guy is absolutely useless.

With those type of options, I think I might be tempted to wait it out for Silf....

Good luck.

Other options include Seth Jones, Emerson Etem, Zdeno Chara, RJ Umberger, Jonas Brodin, Justin Faulk, Dave Bolland, Torey Krug and Tomas Hertl.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I can't imagine any leauge, fantary or real, or any scenario, whereby someone would want Drew Stafford on their team. The guy is absolutely useless.

With those type of options, I think I might be tempted to wait it out for Silf....

Good luck.
    I agree with this, and add if you only have one trade it might be wise to wait considering we're not even 15-20 games into the season yet. Still what, 18 weeks of fantasy hockey left?

I think you're right. I'm probably missing out on 10 points here because of this injury...if one of my more marquee player goes down and I've tried to replace 7-8 of these points, I'm screwed.

Sitting tight.