Thread: Radko Gudas

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm convinced, JJ dropped for Gudas.

Thanks to all
    10 team - Keep 4 - H2H Scoring:
    C(3)LW(2)RW(2)D(4)
    G,A,PIM,P,+/-,PPP,Wins,GAA,SV%,SO

C - Thornton, Giroux(RW), Datsyuk(LW), Granlund
    LW - Pacioretti, Vermette(C), Dubinsky(C)
    RW - Voracek,Wheeler, Nyquist(C),
    D - D Boyle , Burns, Zidlicky, Gudas
    G - Niemi, Khudobin, Stalock

IR- Rinne, Harding

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    "goons" don't play 20 mintes a night as a top-4 dman who is featured in the PK and even getting PP time. His coach had him in the minors a loves him, and has attributed much of Tampas improved defence to Gudas. Don't come on these boards posting ignorant, uninformed comments and then insult our forums members. You won't last long here.
    why don't you shove it where the sun don't shine Shiva?

these are discussion forums right? if you can't handle an alternative opinion maybe you shouldn't be posting? That's what I find insulting, someone who can't take an alternate opinion

if Gudas is still posting these kind of numbers in 2-3 months you might be onto something but at this point he's just a weak skater who takes lots of bad penalties

Dobber Sports Veteran

He's a solid dman and I think there's some potential for a bit more in the pts department too. Beware of his PIMs coming down over time though. He'll always be the guy to stick up for teammates but eventually his coaches might want him spending less time in the box if he's that valuable when on the ice.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Stud

So 53 pims in 10 games and now he's gonna have 40 the next 30 games right? sell high

Dobber Sports Prodigy

By no mean he'll break 400 PIM. It's reasonable to expect 250+ and his ice time indicates that he'll get his share of points. 20 plus points more or less with potential for more. Check hockeydb for his minor league stats. PIM should translated quite well from minor league to the NHL for this type of player.

Remember the highest projeccted PIM total last year by a D was 155 and even lower the year before, picking up Radkos means you have a HUGE leg up on the rest of your league.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Cobretti View Post
    don't believe the hype, he's the goon flavor of the weak but there's no way that lasts forever...

if your league counts PIMs though then he's got some serious value for you there but don't get sucked in by his fast start...every year in fantasy this happens and every year GMs get suckered in by the early numbers...for example how's Hertl doing lately?
    lol? this is (almost) too stupid to respond to.

gudas has come as advertised: late draft pick or waiver wire pickup who is not a defensive liability, plays plenty of minutes, who puts up consistent pims and hits... and maybe the very odd point.

don't even get me started on hertl
    Last edited by ntrspctv; October 29, 2013 at 6:48 PM.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default well said

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    "goons" don't play 20 mintes a night as a top-4 dman who is featured in the PK and even getting a little PP time. His coach had him in the minors a loves him, and has attributed much of Tampas improved defence to Gudas. Don't come on these boards posting ignorant, uninformed comments and then insult our forums members. You won't last long here.
    very good points on "goons" and overall a solid post!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Genius

"Goons" go looking for fights, Gudas has the fights come to him after throwing big, solid hits. In that regard he actually fits more into the "pest" category.

Regardless, he's a steady player with a consistent physical aspect to his game and a surprisingly decent offence. When it comes to racking up PIMS, hits, and blocks this guy is elite.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    "Goons" go looking for fights, Gudas has the fights come to him after throwing big, solid hits. In that regard he actually fits more into the "pest" category.

Regardless, he's a steady player with a consistent physical aspect to his game and a surprisingly decent offence. When it comes to racking up PIMS, hits, and blocks this guy is elite.
    elite? rotflmfao...on Tampa maybe, on any team with a good defense he's barely a starter

whatever tho boys, I get it, you're all aboard the hype choo choo and hitting the same crack pipe right now and I'm harshing your buzz...lets just reconvene on this at the all star break ok?

Dobber Sports Genius

elite? rotflmfao...on Tampa maybe, on any team with a good defense he's barely a starter

whatever tho boys, I get it, you're all aboard the hype choo choo and hitting the same crack pipe right now and I'm harshing your buzz...lets just reconvene on this at the all star break ok?
    If you can find someone who can compete with Gudas in those three categories combined whether it's now, at the Olympic break, or at the end of the season I will be highly impressed. Heck, I'm sure I can speak for the rest that we ALL will be highly impressed.

I would understand if you just choose to bury your head in the sand for the rest of the season too. It will be easier than the first challenge.
    Last edited by hockeymanG23; October 30, 2013 at 3:51 AM.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Pro

why don't you shove it where the sun don't shine Shiva?

these are discussion forums right? if you can't handle an alternative opinion maybe you shouldn't be posting? That's what I find insulting, someone who can't take an alternate opinion

if Gudas is still posting these kind of numbers in 2-3 months you might be onto something but at this point he's just a weak skater who takes lots of bad penalties
    In five plus years since joining this site I have added two users to my block list....you just made it three. Congrats on your accomplishment....and great job you're really going to add a lot of wonderful insight here on the forums I'm sure....do you like talking to yourself? Never mind, don't answer that....be gone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    In five plus years since joining this site I have added two users to my block list....you just made it three. Congrats on your accomplishment....and great job you're really going to add a lot of wonderful insight here on the forums I'm sure....do you like talking to yourself? Never mind, don't answer that....be gone.
    haha, that's cute that you think I care what a narrow-minded little TB homer thinks about anything.

it's always a sign of great discussion forums when some baby just takes the puck and goes home because you don't agree with him...we'll revisit Gudas in a couple months and see

Banned

He's right though in a sense. Gudas will not put up points, and if he is a decent d-man like you guys state, his PIMs will decrease as the season goes on.

There are a ton of players who hit and block shots.

Dobber Sports Pro

My only concern is the heavy PIM may cause a problem for the coach to replace him when he's in the box so often. Not easy going with 5 dmen.

Dobber Sports Initiate

the bulk of his penalties are from fighting, usually offsetting.

of course hes getting more penalties then that, but its not like hes put his team shorthanded for 55 minutes already this season. then stack this on 42 hits and 27 blocks.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury