Thread: Tavares + ______ for Stamkos..? Help!

Dobber Sports Stud

Question Tavares + ______ for Stamkos..? Help!

Good afternoon,
    A GM approached me about a trade. I'm looking to make a move for Stamkos.

What's a fair offer? I'm thinking of Tavares +...(Karlsson, Luongo)?

He claims he needs a good goalie: MAF, Bernier, Rinne, Harding..

His roster is as follows:

F: Stamkos, Spezza, Lupul, Seguin, Ryan, Dupuis, Eller, Hertl, RNH, Carter.

D: Subban, Pietrangelo, Orpik, Doughty.

The Wolverine

First question - did he say he was interested in trading Stamkos?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    First question - did he say he was interested in trading Stamkos?
    Yes but he loves him so it will take a lot...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sounds like hes setting up a trade rape lol
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    10 team - 1 year -Yahoo Daily H2H Cats League

G, A, PPP, +/-, Shots, PIM
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, Utility, 2G, IR, 5bench

C. Getzlaf, T.Johnson, Turris, Stastny
    LW. Saad(rw), Simmonds(rw), Hudler(c,rw)
    RW. Ovechkin(lw), Draisaitl (lw) Stone
    D. Josi, Carlson, Klingberg, Phaneuf, Stralman
    G. Holtby, Halak, Niemi
    IR.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by CarbombCarcillo View Post
    Yes but he loves him so it will take a lot...
    If I were him I'd want Tavares and Niemi at a minimum.

Dobber Sports Stud

If I were him I'd want Tavares and Niemi at a minimum.
    Hence why I want to consult you guys. I'm fairly knowledgable and so is he. Basically two sharks in the league... Lol

The Wolverine

That being said, since he enquired about a deal, let him make the first offer. Just tell him that.

Dobber Sports Stud

That being said, since he enquired about a deal, let him make the first offer. Just tell him that.
    Haven't heard back yet...I just want to know what I should expect to give up.

How would Tavares and Karlsson look? I have depth in d.

The Wolverine

Haven't heard back yet...I just want to know what I should expect to give up.

How would Tavares and Karlsson look? I have depth in d.
    It entirely depends on how he values his/your players, how he likes to structure his team, what his priorities are (including how he values certain type of players in your setup) and what he's looking for. But if he's as smart as you think he is, then expect to give up a lot. How much? Who knows until the negotiation begins. We can't tell you what he'll want, but since you are wondering about one of the top players in the game and very valuable in your league, then expect a lot.

As for Tavares and Karlsson, if he's looking for a goalie then why would that offer be of interest?

Dobber Sports Stud

It entirely depends on how he values his/your players, how he likes to structure his team, what his priorities are (including how he values certain type of players in your setup) and what he's looking for. But if he's as smart as you think he is, then expect to give up a lot. How much? Who knows until the negotiation begins. We can't tell you what he'll want, but since you are wondering about one of the top players in the game and very valuable in your league, then expect a lot.

As for Tavares and Karlsson, if he's looking for a goalie then why would that offer be of interest?
    Now he wants Ovie for Stammer. Straight swap.

The Wolverine

Now he wants Ovie for Stammer. Straight swap.
    Well there you go.

Dobber Sports Stud

Well there you go.
    I'm not inclined to take this offer.

Giving up Ovie would limit me on my positional depth. Given Ovie's hits and gwg's, he'd be tough to lose.

More so, I'd have a surplus of centers: Tavares, Giroux, Hanzal (yes, he's top 5 in our league currently...). Adding another in Stammer wouldn't alleviate anything.

Other thoughts?

The Wolverine

I'm not inclined to take this offer.

Giving up Ovie would limit me on my positional depth. Given Ovie's hits and gwg's, he'd be tough to lose.

More so, I'd have a surplus of centers: Tavares, Giroux, Hanzal (yes, he's top 5 in our league currently...). Adding another in Stammer wouldn't alleviate anything.

Other thoughts?
    I know that you weren't going to take it. I said that since I knew he'd go high.

Before you start going back and forth, have a clear goal. What do you want? Stamkos. What does he want? You thought it was a goalie but it seems it's not as important. I'd just reject with the comment 'too much' and let him come back to you. You might get a better offer. But I wouldn't just try to make a deal for the sake of making a deal. You're also not going to pull a fast one on him so unless he feels he's filling a need it likely won't happen.

Dobber Sports Stud

I know that you weren't going to take it. I said that since I knew he'd go high.

Before you start going back and forth, have a clear goal. What do you want? Stamkos. What does he want? You thought it was a goalie but it seems it's not as important. I'd just reject with the comment 'too much' and let him come back to you. You might get a better offer. But I wouldn't just try to make a deal for the sake of making a deal.
    We basically agreed not to touch Stammer and Ovie. I mentioned Tavares + in the counter but he insisted Ovie had to be involved. Ultimately, it's too much and we were both going to overpay.

Is there anyone on his team like Subban, Rinne, etc? that you feel I should target?

The Wolverine

We basically agreed not to touch Stammer and Ovie. I mentioned Tavares + in the counter but he insisted Ovie had to be involved. Ultimately, it's too much and we were both going to overpay.

Is there anyone on his team like Subban, Rinne, etc? that you feel I should target?
    I'm just going to leave it here as I don't have any opinions otherwise. If you want to continue with new questions then I suggest you start another thread since people will comment on your original post in this one. Good luck.