Thread: Ovie+ for Crosby

Dobber Sports Master

Default Ovie+ for Crosby

The title says it all. Crosby's GM is willing to trade him if I give up Ovechkin and a dman...he has hinted at Shea Weber. Check out my 2nd team in the signature and let me know what you think about doing this deal or not!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

by how many points do you think Crosby will outpoint Ovie and Weber by can you grab a D man off waivers to make up the difference??

how many more goals will Ovie score than Crosby? How many of them will be GWG?

Dobber Sports Stud

I sure wish I'd drafted Sid at #2 instead of Malkin, but I was concerned about the concussion and that he might get hurt again. I think OV is more durable and thus a surer thing. But dang, how can you not like Crosby and the guys he plays with? I don't think D's get you so much as compared to F's, and since this is an unbalanced trade you can always get a serviceable D to replace Weber. I think it comes down to whether or not Sid stays healthy. If you want to gamble that he will, I think this is a good trade to make.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Master

You are thinking exactly like I am. Crosby should out point Ovie, IF he stays healthy. Maybe I would be better served asking if Crosby will stay healthy all year?

F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Dobber Sports Pro

I've been down the road before where I traded Ovie+ for Crosby in a dynasty keeper league. I'll never do that again. Even though a healthy Crosby will outproduce anyone, I'd much rather go with Ovechkin who'll get 50-60 goals and 90-100 pts with significantly less chance of injury. Crosby doesn't help anyone when he's on your IR...but if you're a gambling man and like to live on the edge, go with Crosby.

Dobber Sports Master

Thanks for the sound advice. I may counter with Weber, Kadri & Hertl hoping the SJ Shark forward still merits some interest/buzz

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Thanks for the sound advice. I may counter with Weber, Kadri & Hertl hoping the SJ Shark forward still merits some interest/buzz
    You do that and you might end up losing a potential trading partner. Nowhere close enough to give for Crosby, especially in an 8 team league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    You do that and you might end up losing a potential trading partner. Nowhere close enough to give for Crosby, especially in an 8 team league.
    Agreed. This won't get you anywhere.
    12 Team H2H Semi Keeper

Scoring - G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, +/-, FW, SOG, BLK, HIT
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO

C - McDavid, Galchenyuk, E. Staal
    LW - Ovechkin, Fabbri, Perron
    RW - Toffoli, Donskoi, Yakupov, Parenteau, Okposo, Niederreiter
    D - Hedman, Barrie, Klefbom, Bealieu, Lindholm
    G - Schneider, Allen, Anderson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cool

If they both play a full season expect Sid to outproduce Ovie by max 25-30 pts, factor in the GWG's and the spread shrinks as I think Ovie beats him in that cat. In a injury situation if you can replace Sid with a warm body for that stretch until he's healthy again then it's overall an advantage slightly to the Sid side, if you can't use a sub then i wouldn't take the risk with the new Oates backed Ovie. That's in a 1 for 1 situation, the minute you have to sacrifice a Weber or starting dman the Ovie side wins out for sure unless it was a scrub ww pickup like Demers or something.

Dobber Sports Master

Keeping Ovie. If the old Ovechkin is back for good he may be in the scoring race with the Kid until the end. Thanks for all your advice.

Dobber Sports Stud

I view Ovy and Crosby very close again, due largely to Crosby's injury concerns. Crosby should get more points but Ovy is a scoring machine, I just keep waiting on when he will finally get injured due to his reckless play, but it still has not happen. I would probably take a chance on Crosby but would offer him straight up, if not, then keep Ovy. I sure as shit would not be giving him a Weber to boot though!