Thread: Forte/VJax v. T.Rich/Marshall - DYNASTY

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Forte/VJax v. T.Rich/Marshall - DYNASTY

Ok folks. A potential blockbuster trade in my 14 team dynasty league, half point PPR. I have Forte and VJax, but have been offered Trent and Marshall. The relevant details are as follows:

--We have no flex position.

--We start 2 RBs, and I have: Charles, Forte, Foster, Hillman and Daryl Richardson (soon to become Mike James or Ivory)

--We start 3 WR/TE in any combo, and I have: Calvin, VJax, Harvin, Shorts and Cameron

--Also, this is a performance bonus league, meaning extra points over 100 yds rushing, over 125 receiving, long TD runs or catches, more than 10 catches in a game, etc. In other words, big play receivers score a ton ... Those that also are high volume pass catchers are ridiculous.

So I'm really torn on this one. On the one hand, things got dicey on the injury front this week around the league, and that impacts this. On the other hand, my team currently is balanced and performing, but certain players are aging and prime for breaking down in the near future (e.g., Foster, Forte, VJax to a lesser extent). In short, I'm always looking to compete for the title while staying ahead of the curve by retooling on the fly. So what would you do here?

For what it's worth, the other owner also has DeMarco Murray and I'm sure I could convince him swap Murray in for Trent if I wanted to.

Cheers!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd want to make this trade after the year is over, but not right now. Long term it's an upgrade, but this year it's a noticeable downgrade.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd stand pat here. Forte is running better than Murray or Rich right now and Glennon likes VJacks alot. His value is bouncing back to where he's one of the better WRs in the NFL.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for the opinions so far.

One other thought I have is perhaps countering with Forte and either Shorts or Cameron for T.Rich/Marshall.

Not a slam dunk that he'll go there by any means, but he's desperate for one of my big three RBs, and I'm not too keen on selling both Forte & VJax for 75 cents on the dollar. Believe it or not, a total of 2 points separates Marshall and VJax so far this season in my league, and VJax already has had his bye week. Thrown in Marshall losing Cutler for a few, and it gets even more murky.

Any other thoughts on either the initial offer or my half-baked contemplated counter?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post

One other thought I have is perhaps countering with Forte and either Shorts or Cameron for T.Rich/Marshall.

Not a slam dunk that he'll go there by any means, but he's desperate for one of my big three RBs, and I'm not too keen on selling both Forte & VJax for 75 cents on the dollar. Believe it or not, a total of 2 points separates Marshall and VJax so far this season in my league, and VJax already has had his bye week. Thrown in Marshall losing Cutler for a few, and it gets even more murky.

Any other thoughts on either the initial offer or my half-baked contemplated counter?
    Still not worth it IMO. For some reason Donald Brown is getting more time than TRich

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is not a good trade for you. Forte should have 1-2 years left in him and VJax is the top target on a bad team, the garbage time potential gives him a bump in value. Trich is more name than game. D Brown is getting more touches, enough said.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Alright, gents. Sorry to keep resuscitating this thread, but the talks have progressed and I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger.

The offer now on the table: my Forte and Jordan Cameron for his Trent Richardson and Brandon Marshall.

As mentioned in my initial post, this a full dynasty, I have the RB depth to lose Forte from my starting lineup, and we have neither a Flex nor a standalone TE position. And by way of background on the progression of the talks, I rejected his initial ask (my Forte/VJax) and countered by offering Forte/Shorts. He rejected that and countered again asking for Forte/Cameron.

Any other thoughts?

Dobber Sports Veteran

You get Ricahrdson in a dynasty which is great but you are getting crushed with the loss of Forte short term. I guess you will still have Charles and Foster to play at your 2 RB on nonbye weeks. Did you try making if Fotster+someone for Richardson+someone instead of Forte? Foster looks like he will never be the same as his value decreases daily.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post

T.Rich is looking more and more like a bust. He is by far the worst player of the lot. The gap between him and Forte is as wide as the Grand Canyon. The difference between Marshall ans V. Jax isn't that great a margin.

Forte and V.Jax over T.Rich and Marshall
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

long term yes.

for this year i would pass

Dobber Sports Initiate

Foster+Cameron for Marshall
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you think that your RB will still give you a good shot at winning your league this year with the loss of Gore then I would be temted to pull the trigger (on the latest deal). I am not ready to give up on TRich long term and Marshall is Marshall. He might suffer with the loss of Cutler but beyond this year I imagine he will be fine. Even without a solid QB I think he can still post good totals.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw20 View Post
    If you think that your RB will still give you a good shot at winning your league this year with the loss of Gore then I would be temted to pull the trigger (on the latest deal). I am not ready to give up on TRich long term and Marshall is Marshall. He might suffer with the loss of Cutler but beyond this year I imagine he will be fine. Even without a solid QB I think he can still post good totals.
    Pretty sure Gore hasnt been mentioned?
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore