Thread: Henrik Lundqvist blockbuster trade opinions

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Henrik Lundqvist blockbuster trade opinions

I'm trying to trade for Henrik Lundqvist given his current struggles. I'm trying to work it into either a 1 for 2 or 2 for 2 trade.

My team: Varlamov/Hiller + E. Staal, P.Datsyuk, J. Neal, Derek Stephan, Patrick sharp

His team: Lundqvist + JVR, Chris Kunitz, Jamie Benn, Patrick marleau, Bobby Ryan

What are your opinions on these trades? What would you offer? I want to win the trade obviously but it has to be close enough for him to consider it, he's not a rookie.

A) Hiller + J. Neal for Lundqvist
    B) Hiller + E. Staal or P. Datsyuk for Lundqvist + Patrick Marleau or JVR
    C) Hilller + P. Datsuk + P. Sharp for Lundqvist + B. Ryan or J. Benn

Any opinions or feedback appreciated

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I'm trying to trade for Henrik Lundqvist given his current struggles. I'm trying to work it into either a 1 for 2 or 2 for 2 trade.

My team: Varlamov/Hiller + E. Staal, P.Datsyuk, J. Neal, Derek Stephan, Patrick sharp

His team: Lundqvist + JVR, Chris Kunitz, Jamie Benn, Patrick marleau, Bobby Ryan

What are your opinions on these trades? What would you offer? I want to win the trade obviously but it has to be close enough for him to consider it, he's not a rookie.

A) Hiller + J. Neal for Lundqvist
    B) Hiller + E. Staal or P. Datsyuk for Lundqvist + Patrick Marleau or JVR
    C) Hilller + P. Datsuk + P. Sharp for Lundqvist + B. Ryan or J. Benn

Any opinions or feedback appreciated
    Welcome to the boards.

Firstly, you should provide all league settings so we can give you the most complete advice: What type of league? Categories? Is that your entire roster? If so, do you have a bench? Do you split by positions or is it forwards only? Etc.

That being said, honestly I can't see you getting a deal done. He likely drafted Lundqvist first so I don't think he'll panic to give him away now. Hiller/Varlamov (even with their starts) is not enough of a replacement regardless of who you offer offensively, since his offense is pretty solid already.

However, if you insisted, in a vacuum (not knowing the settings) you'd probably have to give your best (healthy) offensive player along with a goalie. So likely goalie + Staal.

But again, it depends on the details asked above and whether this manager actually wants to part with Lundqvist.

Dobber Sports Guru

What other goalies do you and he have?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Welcome to the DH forums - Daemon. You will find that analysis is serious business around here - the devil is in the details and you haven't provided nearly enough information to get a solid response.

Dobber Sports Novice

He has already resolved not to give him away, next time I will post more details though. Thanks for the responses