Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone trying to Buy low on Martin?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Anyone trying to Buy low on Martin?

Anyone trying to buy Doug Martin right now? TB is a mess but with a rookie QB you gotta think there's gonna start to be a heavier reliance on him, no?

In a 12-team standard league my RB's are TRich/Bush/CJ2K/J.Bell/Woodhead/Gio Bernard and my WR's are Cobb/Nicks/Blackmon.

Wondering if I should try and trade one of my productive RB (like Bush) to upgrade my WR, then try and secure Martin for a cheaper price
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would still easily take Martin straight up over Bush for the rest of the season. I still believe in him a lot. If you can get Martin+ a solid wr for Bush+ a lesser Wr that would be money.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Reggie vs Martin ROS is a coinflip, so I would do it as well if you get another upgrade at the same time.

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ros-rb.php
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So I got Martin + Garcon for my Bush+Chris Johnson

My RBs now: Martin, T-Rich, Gio Bernard, Woodhead, J. Bell
    My WRs now: Cobb, Garcon, Nicks, Blackmon

How'd I do?

He wouldn't do Bush for Martin straight up, and he wouldn't do Martin+Cruz for my two.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

hmmm you start 2RB, 2WR and a flex?
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    hmmm you start 2RB, 2WR and a flex?
    Yes. I'm sitting at 3-2 now. My rationale for making this move is:

1) I'm constantly torn between which RB's to start and bench. For the most part, it's been T-Rich, Bush, and Bernard. CJ has been riding the pine for me after the early weeks when he just didn't produce. His upcoming schedule is pretty terrible and I feel like he'd continue to be on my bench.

2) Though Bush was my most productive RB through the early weeks, I'm doubtful he'll last a full season with the workload he's been getting. Also eye-opening last week how much the Lion's offense (and Bush's production) depends on Megatron's presence. Plus, I got to hang on to Joique Bell if/when Bush goes down.

3) Even though T-Rich has been disappointing, I think he'll pull it together as Indy continues to improve, plus Bernard is emerging in Cincy. Martin's workload is going to continue to be enormous, so if his production picks up, then I'm pretty happy with RB1 Martin, RB2 T-Rich, and Flex Bernard/Woodhead.

4) My WR2 has been underperforming (Nicks), and I feel like Garcon is a decent upgrade considering the Redskins will be throwing all over the terrible NFC East defenses. If not, I still have Nicks if the Giants pull it together.

5) I noticed an interesting trend in my league, in that all the 5-0 and 4-1 teams have been starting a WR in their Flex spot. Now that could just speak to the lack of depth for reliable RB's, or it could be a reflection of the pass-happy NFL boosting the production of WRs beyond the production of volume-carries. Regardless, I feel like my squad needed a little more balance since I had 6 RBs but only 3 WRs.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

I actually like Garcon better than Cruz. I think you did amazing. Martin > Bush and Garcon > ChrisJohnson. I see no downside of this deal. You needed help at WR 2(Garcon) more than at RB4(ChJonhson) anyways. GREAT work!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

While I dont agree on Garcon being better than Cruz ROS, I agree that you did good. Your RBs are still solid, Garcon is an upgrade from Blackmon (who I think is better than Nicks ROS). You've got nice depth in both positions now.

If Blackmon has another good week I would try to trade TRich+Blackmon for someone like Forte.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

While I dont agree on Garcon being better than Cruz ROS, I agree that you did good. Your RBs are still solid, Garcon is an upgrade from Blackmon (who I think is better than Nicks ROS). You've got nice depth in both positions now.

If Blackmon has another good week I would try to trade TRich+Blackmon for someone like Forte.
    IMO TRich > Forte. I love me some TRich

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the reassurance fellas

Exactly my thinking. If my bench starts tearing it up, then I have the depth to try and flip two for another upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    IMO TRich > Forte. I love me some TRich
    T-Rich just hasn't produced like I thought he would when I drafted him, so I'm holding out hope that he starts to pick it up. But I probably wouldn't target Forte if I were to try and snag another RB upgrade. I'm wary of his health over the course of the season. I'd probably try to aim for more stability, maybe like Rice or Charles.

But happy with what I got now, so let's hope for the best!
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post
    So I got Martin + Garcon for my Bush+Chris Johnson

My RBs now: Martin, T-Rich, Gio Bernard, Woodhead, J. Bell
    My WRs now: Cobb, Garcon, Nicks, Blackmon

How'd I do?

He wouldn't do Bush for Martin straight up, and he wouldn't do Martin+Cruz for my two.

Your team looked better before you made this trade. Bush (while an injury risk) has performed like a rb1 and CJ's schedule is going to soften up from here on out.

Did you trade Cruz for Garçon as well? To me, they're the same WR but Cruz has a better resume and a more confortable option to me.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Your team looked better before you made this trade. Bush (while an injury risk) has performed like a rb1 and CJ's schedule is going to soften up from here on out.

Did you trade Cruz for Garçon as well? To me, they're the same WR but Cruz has a better resume and a more confortable option to me.
    Bush has absolutely been my RB1, but I'm betting that Martin will start to outperform him the rest of the way. CJ's schedule is only soft in that he plays Jax twice and STL once, but he's got SEA, SF, and a Bye week coming up, so he's gonna be on my bench.

The GM I traded with had Cruz and Garcon, but he wouldn't give me Martin+Cruz, for my offer. I took Martin+Garcon instead.

I'd day Garcon is an upgrade over Nicks, so my starting WR will now be Cobb and Garcon the rest of the way (both have had their byes already).
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post
    Bush has absolutely been my RB1, but I'm betting that Martin will start to outperform him the rest of the way. CJ's schedule is only soft in that he plays Jax twice and STL once, but he's got SEA, SF, and a Bye week coming up, so he's gonna be on my bench.

The GM I traded with had Cruz and Garcon, but he wouldn't give me Martin+Cruz, for my offer. I took Martin+Garcon instead.

I'd day Garcon is an upgrade over Nicks, so my starting WR will now be Cobb and Garcon the rest of the way (both have had their byes already).

Ya I agree with you here (garçon vs nicks). I was confused, thinking you gave up the two backs plus Cruz.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post

In every post that he's mentioned, you love CJ like he is the player he was in 09. He's useless

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Reggie vs Martin ROS is a coinflip, so I would do it as well if you get another upgrade at the same time.

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ros-rb.php
    you have to take these types of rankings (ROS) with a grain of salt.. sure you think it's credible because of who publishes it. But its still every given sunday, and I mean c'mon, they have Houston D inside the top 10 (laugh) for ROS, they have CJOK finishing as a top 15 (laugh), CJ Spiller as a top 15 but FJaxx at 26 (laugh at those who drafted CJ top 3) .. the list goes on. It's fun to read, but it's based solely on an assumption of how they see things going -- here's a little proof that it's just more of a fun read than something to take as truth -- MJD finishing 21st ahead of SJaxx, FJaxx, Ridley, Woodhead, and jeeze, even Andre Elington (yes, I would prefer him ROS over MJD) -- yet they don't take into account the remaining schedule for Jacksonville, good luck to MJD making it through his next 6 games when they'll more often than not be playing from behind and he's not the pretty runner he once was.

Moral of the story, it's just an opinionated ranking. Go ask TMR where he sees everyone ROS, it will be different than this list. Go ask TFFG, Cecil and Sigmund will say something different again. Grain-of-salt.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.