Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Offered Demaryius Thomas for Reggie Bush

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    Shouldnt put that up like a fact when most of us disagree with you. I think he made the right choice to stay put.
    He didn't make any choice. He was still deciding what to do when the other GM realized he was making a big mistake by offering that deal and took it off the table. You can all tell me Bush is better than AP too, but it doesn't mean it's true.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well, he could have accepted the deal earlier if he wanted to. Just saying that you dont have to present your opinions like facts. There are tons of fantasy football forums around, but even though the activity here on dobberfootball is kinda low it is still my goto place for advice. That is mainly because there are experienced fantasy members from dobberhockey that understand that fantasy and real life is not the same. Seasoned fantasy managers if you will, that both knows how to discuss and evalute information. I think you have alot of great input but should respect that others might not always agree.

To put it this way. If you're league drafted tomorrow Reggie Bush would get picked before Demariyus Thomas, and that is pretty much all you need to know.
    Last edited by ynotzz; October 10, 2013 at 6:56 AM.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Initiate

I just want to stress that I'm not looking for an argument Just want us to create the best possible forum for discussions.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think you kind of dodged a bullet here too by not making this trade. Thomas is great. But Bush is a high quality starting RB and there ain't too many of those around.

Regarding the Denver passing offense, it's sick and I'd love to have one of the Broncos receivers. But not at the expense of a quality starting RB. There are just so many receiving options in Denver's offense that games like last week are bound to happen. Denver puts up 50+ and Manning tosses 4 scores. Thomas gets 5 balls for 57 yards and no TDs. Manning just doesn't have to force the ball to anyone who isn't wide open. Reggie will likely have his down games too, but this season is just proving the old adage true that RB depth is critical to sustained fantasy success.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Veteran

To put it this way. If you're league drafted tomorrow Reggie Bush would get picked before Demariyus Thomas, and that is pretty much all you need to know.
    That's just ridiculous. Enough with the Bush koolaid. That would never happen.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Here you go again presenting your opinion as a fact. Have a look at something like the CBS trade value chart. Their experts say that the list should also work as a ROS ranking.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...de-value-chart

Reggie ahead of Thomas.

Another good ranking:
    http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ros-flex.php

I am sure you can find lists that put Thomas slightly ahead of Bush, but I feel confident that most drafters disagree with you. They are both late first rounders or early second in 12 team leagues.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here you go again presenting your opinion as a fact. Have a look at something like the CBS trade value chart. Their experts say that the list should also work as a ROS ranking.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...de-value-chart

Reggie ahead of Thomas.

Another good ranking:
    http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ros-flex.php

I am sure you can find lists that put Thomas slightly ahead of Bush, but I feel confident that most drafters disagree with you. They are both late first rounders or early second in 12 team leagues.
    You feel confident to draft Bush over DThomas but you don't feel confident in Brees over Cutler lol

Dobber Sports Initiate

I guess this was expected. Ran out of arguments so tries to make fun of the other debater. WP. I guess you lost.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

I guess this was expected. Ran out of arguments so tries to make fun of the other debater. WP. I guess you lost.
    I lost? Is the NFL season over? Did Bush outscore Thomas over the 17 week season? Ook lol. But yes I'm attacking your credibility in fantasy football. If you start a Brees vs Cutler forum then idk how you can expect people to listen to your opinions on matters such as this.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    I lost? Is the NFL season over? Did Bush outscore Thomas over the 17 week season? Ook lol.
    Even though I don't have a horse in whatever race this thread has become, I do have to say that I don't think this is the proper way to look at it.

It's entirely possible (if not flat out likely) that Philip Rivers, Sam Bradford, Russel Wilson, Eli Manning and a host of others outscore every RB and WR out there over the course of a season. But that does not mean that you draft or take those players over AP, Charles, Calvin, or Dez (or Bush or Demaryius for that matter).

It's all about the point differential that Player X will likely have compared to other options at that player's position. That's the only way to gauge value in fantasy football. And given how quickly RB's drop off the proverbial point cliff, that's why RBs are so darned valuable even though they score considerably less overall than almost all fantasy-worthy QBs, and even scads of WRs depending on league settings.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Even though I don't have a horse in whatever race this thread has become, I do have to say that I don't think this is the proper way to look at it.

It's entirely possible (if not flat out likely) that Philip Rivers, Sam Bradford, Russel Wilson, Eli Manning and a host of others outscore every RB and WR out there over the course of a season. But that does not mean that you draft or take those players over AP, Charles, Calvin, or Dez (or Bush or Demaryius for that matter).

It's all about the point differential that Player X will likely have compared to other options at that player's position. That's the only way to gauge value in fantasy football. And given how quickly RB's drop off the proverbial point cliff, that's why RBs are so darned valuable even though they score considerably less overall than almost all fantasy-worthy QBs, and even scads of WRs depending on league settings.
    I'm taking that into account. The OP would still have Shady,Murray,L Bell, and Bernard. He has 4 very good RB without Bush. Murray and L Bell are arguably equal or even slightly better than Bush.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Reggie or not, Bush is the way to go.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Initiate

I lost? Is the NFL season over? Did Bush outscore Thomas over the 17 week season? Ook lol. But yes I'm attacking your credibility in fantasy football. If you start a Brees vs Cutler forum then idk how you can expect people to listen to your opinions on matters such as this.
    I dont really care what you think. I think you are posting really weird advice in alot of threads but I never even considered attacking your integrity. It is childish and counter productive.

QBs facing the patriots are averaging 12 fantasypoints, while the ones facing the Giants are scoring almost 24. Even though my plan always has been to start Brees, I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on the subject and thought it could be an interesting discussion.

Throwing a question out there for discussion is not the same as stating an opinion.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

I dont really care what you think. I think you are posting really weird advice in alot of threads but I never even considered attacking your integrity. It is childish and counter productive.

QBs facing the patriots are averaging 12 fantasypoints, while the ones facing the Giants are scoring almost 24. Even though my plan always has been to start Brees, I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on the subject and thought it could be an interesting discussion.

Throwing a question out there for discussion is not the same as stating an opinion.
    Even if 100 out of 100 people on some forum tell you to start Cutler because the team he is playing gives up an average of 35 points and the team Brees is playing has given up an average of 7 points you should still no better than to listen. Even entertaining the idea seems crazy and so does picking Bush over Thomas. Idc how many people say Bush is the better pick...when someone has McCoy, Murray, L Bell, and Bernard there is no reason to want Bush as well. He is similar to most of those guys and Thomas is a top 5 WR. Also, I never attacked your integrity. That's not something I would do...Integrity and credibility are very very different things.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm taking that into account. The OP would still have Shady,Murray,L Bell, and Bernard. He has 4 very good RB without Bush. Murray and L Bell are arguably equal or even slightly better than Bush.
    Fair enough. And while I disagree that Bell is on the same plane as Bush, more importantly, take a look at the receivers the OP already has in a start 2 WR with 1 RB/WR flex format: AJ Green; Josh Gordon; Danny Amendola; Pierre Garcon; Percy Harvin; and Alshon Jeffery. That's insane. Adding Demaryius to that stockpile is like bringing a date to a bachelor party.