Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Offered Demaryius Thomas for Reggie Bush

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Offered Demaryius Thomas for Reggie Bush

One year, non-ppr standard scoring.

I really like both guys. I feel I have pretty good depth at both WR and RB. Who do you think will have the bigger upside the rest of the year?

Here's my current roster.

Kaepernick

LeSean McCoy
    Reggie Bush
    DeMarco Murray
    Le'Veon Bell
    Giovani Bernard

AJ Green
    Josh Gordon
    Danny Amendola
    Pierre Garcon
    Percy Harvin (decided my roster was deep enough that I could stash him early)
    Alshon Jeffery (will drop when I have guys on bye week)

Jordan Cameron

Dobber Sports Initiate

Stick with Reggie. I would much rather package Bell or Bernard with someone like Amendola for another solid WR1.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Veteran

In general I like Thomas way better. And your RB are very deep. But my question would be how many of each position do you start?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would take DT on his one. The guy's a stud and puts up really nice stats weekly. Assuming you have a flex spot you could roll with DT, Green and Garçon every week. Tough to beat that

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    In general I like Thomas way better. And your RB are very deep. But my question would be how many of each position do you start?
    Start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex (WR/RB), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

I've tried packaging 2 guys for an elite WR1 and most guys counter with a terrible trade. This was the first counter proposal I got that I think is actually close.

My instinct is that DT is going to be a beast this year with Manning playing the way he is. I know RB's get injured a ton though, so maybe I need to keep the RB depth to be safe. Having Harvin coming around week 7 might make DT less of a need.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Subject to some pretty drastic roster settings, I think you have to keep Reggie Bush here. It's nothing against Thomas, and I do tip my cap for your RB depth, but you've got one heck of a group of receivers too. Productive RBs are so scarce that it's just insanely difficult to justify parting with one. Here, I note that notwithstanding some great talent, your RB group consists of two rooks who likely will have their ups and downs and 3 established guys with a propensity for getting dinged. I'd hang tight.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tww9 View Post
    Start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex (WR/RB), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

I've tried packaging 2 guys for an elite WR1 and most guys counter with a terrible trade. This was the first counter proposal I got that I think is actually close.

My instinct is that DT is going to be a beast this year with Manning playing the way he is. I know RB's get injured a ton though, so maybe I need to keep the RB depth to be safe. Having Harvin coming around week 7 might make DT less of a need.
    I would definitely take Thomas starting 2 Rb,2 wr, 1 flex. Your team will always be able to get 2 very solid RB so it comes down to pure production. It's very possible that Thomas gets more TDs than any rb/wr on your team...including Shady and AJ Green. I'm not saying that it's extremely likely, but his upside is immense, higher than almost anyone's. Denver's offense looks more high powered than any team has in years, and he is the most talented player on it and is Manning's go to guy and favorite target (although I will acknowledge that the ball doe get spread around.) There are more than enough balls to go around for Thomas to finish a top 5 WR and still have Welker,Decker,JThomas be productive because they don't run very often even when they are way ahead.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Matt is just plain wrong. In most settings the upside for a RB1 is much higher than for a WR1. If a RB get going he can outscore the best WR with up to a hundred fantasypoints. In our league the highest scoring WR last year (Calvin) only ranked as W/R-6 and most of those second best receivers ended up outside the top 15. It is much better to have a RB12 as your flex than a WR3 since starting RBs are rare and get injured. Also, the difference between the top 2-4 WRs and WR10-WR14 is not that big. We are talking 1-2 fantasypoints per week. It is just not worth it.

AJ Green, Garcon, Gordon and Amendola is a great core of receivers and playing the matchups with them to fill up just two WR spots shouldnt be a downgrade from D Thomas at all. But McCoy, Bush and Murray are way better options than than Bell/Bernard.

Your normal starters would be:
    RB1: McCoy
    RB2: Bush
    W/R: Murray
    WR1: AJ Green
    WR2: Garcon, Amendola, Gordon

After the trade Murray becomes your RB2 and you would have to go with Bell, Bernard, Garcon, Amendola, Gordon as your flex. The upgrade in WR2 does not justify losing that much upside in your flex-spot AND losing RB depth at the same time.

Stick with what you've got.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    I think Matt is just plain wrong. In most settings the upside for a RB1 is much higher than for a WR1. If a RB get going he can outscore the best WR with up to a hundred fantasypoints. In our league the highest scoring WR last year (Calvin) only ranked as W/R-6 and most of those second best receivers ended up outside the top 15. It is much better to have a RB12 as your flex than a WR3 since starting RBs are rare and get injured. Also, the difference between the top 2-4 WRs and WR10-WR14 is not that big. We are talking 1-2 fantasypoints per week. It is just not worth it.

AJ Green, Garcon, Gordon and Amendola is a great core of receivers and playing the matchups with them to fill up just two WR spots shouldnt be a downgrade from D Thomas at all. But McCoy, Bush and Murray are way better options than than Bell/Bernard.

Your normal starters would be:
    RB1: McCoy
    RB2: Bush
    W/R: Murray
    WR1: AJ Green
    WR2: Garcon, Amendola, Gordon

After the trade Murray becomes your RB2 and you would have to go with Bell, Bernard, Garcon, Amendola, Gordon as your flex. The upgrade in WR2 does not justify losing that much upside in your flex-spot AND losing RB depth at the same time.

Stick with what you've got.
    Bush is an injury risk and J Bell often gets the goal line carries for the Lions. L Bell had 2(almost 3) TDs in his first week back. The Steelers just feed him every time. He's going to be a stud. Murray is a very good RB2 as well and Bernard gets more and more carries every week and already has 2 TD in 4 career NFL games. This is non ppr buddy, every single one of those RB could end up with more TDs than Bush.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Are you in some weird league that doesnt count yards? Or value receiving yards as much as rushing?
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah, I'd be keeping Bush as well based on what I know about these settings.

At worst, Bush is a yardage monster in this offense (and, for the record, I don't subscribe to the theory that he'll be TD starved). And the Broncos are so loaded on offense, that Thomas will inevitably have down weeks based on defensive scheming. That is not an indictment of Thomas' talent; it's just an acknowledgment that with all of those weapons, Manning doesn't have to force the ball into where it shouldn't go. With your roster, and depending on scoring, the list of non-RBs who I might consider trading Bush for include: Graham, Manning, Brees and Calvin. Maybe Rodgers. Other than that, your team is loaded beyond belief and whatever modest boost you'd receive elsewhere by trading critical RB depth is a lateral move at best.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Novice

I was waiting and still hadn't made a decision and the guy cancelled the trade after Bush had a poor game this week. Was leaning that way anyways. Can't believe that with the roster I have, I'm still only in third place and that's after barely squeaking away with the win this week.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Just traded Cruz for Reggie Bush.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tww9 View Post
    I was waiting and still hadn't made a decision and the guy cancelled the trade after Bush had a poor game this week. Was leaning that way anyways. Can't believe that with the roster I have, I'm still only in third place and that's after barely squeaking away with the win this week.
    The guy probably finally came to his senses. No way I'd be trading the top receiver on the highest powered passing offense the NFL has seen in a long time. That's why you jump on offers like that quickly...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    The guy probably finally came to his senses. No way I'd be trading the top receiver on the highest powered passing offense the NFL has seen in a long time. That's why you jump on offers like that quickly...
    Shouldnt put that up like a fact when most of us disagree with you. I think he made the right choice to stay put.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR: