Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hilarious panic moves

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    OK, just because you're upset that someone dared to compare Trouba favorably to Wiercioch, doesn't mean you should label anyone who picked up Trouba as crazy. For example, I dropped Vatanen for Trouba, am I crazy?

Do me a favor, take Shoeless' advice...
    Wow, relax. Clearly was being facetious.

Vatanen is better offensively than Trouba but you're not crazy to drop him for him (maybe for this season)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    The thing I notice more and more is how some guys forget their very first season of fantasy hockey. Convenient huh? It certainly would get in the way of being condescending.
    I won my first fantasy hockey league, it's been all downhill from there

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Performance itself is meaningless in the first week or two, but it could help a player who's on the bubble between PP1 and PP2, or sticking on the top offensive line versus a checking role, or something like that. It's hard to get a firm grasp on roles before the games start to matter.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Wow, relax. Clearly was being facetious.

Vatanen is better offensively than Trouba but you're not crazy to drop him for him (maybe for this season)
    Apologies, uncalled for, but you do have a thing about this whole Trouba v Wiercioch thing from that other thread!!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Banned

Apologies, uncalled for, but you do have a thing about this whole Trouba v Wiercioch thing from that other thread!!
    Ev has an "[INSERT SENS PLAYER] versus [INSERT NON-SENS PLAYER]" for pretty much any permutation you care to mention

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Ooooooh! Chilling thought! DRAMA!

Are you really that stupid that you're comparing an adult hockey forum to a classroom for children? That's always the most convoluted BS I come across whenever I give someone lip on the internet.

I have a question back for you: Do you behave in this internet messiah way in every single situation you come across? When you're in a bar? When you're shooting the shit with someone? If you do, there's legitimate concern that you might be placed somewhere on the autistic spectrum. But I don't think you do, so why don't you do me a holier-than-thou favor and stop insinuating that I treat my students like shit? Idiot.
    Well at least we now have it confessed that you treat other Dobber forum members like shit.

Dakkster, how people behave in one area of their life tends to be the way they behave in other areas of their life - I think it's a legitimate musing.

Should that be 'autism spectrum' rather than 'autistic spectrum'? Wouldn't want to be making a grammar error here, would we?

Dobber Sports Icon

Most of the time, moves made in the first week or two don't pan out, players start strong and fizzle out, etc.

But anyone who's an Erik Karlsson owner picked him up at some point, in many cases through the waiver wire, and had to drop someone who at the time was arguably more valuable. In my case it was towards the tail end of his rookie season, end of January 2010, when he was starting to put up some points, and he ended that season on a great run notching something like 15 in his last 20.

I'm not saying Trouba is Karlsson or will ever be even close to him, my point is merely that sometimes, albeit rarely, that quick pickup you make when a young guy starts to perform could in fact result in you holding a stud for a long long time, and a stud who starts contributing fantasy worthy numbers right away.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Banned

Why would Trouba not be owned in a keeper league?

Banned

I don't, only for fantasy hockey will Wiercioch outproduce Trouba this year by a considerable margin and maybe outproduce him in the future as well . Of course I would take Trouba in real life. I like Dumba more for offense as well.

This first game will lead to disappointment when Trouba doesn't put up many points this year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Why would Trouba not be owned in a keeper league?
    Kinda depends on the league set-up, Big Ev. But I agree in a medium sized league with a farm - he will be owned.

Dobber Sports Icon

Should I drop E. Kane for Frolik? Kane's a bust so far and Frolik is on FIRE!!!
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just change your name to "Dikkster" already...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    10 team - 1 year -Yahoo Daily H2H Cats League

G, A, PPP, +/-, Shots, PIM
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, Utility, 2G, IR, 5bench

C. Getzlaf, T.Johnson, Turris, Stastny
    LW. Saad(rw), Simmonds(rw), Hudler(c,rw)
    RW. Ovechkin(lw), Draisaitl (lw) Stone
    D. Josi, Carlson, Klingberg, Phaneuf, Stralman
    G. Holtby, Halak, Niemi
    IR.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Well at least we now have it confessed that you treat other Dobber forum members like shit.

Dakkster, how people behave in one area of their life tends to be the way they behave in other areas of their life - I think it's a legitimate musing.

Should that be 'autism spectrum' rather than 'autistic spectrum'? Wouldn't want to be making a grammar error here, would we?
    I treat people here like shit when I think it's warranted, yes. Wasn't that obvious before? How is that even a confession? Seriously, why are you going out of your way to lay up these "gotcha!" statements? You're not breaking new ground in any way. I've already said many times here that I can be a dick when I think it's warranted.

You can project your own theories all you want, but that doesn't actually make it so. I think it's a completely illegitimate musing, since people behave very differently in very different situations with very different people. I know one of my downfalls is that I'm an arrogant know-it-all. However, I don't think you know that your downfall is that you think a bit too highly of your own so-called wisdom. Again, if you are so ****ing ******ed that you think I treat a 12-year-old child with a learning disorder the same as I treat a grown man who I've observed through text for years, then you are well and truly lost and know nothing about the real world. You. Are. Not. A. Sage.

And no, it's called autism spectrum. It's what it's called in the business. Do yourself a favor and don't try to be a smartass when you obviously know exactly dick about a subject. You only make yourself look dumb. Just google autism spectrum. Takes about two seconds.

Now get out of my kitchen.

GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I treat people here like shit when I think it's warranted, yes. Wasn't that obvious before? How is that even a confession? Seriously, why are you going out of your way to lay up these "gotcha!" statements? You're not breaking new ground in any way. I've already said many times here that I can be a dick when I think it's warranted.

You can project your own theories all you want, but that doesn't actually make it so. I think it's a completely illegitimate musing, since people behave very differently in very different situations with very different people. I know one of my downfalls is that I'm an arrogant know-it-all. However, I don't think you know that your downfall is that you think a bit too highly of your own so-called wisdom. Again, if you are so ****ing ******ed that you think I treat a 12-year-old child with a learning disorder the same as I treat a grown man who I've observed through text for years, then you are well and truly lost and know nothing about the real world. You. Are. Not. A. Sage.

And no, it's called autism spectrum. It's what it's called in the business. Do yourself a favor and don't try to be a smartass when you obviously know exactly dick about a subject. You only make yourself look dumb. Just google autism spectrum. Takes about two seconds.

Now get out of my kitchen.

Then why did you say this originally - "that you might be placed somewhere on the autistic spectrum."? I didn't need to google it, I already knew.

Get a grip, Dakkster. Your anger and hate of who I appear to be, has nothing to do with me and everything to do with you. Why on earth would you want to give up that much power to something as benign as your perception of who I am, by making me a target of such vitriol?

Anyway, if you wish to continue treating other forum members like crap - then, I wish to continue provoking your cognitive dissonance. I'm pretty good at it, don't you think?

Banned

Remember when Trouba had 2 points and then went pointless in his next 5 games? That was cute.