Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Dobber Pro Campbell

Dobber Sports Stud

Team : Serious Chinny

Like other have said, i have finally have a chance to recap the draft.
    I actually felt very unprepared for this draft, i became busy at work and with 25 mins before the draft i still needed to run out and get dinner (i was still at my office) and get back and then modify my draft list from another league to add +/- and Hits.
    I normally like to do a review after to move guys around but my draft program became strictly numbers based this year!

A few notes before i get to my team.
    The draft was just a hair over 2 hours, which is incredibly fast given the size of the league and number of players picked!
    I was also in the same drafting position last year so i thought i had a plan all mapped out for my picks! (that didn't happen)

1. (12) Pekka Rinne (Nsh - G)
    Knew i was going Goalie with this pick, was extremely happy to have Rinne there, last year i felt like i got goalies that had questions marks around them, i feel good this year with Rinne.

2. (17) Claude Giroux (Phi - C,RW)
    Easy pick, just grab my 2nd goalie and prepare the rest of my team around 2 studs in net, oh wait, Giroux is still here? screw grabbing a goalie, Giroux is an easy pick here!

3. (40) Corey Perry (Anh - RW)
    Goalie right? nope, few goalies are still sitting there that i would be fine with any as a 2nd (and by fine i mean i am screwed anyway you look at it, might as well wait) so i grabbed a guy i hope to have a great bounce back year, i heard this guy has scored a lot of goals in the past!

4. (45) Dustin Byfuglien (Wpg - RW,D) - My plan of grabbing Goalies and D early has been pushed off track, but Big Buff is high on my list and want to make sure i get someone that can provide me a few stats from the backend

5. (68) Evgeni Nabokov (NYI - G)
    Ok this is getting bad, i need a goalie i hope to play some games, the guide has him at 62 or something around there, that will have to do. I normally like to have better goalies in this league but i have also never won! Time for a change!
    I also got in a time bind here, a few guys i had my eye on went in the picks just before me so i didnt have anyone lined up and while searching i gave up and grabbed the goalie i needed.

6. (73) Max Pacioretty (Mon - LW)
    Started to be concerned with making sure i kept a well balanced roster. Think Max should be a great top LW for me.

Going to start grouping my picks together since i was near the end of the order and lots of my picks were made in pairs

7. (96) Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Pho - D)
    8. (101) Joe Pavelski (SJ - C,RW)
    Didnt want to get overloaded in any one position and was hoping to draft as many multi pos players as possible. You dont have to agree with the positions yahoo has but i wont let it prevent me from taking advantage of it. Also wanted to keep my D up so was watching my D list carefully make sure i could grab a guy every couple rounds to make sure i am set back there.

9. (124) Jonathan Huberdeau (Fla - C,LW)
    10. (129) Kevin Shattenkirk (StL - D)
    Again went multi pos and D, im starting to notice a trend here. My calculations told me i was getting low in Goals so i grab Huberdeau and one of the high goal guys left on D in Shattenkirk

11. (152) Jakob Silfverberg (Anh - LW,RW)
    12. (157) Alex Goligoski (Dal - D)
    See above, Silfverberg became an interesting name on my list here with the hopes he lines up with Perry to give me 2 of the 3 there.

13. (180) Jiri Tlusty (Car - LW)
    14. (185) Paul Stastny (Col - C)
    Started to pay closer attention to my roster positions, think i had 6-7 RW eligible guys at this point but 3-4 LW/C guys so i focused there, was also happy with how my D was shaping up so i thought i would take a break from drafting D, the list of guys i had left were all pretty interchangeable to me.

15. (208) Michael Ryder (NJ - RW)
    16. (213) David Clarkson (Tor - RW)
    Umm more RW's? These guys were quite a bit ahead of the rest of the guys on my list, really hoping Clarkson comes back with something to prove, but have enough RW already i should be able to cover his suspension.

17. (236) Jason Garrison (Van - D)
    18. (241) Roman Josi (Nsh - D)
    Ok my list of interchangable D's is getting low, time to fill my last 2 D spots. Like what both of these guys offer and hope Garrison is able to find the back of the net this year.

19. (264) Jiri Hudler (Cgy - LW)
    20. (269) Aleksander Barkov (Fla - C)
    Back to filling LW/C roster spots, taking a flyer on Barkov and really hoping someone can score for Calgary and Hudler finds a way to be part of it.

21. (292) Kris Versteeg (Fla - LW,RW)
    22. (297) R.J. Umberger (Cls - LW)
    For some reason I have high hopes for Umberger this year, also saw Versteeg sitting there and the multi pos bumped him up a bit on my list.

23. (320) Olli Jokinen (Wpg - C)
    24. (325) Jacob Trouba (Wpg - D)
    25. (348) Rich Peverley (Dal - C)
    Bench fodder, hoping for a surprise from Trouba, figured my D was solid enough i could take a chance on the kid. Jokinen is a guy that has always disappointed me in the past, him at 23 is easy to swallow if i get nothing out of him. Peverley is just a guy i was actually surprised was still around.
    I found these last few rounds guys i had thought would slip to me were getting grabbed up on me.

I haven't had much time to review the rest of the teams yet but looking forward to a great year. As i see a few others have said here i am pleased with my squad and yes my goaltending is the weaker part of my squad i will just need to be ready on the waiver wire in case of emergency.

Dobber Sports Stud

I should add that after reading the other Dobber leagues that have been posted our league has had the best analysis done, hoping that means we will have a very active league!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default h...POOL ON!

I"ve always said I'm likely one of the least knowledgable guys on this sight but , I do enjoy the fantasy hockey "thing".

I'm in a new job and have much less time to "research" hockey players so I basically drafted players whose #'s seem to look good for the stasts in this pool.

That said I did make several gamble picks , argueably McKinnon.
    Thomas & Markstrom , one vet who has something to prove on a "weak" team and one up & comer who is being touted as the next Lundquist type tender.So I'm hoping the Florida tandem can help their team put up some wins.

Emery is another somewhat questionable pick but , he is in a similar posistion as in Chi. , som if he does close to what he did last year I'll be happy!

The #1 in Dal. should help me if the others strugle as he should get most of the stasrts on an above 500 team.

I thought Ovechkin might fall to me with the #2 pick but , shucks I'm stuck with some guy named Crosby , lol!

Datsyuk - easy choice

Louie Errickson - underrated

Phaneuf - hits , sogs & pts

Ennis - emerging stud

Jagr - new team , last season? , go out with a bang...

Flash - steady #'s

Horton - must be the "Keiths"

Frattin - see above

Brunner - why not

Jones - hope he gets a chance to show why he was touted as the #1 draft choice for so long

Leddy - needle in a hay stack

Winnik - options are dwindling

Setagouchi - doing well in the "Peg"

Bickle - see Leddy

Mcbain - bounce back year

Spurgeon - I need def.

Errickson see above

Palimeri - will go nice with Wnnik

Clitsome - last pick , will fill a void if Jones doesn't pan out ; besides his name is erotic!!!!!

Good luck all , remember keep it smooth!

Oh yeah...POOL ON!
    Oh yeah...POOL ON!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Recruit

My team: FLIP-ADELPHIA
    (Anyone who is a fan of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia ought to get it)

Round 1(3)/2(26): Steven Stamkos (TBL) & Brayden Holtby (SJ)
    I 'm pretty sure that everyone ranks Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos and Malkin in the top-4, no matter what type of pool. Because last year I ended up with only one starter (Niemi), I changed my strategy to make sure to value starting goalies VERY high. I was debating if I should take Lundqvist here, but I just couldn't pass on Stamkos. 22 picks later, I find that 13 of the top goalies are already taken. I had no choice but to snatch Holtby before being left in the dust.PICK SCORE: 9/10 [STAMKOS!!!!!..... Holtby! But was really hoping for Anderson. Let's go Caps!!]

Round 3(31)/4(54): Sergei Bobrovsky (CBJ) & Jason Spezza (OTT)
    Looking at the rest of the goalies available at this point, I felt the reigning Vezina trophy winner ought to be a safe pick, although I'll tell you my heart was racing. I have never drafted a Blue Jacket not-named Rick Nash this high before, and I felt uneasy to say the least. I was glad to see a player left on the board capable of 80+ points, so taking Spezza here was not a difficult decision. PICK SCORE: 8/10

Round 5(59)/6(82): Mike Green (WSH) & Nail Yakupov (EDM)
    I needed to get a stud D-man before they all went, and I really feel that barring injury, Mike Green could return to 50+ points playing with the PPP machine that is Alex Ovechkin. Here's Hoping! I could not make up my mind in time and got auto-picked with Yakupov. Good thing I set up my pre draft rankings, but wish I had made a decision. PICK SCORE: 6/10

Round 7(87)/8(110): Gabriel Landeskog (COL) & Jason Pominville (MIN)
    After both Dustin Brown and Ryan Callahan were taken, I saw that my third ranked multi-category machine Landeskog was still there, so I could not be happier getting him 87th. Jason Pominville was the next best ranked RW that I had, and because RW is such a shallow position, I nabbed him. Happy with this set of mid round picks. PICK SCORE: 9/10

Round 9(115)/10(138): Cory Schneider (NJD) & Brian Campbell (FLA)
    I ranked Schneider at #100. I was shocked to see Brodeur get picked before him, so I was pleasantly surprised to get him at 115. My trio of Bobrovsky / Holtby / Schneider now looks promising to me. I took Campbell here because my calculations were showing my lacking in PPA's, and although Campbell's +/- has been dreadful in Florida, I feel that the Panthers are improving defensively, and they have been infused with some awesome offensive talent through the draft in recent years.PICK SCORE: 9/10

Round 11(143)/12(166): Teddy Purcell (TBL) & Steve Ott (BUF)
    I kind of panicked here, I didn't have Purcell ranked this high but RW was really running thin, and I hope he can get some PP time with the big guns on Tampa Bay. Steve Ott was a great multi-category player last year and has steadily gotten more PP time. He works hard and hits everything, and has good hands as well. Glad to have him. PICK SCORE: 8/10

Round 13(171)/14(194): Brandon Dubinsky (CBJ) & Mikhail Grabovski (WSH)
    I was happy to get Grabovski this late because I feel he can do Ribeiro's job even better as the Caps number two Center. He showed good flashes in pre-season, and has some great advanced stats as well. Dubinsky is likely to play top-line with Gaborik, and could return to 50 points and tons of hits. Can a fantasy team win with TWO Blue Jackets on his team??PICK SCORE: 8/10

Round 15(199)/16(222): Cal Clutterbuck (NYI) & Dan Girardi (NYR)
    Easy choice here. Clutterbuck's appearance at #9 on Angus' top-10 Sleeper Pick list back in July was a good article that put him on my radar. My calculations showed I need to address hits. So I used both these picks to do it. Girardi is a solid player, gets great plus/minus and really contributes in hits. These are players I wanted at this stage of the draft. PICK SCORE: 8/10

Round 17(227)/18(250): Micheal Cammalleri (CGY) & Derek Roy (STL)
    I'm not a huge fan of having a Calgary Flame, but I need help getting PP points, and if Cammalleri can uncharacteristically avoid injuries this season, maybe he could be a pleasant surprise. Multi-position eligibility is a plus. Derek Roy was an auto-draft pick, I don't hate it, but my plan was to take Tyler Toffoli here and Brenden Dillon at 255 (who went 259th). I ran out of time, and got Roy. Toss up in my opinion.PICK SCORE: 6/10

Round 19(255)/20(278): Tyler Toffoli (LAK) & Curtis Glencross (CGY)
    I had to take Toffoli here because he was higher ranked to me than Dillon, and I just hoped he would slip to #278 but as I said before, he went at 259. I guess my rankings were accurate. I had Glencross in past years, and he always seems to get over 20 goals with decent peripherals. Another Flame though.......PICK SCORE: 7/10

Round 21(283)/22(306): Craig Smith (NSH) & Raphael Diaz (MTL)
    We're officially hitting the deep end, and I scooped up Smith here because a C/RW is always a bonus, and he hopefully gets steady top six ice-time. I need more PP points and Diaz certainly can get some playing second-wave. Contract year too for him so he's got something to prove.PICK SCORE: 8/10.

Round 23(311)/24(334): Jonas Brodin (MIN) & Adam Henrique (NJD)
    Yes I will take one of the top candidates for the Calder trophy last year with Brodin. He's number two after Suter on the Wild, pleased he was available here. Is Adam Henrique really ranked this low? I know he had a poor season after being injured last year, but I am happy to get him at 334.PICK SCORE: 7/10
    Round 25(349): Alex Killorn (TBL)
    Hey if he gets ice-time with Stamkos or St. Louis or Drouin it's a bonus! PICK SCORE: 6/10

OVERALL GRADE: B+, forecasted finish: 4th

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND HAVE FUN AND MAKE TRADES!
    Last edited by robi; September 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

The Wolverine

Glad the season is finally underway.

Just of note, I'm always willing to consider trades so feel free to make offers. Unless they're bad ones then I'll just tell you to **** off. (kidding)

Look forward to a fun and competitive league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is this league viewable to people not in the league? I am competing right now in the Entry division and would love some insight to see what moves the GMs in this league are doing.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Recent additions in league (an ugly "copy/paste"):

Bryan Allen Anh - D
    Waiver Quatermoss & the Sid BN
    Oct 23, 3:44 am

Brian Boyle NYR - C

Ryan Murphy Car - D
    Waiver Rimouski Oceanic Simon C

Robyn Regehr LA - D
    Waiver Mustangs Nathan

Tanner Glass Pit - LW
    Waiver Kings Landing Pengwin7

Jay Harrison Car - D
    $1 Waiver Steam Roller Jamie

Gustav Nyquist Det - C NA
    $1 Waiver Unknown Mr. Guru

Danny DeKeyser Det - D
    $2 Waiver Wade's Team Wade

Johnny Boychuk Bos - D

Morgan Rielly Tor - D

Drew Stafford Buf - RW
    $2 Waiver Quatermoss & the Sid BN

Craig Smith Nsh - C,RW
    $4 Waiver rattus rattus rattus

Jean-Sebastien Giguere Col - G
    $4 Waiver Timbrrrr Martin (Mush) K

Mike Santorelli Van - C
    $5 Waiver Renegade

Ryan Johansen Cls - C,RW
    $7 Waiver Renegade

Martin Erat Was - LW,RW
    $8 Waiver Wade's Team Wade

Josh Bailey NYI - LW
    Waiver rattus rattus rattus
    Oct 16, 3:55 am

Hampus Lindholm Anh - D

David Booth Van - LW
    Waiver Last Resort The Men from the Ministry

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Standings as of this morning:
    1 Kings Landing 91.5
    2 rattus rattus 83.5
    3 Mustangs 79.5
    4 Last Resort 78.5
    5 Timbrrrr 76.5
    6 Serious Chinny 73.5
    7 Crazynuck 68.5
    7 Rimouski Oceanic 68.5
    7 Flip-Adelphia 68.5
    10 Renegade 67.5
    11 Quatermoss & the Sid 54.5
    12 Unknown 49
    13 Steam Roller 48
    14 Wade's Team 37.5

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Standings as of this morning:
    1 Kings Landing 91.5
    2 rattus rattus 83.5
    3 Mustangs 79.5
    4 Last Resort 78.5
    5 Timbrrrr 76.5
    6 Serious Chinny 73.5
    7 Crazynuck 68.5
    7 Rimouski Oceanic 68.5
    7 Flip-Adelphia 68.5
    10 Renegade 67.5
    11 Quatermoss & the Sid 54.5
    12 Unknown 49
    13 Steam Roller 48
    14 Wade's Team 37.5
    I'm glad my offense woke up a bit last night to compensate for the slow start/injury to my goaltending pair (Lundqvist/Anderson). Please let that injury to Lundqvist be minor.

Patience, Quatermoss. Patience. Your time will come.

(hopefully)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

LOL, love the reduced text size.

My team is currently on fire!!!
    After last night's games: Team is at 100+ pts and 20pt lead over 2nd place.
    Min. 8pts per category.
    [Figured I'd post this since I doubt I can rise any higher.]

Kings Landing... we so evil.

The Wolverine

LOL, love the reduced text size.

My team is currently on fire!!!
    After last night's games: Team is at 100+ pts and 20pt lead over 2nd place.
    Min. 8pts per category.
    [Figured I'd post this since I doubt I can rise any higher.]

Kings Landing... we so evil.
    I know - it's annoying seeing both your roto squads doing so well and mine are struggling.

Ah well, it's a long season.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 2013/2014 Dobber Pro Campbell

Standings as of Dec.2nd
    1 Rimouski Oceanic97.5
    2 Last Resort90.5
    3 Timbrrrr83
    4 Crazynuck79.5
    5 Renegade77
    6 Kings Landing75.5
    7 Flip-Adelphia64
    7 Serious Chinny64
    9 Mustangs61.5
    10 rattus rattus60
    11 Quatermoss & the Sid58
    12 Unknown56.5
    13 Steam Roller46.5
    14 Wade's Team31.5

Nice start by the Oceanic on the heels of Parise (15), Tavares (16), Sharp (19), Turris (44th overall Yahoo player).
    It will be interesting to see if he can maintain this lead with a goalie trio of Price, Poulin, and Dubnyk.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

At the mid-way mark (41g), January 1st:
    1 Renegade 91.5 3.5 - $76 13 6
    2 Rimouski Oceanic 91 -2.5 0.5 $82 12 8
    3 Last Resort 88.5 -3 3 $65 5 20
    4 Crazynuck 77.5 -3 14 $27 10 6
    5 Kings Landing 76.5 2.5 15 $64 1 15
    6 Serious Chinny 74.5 1.5 17 $5 2 6
    7 Mustangs 73 -1 18.5 $58 3 8
    8 rattus rattus 68.5 3 23 $17 11 25
    9 Timbrrrr 65 1 26.5 $70 4 4
    10 Quatermoss & the Sid 64 1 27.5 $65 6 25
    11 Unknown 60 -3.5 31.5 $94 14 3
    12 Steam Roller 42.5 3.5 49 $42 7 8
    13 Flip-Adelphia 38.5 -1.5 53 $54 8 12
    14 Wade's Team 34 -1.5 57.5 $42 9 17

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Standings as of March 03, 2014:
    1 Renegade 94
    2 Rimouski Oceanic 86
    3 Last Resort 84.5
    4 Crazynuck 82.5
    5 Serious Chinny 78.5
    6 Quatermoss & the Sid 71
    7 Kings Landing 70
    8 Unknown 69
    9 Mustangs 63
    10 Timbrrrr 61
    11 rattus rattus 58
    12 Wade's Team 43
    13 Flip-Adelphia 42.5
    14 Steam Roller 42

The Wolverine

Standings as of March 03, 2014:
    1 Renegade 94
    2 Rimouski Oceanic 86
    3 Last Resort 84.5
    4 Crazynuck 82.5
    5 Serious Chinny 78.5
    6 Quatermoss & the Sid 71
    7 Kings Landing 70
    8 Unknown 69
    9 Mustangs 63
    10 Timbrrrr 61
    11 rattus rattus 58
    12 Wade's Team 43
    13 Flip-Adelphia 42.5
    14 Steam Roller 42
    Unfortunately with my goaltending struggles (Lundqvist, Anderson), a few untimely skater injuries and some disappointing performances amongst my D put me in an early hole that was a bit too deep. I've battled back from being in the bottom half for much of the season. Oh well. Hopefully I can produce enough over the last month to get within striking distance of those just above me and have a respectable finish.