Thread: Two potential early season trades!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Two potential early season trades!

Big issue for me coming up this week. I've been dealing with a team with two elite QB's as I have none at the moment. Here are the quality details..
    10 team league - 8 keeper players - 17 man rosters with 2 IR.
    ESPN standard scoring with decimals no stupid PPR.
    I took over a team that finished last place two seasons ago going on my third season in the league and moved up from 10th to 7th to 5th and got knocked out of the play-offs last year by the future champ.
    here's a run down of the roster I've got at the moment. I've been lucky with some players and unlucky with some others which has left me going 1-1 into week 3.
    QB - Michael Vick
    QB - Tony Romo
    RB - Marshawn Lynch
    RB - Knowshon Moreno
    RB - Ben Tate
    RB - Andre Elington
    RB - Rashard Mendenhall
    RB - Willis McGahee
    RB - Ronnie Hillman
    WR - Miles Austin
    WR - Sidney Rice
    WR - DeSean Jackson
    WR - Demaryius Thomas
    WR - Torrey Smith
    TE - Jimmy Graham
    D/ST - Chicago Bears
    K - Matt Bryant
    IR - RB Steven Jackson

Yes I know I went RB heavy but most of that was done via waivers because I did not want any other teams picking them up. I have offers for Moreno already as I have no problem rocking Lynch and Mendy as my high end RB1 and low end RB2. My WR's are solid as far as I am concerned, there's maybe only 2 or 3 teams with more consistent WR's than mine. Got the best TE in the game gronk or no gronk as far as I'm concerned. The rest is expendable.

Here are the two offers that I've been working on so far with other teams that aren't as fortunate as my team.

Deal 1 - My Tony Romo and 1st round pick in next seasons draft for HIS Tom Brady and 3rd round pick.

Deal 2 - My Knowshon Moreno and Steven Jackson and 3rd round pick for HIS DeMarco Murray and Chris Givens and 5th round pick.

Deal 1 is in the bag if I want it ... I'm a little hesitant giving up my first round pick (however it should be nothing higher than 6th overall given the rest of the competition) but Brady should still be fairly consistent and elite for the next few years at least. I have not accepted it at all as it's pending me sending it I'm just wondering if it's something I should actually do. I love Vick but I just am with the general population that he'll be hard-pressed to stay healthy for 16 games -- he's had a couple instances of me cringing because he takes a few moments to get off the turf.

Deal 2 is also in the bag if I want it and the main reason it's appealing is because I sacrifice a solid but injured back in SJaxx and a mid pick for Murray who isn't a pretty runner however he's got age on his side. It's just a matter of starting to stock on younger guys on my team.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and rep will be given as always. Thanks all. Dobber on.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Assuming you start QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, TE, FLEX, K, DST?

QB: Vick, Romo
    RB: Lynch, Mendenhall, Moreno, Tate, Ellington, McGahee, Hillman
    WR: Demaryius, Desean, Torrey, Sid Rice
    TE: Graham
    K: Bryant DST: Bears
    IR: SJax

This leaves Torrey and Moreno fighting for that flex spot, but when SJax returns he should be your new RB2 and move Mendy back down to compete for the flex spot (where he belongs in a 10 team league...might even be a slightly weak flex). If my assumptions are correct this should be an average+ team in a 10 team league, and you will be one of the teams fighting to make the playoffs. My guess would be that you finish 9-5 or 8-6 in a 14 match regular season. My main concern is the Vick+Desean combo as I agree on Vick being an injury risk. Not sure how Desean will perform with Foles as the QB.

I'm dont think Brady is a big improvement on Romo and especially not for this season. BUT with 80 players being kept we are talking players like Mike Williams, Miles Austin, Josh Gordon, backup RBs and rookies being the best available in the draft. Dropping to 3rd shouldnt be a huge problem as picking from these type of players is a crapshoot anyways.

In deal 2 I like SJax more than Murray (even with the injury....Murray will stretch something getting out of bed or something soon enough), and Givens vs Moreno is pretty much the same. I would probably prefer Moreno, so you are giving up the two best players even if its not by much. Doesnt make sense that you should be the one giving up the best round in next years draft. Flip that to your 5th for his 3rd and it is more close.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Chill View Post
    Big issue for me coming up this week. I've been dealing with a team with two elite QB's as I have none at the moment. Here are the quality details..
    10 team league - 8 keeper players - 17 man rosters with 2 IR.
    ESPN standard scoring with decimals no stupid PPR.
    I took over a team that finished last place two seasons ago going on my third season in the league and moved up from 10th to 7th to 5th and got knocked out of the play-offs last year by the future champ.
    here's a run down of the roster I've got at the moment. I've been lucky with some players and unlucky with some others which has left me going 1-1 into week 3.
    QB - Michael Vick
    QB - Tony Romo
    RB - Marshawn Lynch
    RB - Knowshon Moreno
    RB - Ben Tate
    RB - Andre Elington
    RB - Rashard Mendenhall
    RB - Willis McGahee
    RB - Ronnie Hillman
    WR - Miles Austin
    WR - Sidney Rice
    WR - DeSean Jackson
    WR - Demaryius Thomas
    WR - Torrey Smith
    TE - Jimmy Graham
    D/ST - Chicago Bears
    K - Matt Bryant
    IR - RB Steven Jackson

Yes I know I went RB heavy but most of that was done via waivers because I did not want any other teams picking them up. I have offers for Moreno already as I have no problem rocking Lynch and Mendy as my high end RB1 and low end RB2. My WR's are solid as far as I am concerned, there's maybe only 2 or 3 teams with more consistent WR's than mine. Got the best TE in the game gronk or no gronk as far as I'm concerned. The rest is expendable.

Here are the two offers that I've been working on so far with other teams that aren't as fortunate as my team.

Deal 1 - My Tony Romo and 1st round pick in next seasons draft for HIS Tom Brady and 3rd round pick.

Deal 2 - My Knowshon Moreno and Steven Jackson and 3rd round pick for HIS DeMarco Murray and Chris Givens and 5th round pick.

Deal 1 is in the bag if I want it ... I'm a little hesitant giving up my first round pick (however it should be nothing higher than 6th overall given the rest of the competition) but Brady should still be fairly consistent and elite for the next few years at least. I have not accepted it at all as it's pending me sending it I'm just wondering if it's something I should actually do. I love Vick but I just am with the general population that he'll be hard-pressed to stay healthy for 16 games -- he's had a couple instances of me cringing because he takes a few moments to get off the turf.

Deal 2 is also in the bag if I want it and the main reason it's appealing is because I sacrifice a solid but injured back in SJaxx and a mid pick for Murray who isn't a pretty runner however he's got age on his side. It's just a matter of starting to stock on younger guys on my team.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and rep will be given as always. Thanks all. Dobber on.

I don't think either trade helps you. Brady just doesn't have the weapons this year to put up top tier QB numbers. If they want to win (why wouldnt they?) , they'll have to grind out wins and will do that with a strong D and running game. Romo however does have better targets and no run game to contribute to the offense (so far). The Cowboys also have a very fantasy friendly division. Romo is also a fairly consistent fantasy contributor. I don't see the upside in making this swap.

That leads to deal 2. Murray always seems to be hurt and when he's not, is not putting up quality fantasy numbers (his division games might allow for some big weeks). Moreno is the guy in a Peyton Manning lead O and that alone makes him a RB2. Not too sure about SJax injury but him being included in the package for Murray and Givens is a massive overpayment/risk for minimal return.

If you are looking to get younger keepers, target wr's like Shorts or Hill. Also monitor the Browns Rb situation. Dion Lewis may be a great stash this year. Players on garbage teams now are always easier to acquire. And you already have a good 6 guys to keep already.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd take deal 1 for sure. Brady is at an alltime buy low and you would be capitalizing on that. Plus, Romo has struggled with rib injuries this season. Deal 2 is going to hurt you a lot this season and the only way I would do that is if you are giving up on this season and rebuilding for future seasons. Otherwise, I'd stay far away from deal 2.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I knew I'd end up forgetting a detail. We run 2 RB's and 3 WR's no FLEX position. One thing is RB's are just so hard to come by you basically have to luck out in the draft or WW when one just comes out of the blue, hence me holding on to so many RB's. The WR's are the more crucial position in terms of consistent output now with the league turning to throwing much more often but having solid RB options is still everyone's main focus in this league. Next years draft class is still a little unknown to me at this time but I know I was pretty disappointed to miss out on DeAndre Hopkins this year.
    Has anyone seen any upcoming rookie for the 2014 season that really jumps off the page that I might just end up using my first round pick on? also, it's important to reiterate that my first round pick will still likely be of later value. I don't think there is any way (injuries?) that my team finishes in the bottom 4.
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I still think trade 1 could be good in the long run. Might not help you too much this year, but you pretty much have to start Vick over Romo every week anyways (as long as he's healthy).

Moreno is a BIG sell high for me right now. Moreno straight up for Givens would be a steal. I would also try to sell Tate to whoever owns Foster.

Guessing all those young WRs have been taken? Stills, Thompkins, Patterson, Marlon Brown, Wheaton, Patton, Ace Sanders, Dobson, Kerley, Allen.

I would keep an eye on all of those.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Stills Sanders and Allen are all available, however because it's an 8 keeper league, those players are just not valuable compared to the top 90 players. I think the only young guys that won't be redraftable will be your Hopkins', Austins, Bells, and Bernards.
    Maybe I'm just being optimistic but its unreal to think that Brady is done at the ripe age of 36 when gun slinging Manning is still doing his thing in Denver. One has to ask the question though, will they rebuild their receiving core in time before Brady calls it quits or just doesn't want to play for a non-contender
    update inc.