Thread: Spurgeon or Brodin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Spurgeon or Brodin

I know everyone here loves Brodin and I've bought into it, but Spurgeon did put up some decent points. Who will lineup with Suter who knows.

Q1: I own Spurgeon. Should I trade for Brodin?

Q2: Also, do you think Josi or Jones will play with Weber?
    Dynasty 12-Keeper League 27-player roster.. Most points at end of season. Must drop 5 at end and then draft 5.

Rosters: 17 Fwd, 7 D, 3 G
    Player: G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG PPA SHA
    Goalie: W OTL SOL SO

FWD: Datsyuk, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Stepan, Saad, Lehtera, Spezza, Dubinsky, Franzen, Dupuis, Parenteau, Moulson, Chiasson, Soderberg, Eriksson, Hoffman, Kuznetsov

D: Karlsson, Giordano, Yandle, Edler, Josi, Schultz

G: Lehtonen, Anderson, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Icon

Going forward, I would rather have Brodin than Spurgeon. Mike Yeo has been quoted as saying he is looking into ways to get Brodin on the ice more often this year but he expects Suter and Brodin to play together to start the season. My guess is that the Wild d pairings look like this to start the season:

Suter - Brodin
    Scandella - Spurgeon
    Stoner - Ballard (with Blum or Prosser getting mixed into this pairing on occasion)

I would also guess that Brodin will replace Spurgeon on the first PP unti but that may not be the case to start the season. Even without playing on the first PP, I would expect Brodin to get close to 25 minutes per game.

I...am your father.

Yes, and Josi

And two years from now, you will be asking "Does Weber get to play with Jones? Who gets to play with Jones?"
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

If either of them get top PP time, their jobs will never be secure. I expect they will always be looking to replace them with a more reliable point shot.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

lol Most likely, thanks Dobber
    Dynasty 12-Keeper League 27-player roster.. Most points at end of season. Must drop 5 at end and then draft 5.

Rosters: 17 Fwd, 7 D, 3 G
    Player: G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG PPA SHA
    Goalie: W OTL SOL SO

FWD: Datsyuk, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Stepan, Saad, Lehtera, Spezza, Dubinsky, Franzen, Dupuis, Parenteau, Moulson, Chiasson, Soderberg, Eriksson, Hoffman, Kuznetsov

D: Karlsson, Giordano, Yandle, Edler, Josi, Schultz

G: Lehtonen, Anderson, Bobrovsky

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Yes, and Josi

And two years from now, you will be asking "Does Weber get to play with Jones? Who gets to play with Jones?"
    Are you exaggerating just a little there? In two years? That seems hard to believe...!