Thread: Trading Backstrom (WAS)

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Trading Backstrom (WAS)

I'm thinking of offering up a package that would have me trading away Backstrom (WAS).

The other manager is in rebuild mode and has a handful of good prospects and I'm in a bit of cap trouble.
    Any help on getting back good value would be greatly appreciated.

In youth he has:
    Yakupov
    Huberdeau
    Strome (who is Farm team eligible in our league, but who I don't particularly like)
    Kutznetzov (who is Farm team eligible in our league)
    Other decent players worth owning:
    Lucic (our league counts hits)
    Ryan O'Reilly
    Phil Kessel (doesn't really help me salary-wise)

I am a contender this year, so am I crazy to think of moving Backstrom?
    12 Team Dynasty H2H - 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G - 5 Bench, 4 FARM (>=25GP - full season eligibility) - Salary determined by previous stats
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIMS, HITS, GWG+SHOOTOUT, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Malkin (RW), Backstrom, Datsyuk,
    LW - Benn, Parise, Kunitz, Schenn (C), Matt Martin
    RW - Voracheck, Callahan, Alffie, Kassian
    D - OEL, Letang, Kronwall
    G - Lundqvist, Quick, Backstrom
    FARM - Toffoli, Bjugstad

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you are contending it's tough to trade Backstrom but in a cap league sometimes what has to be done has to be done. Yak,Strome,Hubs are going to be star players so depending on what exactly the offer is you are getting a solid return.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

While Yakupov and Huberdeau are solid prospects, unless you can get both I wouldn't move Backstrom. He's in a great spot on a revived offense in Washington and he's only 25 (just reaching his prime). He's one of the best set-up men in the game and he's playing with one of the best goal scorers. He'll be great short and long term. He's also showed that he can produce without Ovi as well and has the hands to put up 30 if his role changes.
    Yakupov is buried in Edmonton right now, has the Russian flight risk and inflated stats from garbage time goals(6 of 19 in the final 3 games) last season. He still needs to prove to me he can be the guy in Edmonton or he'll be taking back-seat numbers to Hall while he's in Edmonton. Huberdeau is in the same boat - his top end is what Backstrom already is and will be for the next decade. The other 2 youth just aren't proven enough to be in the conversation as primary pieces and his other "decent" pieces don't quite stack up either.
    Stay put and good luck in this season.

Dobber Sports Padawan

If he's rebuilding would be willing to give up Yak?!?!

I'd do the Yak for Backstrom deal. Yak will get more goals and GWG which will sort of even out the lower amount of assists, total points he'll have in the shorter term. I think it'd be a good move if the cap situation is a little tight.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray