Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Rocky Horror Roto Show 2013/14

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Rocky Horror Roto Show 2013/14

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I am doing my best to try in hit 160 if that is worth anything.
    160!
    Do it!
    Go for 164 if you can.

With 13cats & max14pt score (182 available max), 164 gives you a 90%+ rake.
    80% rake is the gold standard in roto leagues. 9/10 years, a 80% rake is probably enough to win a competitive league (not this year!).
    90% rake is god-like roto territory.

I'm going for a 136.5pt finish.
    That's exactly a 75% rake... The "Silver Standard" for roto achievement in a non-winning year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah well 164 while still possible with all the planets aligning is highly improbable - especially with Barry zooming by me in +/- - that point gets precious when reaching for the old 90%. Anyway, I have work to do to even sniff at 160 and that makes the final weeks interesting for me - still a little premature to pull out all the stops, though.

This is a great league and to be sitting where I am this year against a corp of excellent competitors is definitely encouraging me to have a shit eating grin.

The Wolverine

Standings as of March 26th:

1 A.Niityville Horrors 160
    2 Recchident Evil 146.5
    3 Pavelnormal Activity 127
    4 House of 1000 Corvos 120
    5 Phaneufenstein 101
    6 I Smid On Your Grave 98
    7 Skinner & Silent Bob 95
    8 Ogie Ogre-thorpe 89
    9 Dead & Fleuried 85
    10 Silence of the Stams 80
    11 Nightmare on Helm St 78.5
    12 Drag Me To Hellberg 67.5
    13 Nosferatuuka 61.5
    14 Army of Subbans 56

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Heh, just as I was debating the merits of trying to chase Pengwin down in PIM's - Phaneuf pulls 24 minutes at the buzzer. Decision made easy. I remember a similar occurrence back in 05/06 or 06/07 in a roto league where I had to decide which cat to chase - PIM was one of them and Doan took 29 minutes after the buzzer.

Dobber Sports Icon

Heh, just as I was debating the merits of trying to chase Pengwin down in PIM's - Phaneuf pulls 24 minutes at the buzzer. Decision made easy. I remember a similar occurrence back in 05/06 or 06/07 in a roto league where I had to decide which cat to chase - PIM was one of them and Doan took 29 minutes after the buzzer.
    Please do, the more points you take from him, the better chance I have at holding third.

1. A.Niityville Horrors 162
    2. Recchident Evil 149
    3. House of 1000 Corvos 126
    4. Pavelnormal Activity 125.5
    5. I Smid On Your Grave 102
    5. Phaneufenstein 102
    7. Skinner & Silent Bob 94.5
    8. Ogie Ogre-thorpe 8 92
    9. Dead & Fleuried 82.5
    10. Silence of the Stams 80
    11. Nightmare on Helm St 79
    12. Drag Me To Hellberg 67
    13. Nosferatuuka 62.5
    14. Army of Subbans 41

Just had a look at the chart view and I have to comment on this. This is the first time all season that Pengwin has fallen out of the Top 3. Seriously, from Day 1, he never fell below third until now. That is a pretty amazing run!!!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well Mike isn't easy to snatch points off at any time so don't hold you breath that I can catch him in PIM's. It's more just wishful thinking on my part.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I've been rolling with 3D for a while... I wanted to slow down my D pace so I could better evaluate what I need in BkS to beat temek/Recchident Evil for the lead.
    We have equal amounts of GP on D now... he's got me by 11 BLK right now - and if I really focus on that, with D playing big minutes, short-handed time, home statistical bias... stuff like that, I might be able to reel that back in.

I'm also stalking several teams in GAA.
    I'm at 2.64... and there are teams at 2.63, 2.62, 2.61, 2.58...

I'm 81 sv behind temek with 4 goalie games in hand.
    As long as my goalies don't get yanked, I should have a shot at reeling that in too.

And... just 6A behind the offensively-maxed out Army of Subbans.

I don't have a lot to be proud of statistically over the 2nd half of the season... but I DID re-focus my D on players on GOOD TEAMS... and I have since pulled my +/- from the -30 area to about +10.
    Still have an outside shot at catching one more team (Skinner & SB).
    Should have done this strategy from start of season.
    Effin Bufflin and his -20 hosed me.

As for Corvos:
    I have full faith that Smid (hf) will get his goalie GP max and catch Corvos in SV.
    Also, Corvos is on the top of a tight battle in SV%... and in a major battle for the King of GAA crown... though he could finish tops in W too... especially when I expect to see Chad Johnson get a few starts.

Not sure anybody noticed, but I actually "gifted" Reimer to Skinner & Silent Bob back on Jan 14th, hoping to pull down his GAA (Reimer sucks) & to help him get some more SV to catch other teams.
    Not sure if S&SB will get his max GP... but I give myself a pat-on-the-back for this "Help you... to help me" strategy.
    If S&SB catches a few competitors in SV and/or if I can catch S&SB in GAA, it'll be a "win" for a trade. Ditching Reimer also helped my own GAA.

It will be very interesting... but make no mistake... I'm intentionally trying to trail in GP a bit to re-evaluate cats.
    I'll take the temporary slide out of 3rd place so that I can make last-move strategy.

I'm very, very good at micro-managing a cat for a few extra points.
    I won horrorfan's Roto Baseball Pool by doing this last year.

Great finish for 3rd!!!
    ps. On the advice I just gave somebody else... I've just signed up Erik Gudbranson to help me protect my dwindling PIM lead.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well seems like Fantasy Hockey Geek predicted the winner but nearly 40 points difference in estimated score - not much else was very accurate in the predictions.

Don't think we will ever see another season where 1st place locks up over 89% of the available points and the 2nd place team comes in over 82% - this will go down as the outlier of all seasons.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It was a great season.
    If the league is contracted to 12 next year... competition should be a lot more fierce.
    I may have to tweak my strategies to try keep pace with the BIG DOGS!
    Congrats to Shoeless (1st: 162.5pts) and Temek (2nd: 150pts) on incredible, incredible seasons!!!
    Also big thanks to our wonderful commish, horrorfan, for putting together my favourite one-year league!
    P7

The Wolverine

Great season and congrats again, Rick. Amazing totals for you and Teemu. Mike, your score would have won last year - solid third place. I'm reasonably pleased with my fifth place finish considering my early draft failures/risks and early season struggles.

I will be cutting down to 12 teams next season. I'll be in touch over the offseason to discuss league issues (won't discuss them here).

Thanks all for playing!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Since year 1 I have always wondered if we set up two leagues one roto and one h2h using the same cats and only one draft to populate both leagues, hence starting wth identical teams in each league. Crazy idea huh.

The Wolverine

Since year 1 I have always wondered if we set up two leagues one roto and one h2h using the same cats and only one draft to populate both leagues, hence starting wth identical teams in each league. Crazy idea huh.
    Yep, crazy. Intriguing idea but I'm not interested as I'm pretty full right now and would rather focus solely on the roto for this league.