Thread: keeper help please...

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default keeper help please...

16 team HTH 4x LW,RW,C =12 + 6D, 3G, 3 Bench. G,A,+/-,sog, pim, shp, gwg, ppp. Keeping Crawford, Holtby & Emery plus E.Karlsson. Please rank which 6 fwds you think I should keep.

Nash, Sharp, Hossa, Tlusty, Landeskog, Tarasenko, Backes, O'Reilly, Brouwer.

Thx

Dobber Sports Pro

Nash, Sharp, Hossa, Landeskog, Tarasenko, Backes.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer27 View Post
    16 team HTH 4x LW,RW,C =12 + 6D, 3G, 3 Bench. G,A,+/-,sog, pim, shp, gwg, ppp. Keeping Crawford, Holtby & Emery plus E.Karlsson. Please rank which 6 fwds you think I should keep.

Thx
    I would keep Nash, Sharp, Hossa, Landeskog, Tarasenko, Backes

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    I would keep Nash, Sharp, Hossa, Landeskog, Tarasenko, Backes
    I agree +1
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I tend to agree with the above posters save I prefer Tlusty over Backes. Sure Backes gets PIMs but that you can find anywhere. His role in STL is becoming increasingly more that of a checker with more talented offensive options available. Tlusty on the otherhand is coming into his prime and has shown chemistry with Staal, and I'd much prefer Staal over Steen.
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by aleco83 View Post
    I tend to agree with the above posters save I prefer Tlusty over Backes. Sure Backes gets PIMs but that you can find anywhere. His role in STL is becoming increasingly more that of a checker with more talented offensive options available. Tlusty on the otherhand is coming into his prime and has shown chemistry with Staal, and I'd much prefer Staal over Steen.
    I agree with this
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Veteran

Nash,Hossa,Tarasenko,Landeskog are clear locks. IMO the last 2 spots come down to Sharp,ROR, and Backes. It's tough for me to pick 2 of the 3 but I would probably take Sharp and ROR.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default My 2 Cents

Thx
    Don't keep Emery. He looked good playing behind the best defense in the league in CHI, but he's got a terrible defensive corps in front of him in Philly. I'd stick with Crawford & Karlsson though. I'm almost positive you can draft a better #2G: I'd definitely take any of Lehtonen, Backstrom, or Markstrom over him and I'll bet at least one of those isn't currently a keeper.

Meanwhile, I think you have to keep Nash, Landeskog, Backes, O'Reilly and Hossa. My last pick is Sharp, because I think he's the only one of your remaining players who's got both decent upside and consistent peripherals. Especially SOG and +/-. If you can keep Brouwer, he's an absolute stud with your scoring cats. I would keep him over Emery if that's an option.
    Last edited by number54; September 4, 2013 at 3:26 PM.
    The League:
    11-teams, pts-only, no positional restrictions, top 12/20 count.
    1 in-season UFA (24+y/o), 3 round entry draft.
    Unlimited (24+y/o) off-season UFAs after the entry draft.

The Show:
    Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Eberle, Couture, Krejci, Subban, Simmonds, Hedman, Jokinen, Kesler, Barrie, Johansson

The Farm:
    MacKinnon, Toffoli, Bjugstad, Spooner, Zucker, Bjorkstrand, Jaskin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by number54 View Post
    Don't keep Emery. He looked good playing behind the best defense in the league in CHI, but he's got a terrible defensive corps in front of him in Philly. I'd stick with Crawford & Karlsson though. I'm almost positive you can draft a better #2G:
    I was going to dispute this more vehemently, but then I saw the league.

16 teams, 3goalies.

thats hella deep for goalies if everybody keeps 2 goalies, theres no way you're drafting good goalies and merits thought about keeping starting phillie goaltender.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

With your catagories my 6 would be

Nash
    Sharpe
    Backes
    Landeskog
    Brouwer
    Tarasenko

A case could be made for Tlusty or Hossa, IMO Hossa may out perform this year slightly, but having the above mentioned core together should outweigh that.

As for ROR or Tlusty, ROR is potentially moving to the wing, so that will require some adjustment, and Tlusty is entirely dependent on Staal and Semin. And I personally dont want to be in a position where I am relying on Semin in any way shape or form. Yes he has his flashes, but consistancy has alwyas been a concern.

Thats my two cents.
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Defense-Phaneuf, OEL, Rielly, Barrie, Stone, Murray, Beauchemin
    Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Farm- D. Strome, M. Marner, J Ortio

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Not Buyin' It

Quote Originally Posted by ntrspctv View Post
    I was going to dispute this more vehemently, but then I saw the league.

16 teams, 3goalies.

thats hella deep for goalies if everybody keeps 2 goalies, theres no way you're drafting good goalies and merits thought about keeping starting phillie goaltender.
    I wouldn't even consider it. My guess is that someone will need to drop a better goalie than Emery, who is at BEST a 2nd starter even with 16 teams, assuming he can keep a clear #1 status over Mason.

#1 starters: Lunqvist, Quick, Rinne, Rask, Howard, Crawford, Luongo, Niemi, Smith, Anderson, Price, Bobrovsky, Fleury, Halak, Backstrom, Ward, That's 16 guys I'd take ahead of Emery without flinching. On top of which, I have him behind Schneider, Hiller, Pavelec, Markstrom, Lehtonen, Dubnyk, Varlamov, and Bishop in terms of guaranteed starts. Finally, if everyone is keeping two goalies, nobody's going to go after Emery as a 3rd when guys like Hossa could be floating around instead, meaning Emery could be picked up late in the draft, whereas most other GMs will be gunning to pick a player like Hossa early.
    Last edited by number54; September 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM.
    The League:
    11-teams, pts-only, no positional restrictions, top 12/20 count.
    1 in-season UFA (24+y/o), 3 round entry draft.
    Unlimited (24+y/o) off-season UFAs after the entry draft.

The Show:
    Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Eberle, Couture, Krejci, Subban, Simmonds, Hedman, Jokinen, Kesler, Barrie, Johansson

The Farm:
    MacKinnon, Toffoli, Bjugstad, Spooner, Zucker, Bjorkstrand, Jaskin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Landeskog
    Hossa
    Sharp
    Nash
    Tarasenko
    O'Reilly
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray