Thread: Dubnyk for Hodgson and a 2nd

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dubnyk for Hodgson and a 2nd

See my sig below for the league cats and format.

Currently have Price and Holtby and Markstrom in the farm making Duby expendable. I don't want to sell low but I have to move or risk having to drop Duby next season or sell lower as Markstrom will likely need to be called up (31GP).

My keeper centres are very thin, Skinner and Pavelski. A mid second rounder normally nets a 50pt player or role player (i.e. Dorsett). I like Hodgson's breakout potential but I could pass and wait for the draft and sell to a goalie starved team or a team with an early injury. Also no guarantees that Markstrom sticks as Florida could get a 1 year rental.

Thanks in advance for your time and feedback.
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

The Great One

I would not hesitate to trade Dubnyk if the return is Hodgson and a 2nd round pick (especially knowing that 2nd round pick can net you someone that can score 50 points).

Only thing you might want to keep in mind is that Hodgson is currently unsigned, and that there might be some growing pains in Buffalo - especially if Vanek and Miller are traded.

But it seems like a good return.

And I think Florida will roll with Markstrom this year.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

thanks al, I tend to agree I just hate to sell low on a goalie I think is very undervalued.
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd wait to deal Dubnyk. Your goaltending situation isn't dire, so keeping him isn't necessary, but just for argument's sake, what if Dubnyk has an excellent start to the season? If the Oilers roll with him in net for the first few weeks or months, then his value increases, especially for a goalie-starved team.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thats definitely the flip side. He could also crap the bed and I'll be stuck trying to move dead weight. I don't think he will implode but other teams will be aware that I need to move him to make room for Markstrom.
    Skater cats:
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He'll be getting starts though and I think he'll get a bit better. Will probably drop a lot of the soft goals he's allowed in the past and his save percentage was actually not bad this past half-season. EDM's defense has improved as well with Ference and Petry-Schultz have another year of pro experience under their belt.
    I think Dubnyk has improved and would bet that if you hold onto him for a bit, you can get more than Hodgson and a 2nd-rounder.