Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Help

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trade Help

Been looking to move both Sedins from my team and I have team interested. He has a few pieces, but not sure enough to get it done? The one thing I want to have in return is a good LW to replace losing Daniel. I can lose a center (Henrik) without replacing him with another center due to the depth at that position. LW is something I really want in return. The best LW he has to offer is Huberdeau. So like I told him it's start, but we are still a ways off, so what else would you offer? He told me anything else on his roster except for Eric Staal and Skinner. I said OK, took a quick look and didn't really see a match, so I came here to see what you all thought? Do you see a potential deal will make sense for me to unload the Sedins?

My team, settings and keepers are in my sig below here are some notable players from his roster:

N Backstrom, J Huberdeau, E Staal (not available), J Skinner (not available), D Brassard, J Hansen, V Stalberg, B Dubinsky, T Zajac, RJ Umberger, D Stafford, S Salo, J Schwartz, S Baertschi, C Kreider

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd push for something like Backstrom + Baertschi or Schwartz. Doubt he'd include Huberdeau with Backstrom. A rebuild type trade would be for Huberdeau + Baertschi + Schwartz.

I...am your father.

Backstrom the forward? Get him for sure and do this deal without looking back
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Sedins for Backstrom+Hubsy should be doable and I would.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Backstrom the forward? Get him for sure and do this deal without looking back
    Yes Backstrom the forward, center from Washington. I was concerned about asking for him because if I recall he had injury issues last year and the Sedins are as durable as it comes.

I am very weary about getting Huberdeau, espeiclly for the guaranteed production that Sedins bring. I love Huberdeau as a player and think he is great, but the talent or lack of around him plus his +/- seems like I would be taking a hit. Granted in a keeper my size it makes sense down the road, but with my team also built to win now I was hoping for something safer I guess you could say.

Maybe I am over thinking it because a couple others agree with asking him for Huberdeau and Backstrom for the Sedins.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Like you said you're team is built to win now so you should probably just stand pat on the guaranteed production of the Sedins. If you're really keen on trading them away Backstrom and Huberdeau is a solid return.
    20 team H2H Fantrax Cap Dynasty
    2018/2018 Cap=90 mil
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FO%, HIT, BLK, TOI/G
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    3C/LW/RW, 6D, 2Sk, 2G

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Eichel
    L: Benn, Rakell, Coleman, Goldobin, Weal, B. McGinn
    R: Pavelski, Radulov, Panik, B. Tanev, D. Ryan
    D: Burns, Josi, Weber, Ellis, Manson, Forbort, Stecher, Weegar
    G: Talbot, Elliott
    Farm: Harkins, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Dickinson, Bjork, Motte, Foegele, Rychel, Kossila, Poturalski, Graves, Bear, Nielsen, Timmins, Ozhiganov, McKeown, Gillies, Boyle, Brossoit, Ellis, Rittich

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jmouland View Post
    Like you said you're team is built to win now so you should probably just stand pat on the guaranteed production of the Sedins. If you're really keen on trading them away Backstrom and Huberdeau is a solid return.
    It makes sense but losing that +/-, extra points could end up hurting me. I want to make a deal, but I am on the fence. Like I said about though I maybe over thinking it because most are saying go for it if he will do it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just added rep to those who helped. Thank you. Hoping to hear from a couple more on this one. I am really torn.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you can get Backstrom + Baertschi you will be making out huge. Backstrom is the best player in the deal and Baertschi is a stud left winger that finished last season with 9 pts in 7 games and he should be getting top line and top pp minutes this season. Try to go for Backstrom+Baertschi+Schwartz and if he talks you down to Backstrom+Baertschi jump on it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He is saying he will do Huberdeau and Backstrom for Daniel and Henrik Sedin.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd do that. You are getting the best player in the deal and getting much much younger

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thank you guys for all the help, but he just backed out on the deal. Looks like I am stuck with the Sedins still. Oh well. Thanks again and hopefully I am back on here soon asking about another potential deal involving the twins.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyez52 View Post
    He is saying he will do Huberdeau and Backstrom for Daniel and Henrik Sedin.
    When I opened this thread just now the first thing I thought was to get Backstrom along with Huberdeau. Then I thought maybe he wouldn't go for it. Well, not only have the Dobberites been vouching for Backstrom, but your trade partner is willing to do that trade as well.

I wouldn't worry about B's concussion two years ago. It was one moment in an otherwise healthy career and he has been solid since. I don't want too knock the Sedins too much but they are slowing down. This would be an awesome deal to take.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He just came back to me that he'd take the deal. What a roller coaster.

BTW hockeymanG23 it said I gave out too much rep in the past 24 hours, so I can't rep you. Sorry about that, but thank you very much for the help!
    Last edited by hawkeyez17; August 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good advice in this thread.
    Hubs & N.Backstrom is indeed a very nice return.

(I'll pass out some rep myself).