Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Your irrational prospect crush

The Great One

I could be wrong but I remember reading Peterson say I don't need to back check because I score goals (produce offense). Paraphrasing of course, but still an interesting tidbit.

Banned

I think he's actually fine backcheking now. It's just that he plays a perimeter game and doesn't go to the hard areas most of the time. It's night and day compared to a guy like Pageau. Hopefully this is the year where he listens and works hard

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    It's just that he plays a perimeter game and doesn't go to the hard areas most of the time.
    Sounds like Filatov to me...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Sounds like Filatov to me...
    Similar, but smaller and a bit more skilled in my opinion.

Interesting article on Andre just posted. Looks like he might finally get it.

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/we...ndre-petersson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Similar, but smaller and a bit more skilled in my opinion.

Interesting article on Andre just posted. Looks like he might finally get it.

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/we...ndre-petersson
    Ahhh September, when slackers talk of buckling down, doing some real work this year. No more late nights. No more skipping classes. Call Bell and cancel the internet! Put the Playstation in a box at he back of the closet! Yeah! This is the year baby!

I remember it well. Petersson's timing couldn't be more perfect.

That said, thanks for the article. I will definitely be watching him, just in case.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Angry

I've had several...

Patrik Stefan - I held him for 4 years... enjoyed the faceoff wins... but expected him to be the #1 center for Ilya kovalchuk for many years with Slava Kozlov... when things got dark in training camp I picked up Marc Savard off the free agents before he took the Stefan role...

Evgeny Grachev - seen him live a bunch of times in Jr, and even seeing him in the AHL he can dominate a shift, but never put it togather... I held him for 3 years before I let go...

Antti Niemi - I watched a few Finnish games and became familiar with him over seas as a fun goalie to watch... I drafted him with my last spot after Chicago signed him... my lg members told me I was nuts and were like who... I got into several arguments with the Crawford owner over who would make the NHL first and be the better goalie... Well I've been reaping benifits for 5+ years and won Part one of the argument and looking good on part 2... altho both are cup winners now lol...

Josh Harding - I expected him to be the next Martin Brodeur... he's posted good numbers... just not enough of them to effect my fantasy team... I held him for 6 years...

Mike Cammalleri - I jumped on him when he turned pro, and if anyone mentioned his name I ended trade talks... he has has been good for me... but not great, and I will continue to hold...

Mike Del Zotto - Went to a Jr game to see John Tavares and fell in love with Del Zotto instead, still holding him and will for a long time...

Tomas Plekanec - watched him play for Hamilton on the Score years ago when they did the odd AHL game and then a few pre-season games figured he would be a solid 2 way 2nd line center... never drempt he would flirt with 70 points or more almost yearly...

Marco Scandella - watching his awareness and puck moving for Team Canada made him a must have for me... I've held him 3 years now... still waiting for him to be the #1 defenseman for Minny... looks like i'll be in for a long wait, but will enjoy modest stats...

Andrei Vasilevski - I watch this guy every opportunity I get and feel he will be the next Hendrik Lundqvist... Its a extremely irrational high, but from what I see in his current skill and his growth, if he stays the course i'll be extremely satisfied...

Kevin Connauton - I have never acquired him, yet... but I love the sexy point shot he possesses...

Petr Mrazek - After watching him so excited in the Jrs and his great play I've fallen for him, but never been in a position to act on it...

Karel Pilar - fell for him many years as a leaf prospect expected him to be the 2nd best leaf defenseman behind Kaberle... never happened... held him for 2 years...

Branko Radivojevic - Loved him in my late teens in Jr and jumped on him soon as i could in fantasy hockey expecting a 60+ point 1st liner... Never got there... held him for 4 years...

David Aebisher - I expected him to be the rock after Roy for many years in Colorado... had to cut him lose after 4 years... it was painful...

Kari Lehtonen - during the previous lockout I pulled a deal in a 3 way trade to send away a few prospects like Jason King who we all thought would be huge to jump on the Finnish goalie... he was my best goalie for several years, I eventually dealt him in a mistake trade for Micheal Neuvith while I was in a hotel in Abbotsford BC... I had 2 days of flipping out before I came to terms with my mistake in Kelowna BC by irrationally feeling I might have gotten the better deal with having the Capitals future starter... I'm still holding Neuvith with hope...

M. E. Vlasic - I picked him up at the end of a prospect shopping session and tooted him around the lg because he made the NHL so young, projected him to be a 50 point defenseman... never got close... and I traded him for Marc Staal last year...

Bryan Little - Patrik Stefan thought pattern 2.0... Little has been more successful and i still wont move him... but still waiting for him to be an 80+ point center...

T.J. Hensick - watched him too much in the AHL and decided he was the next little-big thing... held him for 3 years before I cut ties....

Kevin Porter - when he started in Phx training camp outta NCAA they were flirting with using him as a blue liner on the Powerplay and I was hoping I was sniping a future versatile 60 point player and captain of Phx... and then the cow jumped over the moon... cost me 3 years...

Jack Skille - dobber made comments about him and I started following him very closely... was hoping he was gonna be a top line Chicago player... I watched as prospect after prospect passed him... he cost me 3 years...

I think that's covered almost all my 'crushes', for the most part my more sane talent picks have worked out much better than my heart... (John Carlson, Justin Williams, Corey Perry, T.J. Oshie, Derek Stepan, Semyon Varlamov, Mike Green, Artem Anisimov, David Desharnais, Victor Bartley have been much better selections even tho I wasn't too invested in those pickups, just selecting best player available or unknowns...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Superstar

Just stumbled on this, what a great thread!

For me, Filatov and EJ. I've gotten over Filatov. I finally cut bait on EJ last year, but I just know at some point EJ will turn the corner and become the most dominating Dman in the NHL!

Right now, it's Granlund. I'm convinced he will be the next Adam Oates, and lead the league in assists for years! Absolutely. Yes. Maybe!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf