Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Glee" TV show star dies - Cory Monteith

Dobber Sports Monster

Default "Glee" TV show star dies - Cory Monteith

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was never a fan of his on the show personally, but it's always very tragic when such a young talent who influences so many people dies before their time.

This show has an enormous and broad following... there will be lots of broken hearts tomorrow morning.

Banned

the amount of ****s I give about this actually results in a negative number

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    hahah I'm with ya, I don't watch the show but I know he's a huge star, so figured it was newsworthy to post.
    Last edited by Shake; July 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Very tragic, I was caught off guard seeing this on my homepage this morning.. I don't watch the show either, just know who he is.. He was actually on Master Chef a couple weeks ago..

I guess this is why we have the "lounge"..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

It says I have to spread my rep around before I can give you more
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I watch Glee, and I liked him and the character that he played on the show. A lot of people see Glee and think it's just a stupid show with dumb kids who sing and that only pussies watch it but a lot of kids in high school and teenagers who struggle through some of the similar issues relate to this show

Meh. Whatever.

I feel bad for Lea Michelle who has stuck with him all these years through his really public drug abuse problems.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I watch Glee, and I liked him and the character that he played on the show. A lot of people see Glee and think it's just a stupid show with dumb kids who sing and that only pussies watch it but a lot of kids in high school and teenagers who struggle through some of the similar issues relate to this show

Meh. Whatever.

I feel bad for Lea Michelle who has stuck with him all these years through his really public drug abuse problems.
    Yeah, I held the same preconceptions about the show until my ex literally forced me to watch an entire season with her and I was hooked. It's a very original type of show and the dialogue is sharp and funny. It looks childish on the surface, but the themes they tackle are very real and mature. The songs they cover span all generations and genres so it has very broad appeal to both young and old music lovers alike.

In addition to being Lea's partner, from what I understand Cory was the glue of the cast (kind of like the way he is in the show), so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with this adversity and pull off season 5.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Yeah, I held the same preconceptions about the show until my ex literally forced me to watch an entire season with her and I was hooked. It's a very original type of show and the dialogue is sharp and funny. It looks childish on the surface, but the themes they tackle are very real and mature. The songs they cover span all generations and genres so it has very broad appeal to both young and old music lovers alike.

In addition to being Lea's partner, from what I understand Cory was the glue of the cast (kind of like the way he is in the show), so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with this adversity and pull off season 5.
    Same type of thing for me as well. My wife watches this show every week and loves it. I'd be in the other room ( my home office) watching baseball or hockey etc, or my own tv shows and i'd walk by the tv in the living room where she is watching this show and there'd be a cool song on that they are singing, and I'd stop for a minute and kinda watch it for a second, then move on. Did this a few times, and then my wife would give me more info on certain things of the show and I started to watch it more and more. I am by no means a huge fan or anything, but I watch it with her sometimes and I appreciate what he show brings, its actually a very cool, funny well acted tv show.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

Meh. Whatever.

So tell me something boys... when you go out for some beers with the guys does your wife/girlfriend give you your balls back or do you have to ask pretty please first?

Seriously, the show is just ****ing terrible, there's no way else you can slice or dice it. Don't get me wrong, I get it, getting laid is awesome and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the woman happy but I promise you it need not go this far! My wife works a stressful job with ridiculous hours so when she gets home she often needs to unwind so craves the most vapid and empty trash TV possible...Glee, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, whatever. And I'd never deny her that, I totally get it. But I'd no more force her to watch the NHL draft coverage than she would force me to watch Glee. She has her shows, I have my shows and then we have shows we both like, if either of us wants to watch their own thing, the other person just goes in the other room to read or watch something else or play video games or whatever, it's a simple principle but one that works remarkably well if you give it a try.

Dobber Sports Master

S My wife works a stressful job with ridiculous hours so when she gets home she often needs to unwind so craves the most vapid and empty trash TV possible...Glee, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, whatever. And I'd never deny her that, I totally get it. But I'd no more force her to watch the NHL draft coverage than she would force me to watch Glee. She has her shows, I have my shows and then we have shows we both like, if either of us wants to watch their own thing, the other person just goes in the other room to read or watch something else or play video games or whatever, it's a simple principle but one that works remarkably well if you give it a try.
    Easy on the Vampire Diaries there mcgoo... Nina Dobrev gets that one a pass.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Easy on the Vampire Diaries there mcgoo... Nina Dobrev gets that one a pass.
    haha, but the show is TERRIBLE -lol
    if you just want hot chicks and the supernatural why not go for True Blood? That's at least watchable (or at least it was for the first couple seasons, we got bored with it)

Dobber Sports Ninja

So tell me something boys... when you go out for some beers with the guys does your wife/girlfriend give you your balls back or do you have to ask pretty please first?

Seriously, the show is just ****ing terrible, there's no way else you can slice or dice it. Don't get me wrong, I get it, getting laid is awesome and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the woman happy but I promise you it need not go this far! My wife works a stressful job with ridiculous hours so when she gets home she often needs to unwind so craves the most vapid and empty trash TV possible...Glee, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, whatever. And I'd never deny her that, I totally get it. But I'd no more force her to watch the NHL draft coverage than she would force me to watch Glee. She has her shows, I have my shows and then we have shows we both like, if either of us wants to watch their own thing, the other person just goes in the other room to read or watch something else or play video games or whatever, it's a simple principle but one that works remarkably well if you give it a try.
    I'm going to chalk this up to one of two things:
    1) different strokes for different folks; or
    2) you're just incredibly narrow minded

For your benefit I'm going to assume the former. I gave Glee a shot at first because of my ex... I like spending time with her, even if it means watching something I may not initially be interested in. I continued watching Glee (well after our relationship ended) because I found it refreshingly original, witty and entertaining. Nobody's holding a gun to my head forcing me to watch it.

Having said that, I'm not gonna to lie - I don't go around announcing it to my colleagues at work or my buddies due to the unfortunate reality that our society is full of shallow people who judge others for such silly reasons (case in point).

Dobber Sports Ninja

I also watch Glee of my own accord and I'm comfortable with the man that I am.

Like I said, meh, whatever. And that wasn't in response to the news of his death. That's in response to the responses in this thread.

Banned

I'm going to chalk this up to one of two things:
    1) different strokes for different folks; or
    2) you're just incredibly narrow minded

For your benefit I'm going to assume the former. I gave Glee a shot at first because of my ex... I like spending time with her, even if it means watching something I may not initially be interested in. I continued watching Glee (well after our relationship ended) because I found it refreshingly original, witty and entertaining. Nobody's holding a gun to my head forcing me to watch it.

Having said that, I'm not gonna to lie - I don't go around announcing it to my colleagues at work or my buddies due to the unfortunate reality that our society is full of shallow people who judge others for such silly reasons (case in point).
    Nope not narrow minded at all, I just happen to have a pe-nis so contrived high skool teeny bopper musicals just aren't my thing. But honestly if this is what passes for 'refreshingly original' or 'witty' in your world then you REALLY need to get cable and watch some HBO or Showtime...that recycled sacchrine sludge streaming from the Fox teat is rotting what remains of yoru brain. Different strokes for different folks? Absolutely! I'll give you an example, I watch my own crap on Fox...I watch Hell's Kitchen every week without fail and I love it. But I recognize that it's just a terrible ****ing show, it's contrived, it's staged, it's supposed to be reality TV but it's so far from reality that it boggles the mind. It's also become extremely predictible and formulaic after all these years, and while I like it less than I did before, I still watch it. It's fine to have guilty pleasures dude, but you gotta own them