Thread: Trade Fitzgerald for picks? It would allow me to keep Vereen.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Trade Fitzgerald for picks? It would allow me to keep Vereen.

Hi there,

I play in a 16 team 5 player keeper league (plus one redshirt < 50 pts scored for the season). Our league is pretty standard I guess with 0.5 pts per reception.

The last place team (1st overall pick in the draft) has offered me his 2nd (17th overall) and 3rd (33rd) + Juron Criner (meaningless redshirt) for Larry Fitzgerald and my 8th and 9th round. I already have a solid core of keepers (Newton, McCoy, Calvin Johnson, Harvin, and Fitzgerald was going to be my 5th keeper).

With New England releasing Hernandez though it seems Vereen becomes that much more intriguing. So if I traded away Fitzy I would keep Vereen in his place. What do you think? I'm usually pretty good at making my own decisions but I might be clouded by the hype this time.

Thanks!

C

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Chromosome View Post
    Hi there,

I play in a 16 team 5 player keeper league (plus one redshirt < 50 pts scored for the season). Our league is pretty standard I guess with 0.5 pts per reception.

The last place team (1st overall pick in the draft) has offered me his 2nd (17th overall) and 3rd (33rd) + Juron Criner (meaningless redshirt) for Larry Fitzgerald and my 8th and 9th round. I already have a solid core of keepers (Newton, McCoy, Calvin Johnson, Harvin, and Fitzgerald was going to be my 5th keeper).

With New England releasing Hernandez though it seems Vereen becomes that much more intriguing. So if I traded away Fitzy I would keep Vereen in his place. What do you think? I'm usually pretty good at making my own decisions but I might be clouded by the hype this time.

Thanks!

C

Keep Fitzgerald. He doesn't have high school qb's throwing him the ball this year. Vereen has the upside to flirt with low end rb2 status. But should make for a reasonable flex player most weeks. Fitzgerald is one of the better wr's in the league.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Keep Fitzgerald. He doesn't have high school qb's throwing him the ball this year. Vereen has the upside to flirt with low end rb2 status. But should make for a reasonable flex player most weeks. Fitzgerald is one of the better wr's in the league.
    Completely agree!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Vereen

I don't have a problem with trading away Fitzgerald in order to keep Vereen. Fitzgerald will be better than last year obviously but Vereen is going to be stellar this season. He'll be catching a ton of passes and is deadly in open space. The only question is his health so it becomes a bit of a high risk high reward gamble. But getting high second and third round picks you should be able to replace Fitzgerald's production.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chromosome View Post
    Hi there,

Thanks!

C
    Awful idea. Keep Fitz. He's going to rebound this year. Hell, even if he didn't rebound, no way you trade him for picks. ???
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Veteran

Make the trade. Vereen could be as productive as Fitz this season and you are getting the additional longterm value from the picks. You already have Megatron and WR is easier to fill than RB.

Dobber Sports Sage

So since the 80 top players are already gone as keepers, that 2nd and 3rd round draft pick will be for the 97th and 113th best players (maybe a little higher because of rookies).

With improved QB play, Fitz easily could be a top 5 WR this year. He had a huge number of targets last year and that is not going to change much. Plus, with Harvin out, Fitz is your #2 receiver.

I wouldn't touch that trade.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov