Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why John Tavares will be no Sidney Crosby

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Why John Tavares will be no Sidney Crosby

While playing like a grown up, he is still a kid. I think it is too early to say if he can reach the levels of the other players mentioned. Discipline can be learned, he better get a good trainer though.

Dobber Sports Sage

tavares = rick nash - speed
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Pro

angus wrote:
    Do we know Tavares is only after the money? He does seem like a lazy player, but I don\'t watch him that much, and maybe he is just bored with the competition.

Lots of baseless assumptions, but I guess that is what message boards are for, right?

It seems we already have a career path lined up for a 16/17 year old junior hockey player.
    All I can say after seeing him a few times is that he\'s bored. I think that\'s all anyone can say for now until they see how he reacts to the big leagues.
    Saying he\'s out for money is kind of ridiculous. His agent is. Tavares might enjoy a nice contract too, but who wouldn\'t? He wanted in this year\'s draft, supposedly so his development doesn\'t stall.
    I saw Matt Beleskey a month back with a...Ferrari? Porsche? Some fancy car from his contract signing(I think he was signed only recently but was given the signing bonus in advance or something). Does that mean he\'s only in it for the money? No.

It\'s a knock against him that he\'s not trying all that hard, but I think once he\'s surrounded by equally talented players, he\'ll pick his game up. No reason to be bored then. I mean, Tavares\' lazy passes are hitting the sticks of his teammates. He\'s still playing effectively, just not up to his true level.
    Though he did respond a bit badly to Belleville\'s onslaught.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin