Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (Help ASAP) Doughty for Edler and 4th overall pick this year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would take the deal only if I am sure that Edler stays in Vancouver. There are rumbling that he may be a trade chip. I am a Doughty owner and I don't believe their production will be that much different if Edler stays in Van.

Doughty is being so heavily depended on defensive assignments, I really doubted that he'll be a big point producer again in the near future. 45-50 points when he gets his defensive partner back, but he spend so much time and energy defensively, it's hard for him to get back to the 60 point level. He has everything to be that, but he's probably more valuable to the Kings as a top notch 2-way heavy minute guy.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with Pengwin's assessment. So I would keep Doughty since all things being equal, go with the younger keeper.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Flex View Post
    I agree with Pengwin's assessment. So I would keep Doughty since all things being equal, go with the younger keeper.
    yeah, that was my thought too when I said I wouldn't make that deal. To me, the prospects you are targetting with that 4th overall pick aren't all that great and, imo, probably won't even make your starting roster. I may be wrong about Barkov, Nichushkin, and Lindholm, but of the three, I only see Nichushkin with elite upside, and with the Russian-factor in play here, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to take him with the pick you already have at #5.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Legend

Thanks guys, right now I'm leaning towards passing on the deal. If I double up on those prospects I will need to protect them over established players after next season. I will probably keep Doughty and draft one of Lindholm, Barkov or Nichushkin, depending on where each of them end up. With my next pick at 17, I will target a D-Man like Pulock, Ristolainen, Vatanen, Morrissey or Nurse.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka