Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames

Administrator

Default Re: Calgary Flames

Brad Treliving hired as the new GM of the Flames. Held the post of assistant GM with the Coyotes.

Interestingly enough, for those who follow Dragon's Den, Brad is the son of Boston Pizza founder Jim Treliving.
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Peter Maher is retiring. The guy is a legend in broadcasting and I used to listen to radio games called by him all the time when I lived in Calgary, even as an Oiler fan. He will be missed.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Why are there only 7 pages on the Flames thread? I assume that it is because most Flames fans can't read?
    Haha. JK. Peace and Love.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by spoilers View Post
    Why are there only 7 pages on the Flames thread? I assume that it is because most Flames fans can't read?
    Haha. JK. Peace and Love.
    Lol.

I can't wait to see what the Flames do this Friday at draft. What do you guys think is going to happen or what are the rumours around Calgary? You think Burke really like Ritchie or is he just hyping him up?

I...am your father.

Are the Flames gonna sign a RW or what? They have about 50 left-shooting centers and 100 left wingers...but on the right side I have Hudler, Jones and McGrattan. Ugh

And Byron, I guess. Can Colborne shift to the right side?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't get it either. Are they going to hope for the emergence of Emile Pourier (or however you spell his name). Byron was signed, but he's still an AHL/NHL tweener, so not sure how they can view him as much of a real option. I poked around for a bit to try and dig up some information on what they might do and found crickets. It just seems like they are going to mix and match on the right side and see what happens.

Dobber Sports Icon

OK, Flames fans, what do you think of the Hiller deal? will he be the next Kipper and take this team somewhere, or will they continue to toil at bottom of the pack.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think it was actually a great deal for the Flames. He signs short term for reasonable money and he can handle the majority of the workload. It won't help CGY in their cause to land McDavid as Hiller is an upgrade on Ramo but if Calgary was serious about winning more this year, then this was a good signing. Calgary will still finish in the bottom 10 cause there isn't enough talent yet, but they should still finish higher than the Oilers regardless.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Are they going to hope for the emergence of Emile Pourier (or however you spell his name).
    I think it's spelled Emile Poirier.

Anyways, the Flames should get going on the RW. It would help the teams overall development having natural RWs.

ohhh! post #800! hehe
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I think it was actually a great deal for the Flames. He signs short term for reasonable money and he can handle the majority of the workload. It won't help CGY in their cause to land McDavid as Hiller is an upgrade on Ramo but if Calgary was serious about winning more this year, then this was a good signing. Calgary will still finish in the bottom 10 cause there isn't enough talent yet, but they should still finish higher than the Oilers regardless.
    If they beat the Oilers again ... ugh.

Dobber Sports Icon

i guess my question was more of a was this a good pick-up for CGY, more than a good DEAL (which it was). the question was answered anyway.

i wasn't too thrilled about it when it went down, but i am coming around. i see it as a Pavelec type thing: will see alot of shots = decent SV and SV%, but the wins might not be there. Maybe he can turn the flaming C around and get them into the middle of the pack
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Ninja

All of the marginal teams in the West are in for a rough time yet again. It sucks, but being average in the West is a death sentence. The Hiller signing is sort of odd, but maybe the Flames really think they can be competitive in the West this year. I don't see it, but maybe they will surprise me.

I...am your father.

I don't get it either. Are they going to hope for the emergence of Emile Pourier (or however you spell his name). Byron was signed, but he's still an AHL/NHL tweener, so not sure how they can view him as much of a real option. I poked around for a bit to try and dig up some information on what they might do and found crickets. It just seems like they are going to mix and match on the right side and see what happens.
    Poirier is out until December
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

All of the marginal teams in the West are in for a rough time yet again. It sucks, but being average in the West is a death sentence. The Hiller signing is sort of odd, but maybe the Flames really think they can be competitive in the West this year. I don't see it, but maybe they will surprise me.
    Maybe Hiller is just getting in early on what Bryz did last year? Sign somewhere as a stepping stone, wait for a competitive team to need a starting goalie then they ship him off. Beneficial for CGY as they pick up assets, beneficial for Hiller as he keeps playing. Short term (2 year contract) and relatively low cap hit (4.5M) makes him an easy enough player to move. Just a theory...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Poirier is out until December
    Well that makes things even worse. What a strange situation there.