Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Calgary Flames

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'd put a lot of money on it. I personally am.
    Yikes. You win.

I keep starting Markstrom vs Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Stud

I recently acquired Markstrom in a trade and payed more attention to Calgary's last few games.
    How much brutal can that offense get? Zero imagination, predictable and boring dump and chase, etc.
    They really made Gustavsson look good two games in a row.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    I recently acquired Markstrom in a trade and payed more attention to Calgary's last few games.
    How much brutal can that offense get? Zero imagination, predictable and boring dump and chase, etc.
    They really made Gustavsson look good two games in a row.
    That’s Daryl Sutter hockey man. Next thing you know they’ll be trading Gaudreau for someone who “plays the right way”. Sorry Flames fans.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not sure what the complaint is about "Sutter hockey." It's really quite simple. Finish checks, play hard and be responsible defensively. Obviously for a lazy bunch of clowns like the Flames, this is hard to understand, but if you have a team with players that actually try, it can work.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    That’s Daryl Sutter hockey man. Next thing you know they’ll be trading Gaudreau for someone who “plays the right way”. Sorry Flames fans.
    You really can’t put this on Sutter. This is no different than how they’ve been playing for the last year+. There have been minor tweaks since he’s taken over, but it’s a team issue, not a Sutter one (while also admitting it’s certainly not going to get better under Sutter)

Anyways. LMAO. Season is over. Should be trying to sell high on Tanev. I don’t think there is a single player that should be untouchable.

The Wolverine

I've lost count but is that 4 times they've lost to Ottawa?!

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont get it. They went out and got arguably one of the best goalies in the league. Tanev is actually a very good defensive Dman and the rest of their D corp is good. Sure they have some young pieces in there, but they are good young pieces. Their offense looks similar if not a step up with Mangiapane and Dube supposed to be taking a step forward. What went wrong with this team.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

They're sloppy, unprepared, don't show up a lot of nights, they play slow (whether they're actually slow or not is up for debate), and they're passive. They don't dictate games to other teams, they let other teams dictate how every game is going to go. Monahan is a black hole on the entire lineup and Gio has gotten very old very fast. Gaudreau has nobody to play with and their PP setup is moronic, so they can't even get any confidence. Tkachuk got a puck flipped at him by Muzzin and turned into a little baby, and if the "leadership" group actually did tell Tkachuk to "tone it down" everyone included in that group should just retire now. It's a country club because the leadership group wants it to be.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont get it. They went out and got arguably one of the best goalies in the league. Tanev is actually a very good defensive Dman and the rest of their D corp is good. Sure they have some young pieces in there, but they are good young pieces. Their offense looks similar if not a step up with Mangiapane and Dube supposed to be taking a step forward. What went wrong with this team.
    No. They went out and got arguably one of the most average goalies in the league with a career GAA of 2.81, SV% of .910, and a GSAA of -8.7. That was an improvement for them though. Based on how the team in front of him is playing, it isn't going to be good enough. He'd be looking ok if they didn't play exactly as rataylor describes.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

No. They went out and got arguably one of the most average goalies in the league with a career GAA of 2.81, SV% of .910, and a GSAA of -8.7. That was an improvement for them though. Based on how the team in front of him is playing, it isn't going to be good enough. He'd be looking ok if they didn't play exactly as rataylor describes.
    The Vancouver D the past few years wasn't as good as Calgary's is today and he showed he's a lot more than an "average goalie".
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Markstrom just got rundown it seems.

first 12 games:
    7-4-1, 0.925s%, 2.34GAA

games 13-24:
    5-6-1, 0.880s%, 3.37GAA

He was covering up a lot of holes on the team in that first 12 games.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

IDK where you're getting that number but he has a career GSAA of -20.8 per hockey reference. However his last 2 years in Vancouver he was +4.9 and +11.4, and I think I can pretty comfortably say that in Vancouver he was a better than average goalie.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    IDK where you're getting that number but he has a career GSAA of -20.8 per hockey reference. However his last 2 years in Vancouver he was +4.9 and +11.4, and I think I can pretty comfortably say that in Vancouver he was a better than average goalie.
    Am I missing something? My post say a GSAA of -8.7. All my data all came from frozen tools. If you look at Hockey Ref obviously that -20.8 is flawed. He never had a season worse than -14.9 yet his career average is -20.8? That makes no sense. Probably best to read through things before posting. Bottom line is Markstrom had two decent seasons in Vancouver - 2 decent out of 10 does not even remotely make him "arguably one of the best...". not even close. He's average.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Am I missing something? My post say a GSAA of -8.7. All my data all came from frozen tools. If you look at Hockey Ref obviously that -20.8 is flawed. He never had a season worse than -14.9 yet his career average is -20.8? That makes no sense. Probably best to read through things before posting. Bottom line is Markstrom had two decent seasons in Vancouver - 2 decent out of 10 does not even remotely make him "arguably one of the best...". not even close. He's average.
    It's hilarious that you want to talk about flawed process and then decide to use his career average, notably which doesn't even weight things by playing time. His -15 when he played 16 games in 2013 is weighted the same as his +11 in 43 games in 2019. His recent results (3 year average of +7) indicate he is decidedly an above average goalie. Even if you take his last seven (7!) he is +1.5, again decidedly above average. I couldn't imagine talking about flawed data while my own process was incorporating and equally weighting 8 year old data.