Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Calgary Flames

Jankowski- what’s the thought on him? What line will he play on?

Thanks
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

4th, he bad?

Weirdly effective at scoring short-handed, wildly ineffective at EV or in limited PP time. Good shot but doesn’t use it, big but doesn’t play big, not great at protecting the puck. Was easily their fourth worst center last year and arguably should have been a healthy scratch more regularly. Do not envision him ever being more than a mediocre third liner at best.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    4th, he bad?

Weirdly effective at scoring short-handed, wildly ineffective at EV or in limited PP time. Good shot but doesn’t use it, big but doesn’t play big, not great at protecting the puck. Was easily their fourth worst center last year and arguably should have been a healthy scratch more regularly. Do not envision him ever being more than a mediocre third liner at best.
    I cant say I followed his career closely, but wasn't he really successful in the AHL? I thought he would carve out a nice spot as their long term 3C.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Andrew Mangiapane - does he make the team this year? or is he just another bubble prospect?
    I think he makes the team. He played really well down the stretch last year and had great chemistry playing with Derek Ryan on the 4th line. I would pencil him there again for the upcoming season
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I cant say I followed his career closely, but wasn't he really successful in the AHL? I thought he would carve out a nice spot as their long term 3C.
    I know the Flames are shopping him. He was part of the package that was offered for Kadri that fell through. Right now he is penciled in as the 3rd line center but the Flames are looking at upgrading that position so it will be interesting to see if he is still with the Flames at the beginning of the season.

1 Week scoring period

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    G - Saros, Rittich

Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    I know the Flames are shopping him. He was part of the package that was offered for Kadri that fell through. Right now he is penciled in as the 3rd line center but the Flames are looking at upgrading that position so it will be interesting to see if he is still with the Flames at the beginning of the season.
    I wasn't aware they were trying to trade him. He seems like a good player with definite upside in the middle/bottom of their lineup.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Magnificent One

So yes I know preseason but took a look at the box scores for Monday’s game and found it interesting that it appears they played pretty much their full NHL squad in one of their split games.

Interesting name on the roster pelletier, with the regulars.

Again I know preseason but still interesting. Did anyone happen to catch the lines for the game?
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    So yes I know preseason but took a look at the box scores for Monday’s game and found it interesting that it appears they played pretty much their full NHL squad in one of their split games.

Interesting name on the roster pelletier, with the regulars.

Again I know preseason but still interesting. Did anyone happen to catch the lines for the game?
    Here was the Flames lineup for the home portion of the split squad:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
    Bennett-Backlund-Frolik
    Lucic-Ryan-Pelletier
    Rinaldo-Gawdin-Smith-Pelly

Giordano-Brodie
    Hanifin-Hamonic
    MacDonald-Hamilton

Rittich
    Talbot

1 Week scoring period

G - Saros, Rittich

The Magnificent One

Thanks. Would be interesting if he sticks with the team. I feel like he won’t but not a bad lineup so give him a try maybe

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It was just one game, but the general consensus on that one game is you can see what the Flames liked and why they drafted him where they did, but he obviously needs a year or more of development before he’s ready to move to the NHL

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It was just one game, but the general consensus on that one game is you can see what the Flames liked and why they drafted him where they did, but he obviously needs a year or more of development before he’s ready to move to the NHL
    I'll agree with this and add that while Tkachuk doesn't have a contract, there's a spot in the top 9 that they can just use Pelletier in as a filler because they know he's going back to Junior.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

What's the forum odds of Peters getting the boot? Gotta think it's at least 50/50? They must have been considering it even before the allegations came out yesterday.
    I think Peters is gone within 48 hours.
    Replaced by ? Oh boy. Tough one. Somebody like Bob Boughner, but I just read that he rejoined the Sharks as an assistant late last season. Somebody like him though.

Dobber Sports Veteran

They play Buf, Ott, Buf, & LA over the next week and a half and I'd guess he'll have those games at least to try to right the ship. If the Flames can't manage to win most of those then he may be the next coach out of a job.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    They play Buf, Ott, Buf, & LA over the next week and a half and I'd guess he'll have those games at least to try to right the ship. If the Flames can't manage to win most of those then he may be the next coach out of a job.
    If he gets through the Aliu allegation unscathed, I think he'll stay the season. But I don't think he gets through the Aliu allegation.

Dobber Sports Padawan

https://www.tsn.ca/akim-aliu-speaks-...ters-1.1403974

Teammates have corroborated what Aliu tweeted.

Peters is done. There's no way he can survive this.

Who will be Flames new coach, folks ?