Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Calgary Flames

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    How so? What should they have done?
    Something other than crippling indecision, anything. Decide whether you are going to try and make it, and shore up your goaltending (this should have been done immediately after Smith got hurt rather than wait) if you are, and try and add other another piece or two to shore up depth scoring which is desperately lacking, or dangle one of their too many overpriced dmen. If they decided they were likely not going to make it (especially in light of Smith injury), they should have been sellers and tried to replenish some picks/prospects. Instead, they sat on their hands and did nothing, and will pay for it with no playoffs and no picks/prospects gained. Completely wasted season. I'm not the only one that thinks so, Craig Button and other analysts were very critical of the Flames in their post-deadline analysis.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think the Hamonic deal was the decision that this team was going for it. The problem is that they haven't performed anywhere near like a contender. Treliving couldn't do a rebuild deal after moving all those picks, and I suppose there was no reasonable deal to add for the playoff run to be had. He was stuck because of past decisions. In a way I'm glad he didn't do anything as a bad deal is worse than staying as is.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think the Hamonic deal was the decision that this team was going for it. The problem is that they haven't performed anywhere near like a contender. Treliving couldn't do a rebuild deal after moving all those picks, and I suppose there was no reasonable deal to add for the playoff run to be had. He was stuck because of past decisions. In a way I'm glad he didn't do anything as a bad deal is worse than staying as is.
    He could have obtained a goalie for cheap when Smith went down, coulda snagged Mrazek for very little for example. Instead, they rely on 2 unproven and inconsistent rookies (and Lack) at the most critical time of the season. If trading for Harmonic (terrible trade) was signalling that they were going for it, then why not grab a goalie and give your team a chance? They just announced Smith isn't going on the road trip, so that' another week without a legitimate starter.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

At the time I felt as though the Flames stole Hamonic from rhe Islanders.. I am definitely second guessing that now..

I'm really not sure what the Flames should have done differently at the deadline without trading roster players or more of their future away..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I honestly think its 1000% coaching.. not just GG, dave cameron is terrible. I never understood why he was hired in the first place. He accomplished nothing in Dallas and now with the flames. I think he's lost the room, but to Shift Disturbers point... his love relationship with brouwer boggles my mind. I cant stand the coach. As for Hamonic I am not ready to sell him off yet. Hamilton was almost similar in his first year than he came around. #firegulutzan
    8 Team H2h Cat: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Wins, SV%, SHO

Forwards: Couturier, Kopitar, B. Tanev, Debrincat, Wheeler, Puljujarvi, Seguin, Matthews, M. Tkachuk, Bennett, Marchand, Bergeron,

Defence: Chiarot, Nurse, Carlson, Fowler, Josi, DeAgngelo, Ferraro

Goalies: Shesterkin, Bobrovsky

I want Brian Burke behind the bench.. I want more interviews!!

Ya I'm not a brouwer fan either!!

Ohhhhh my, the Flames are almost out of the picture in the Western conference playoff race.. They pretty much have to win out to make the playoffs..

Can you say "coaching change" if they miss out??

Dobber Sports Pro

Maybe a GM change for dealing an unprotected lottery pick for Hamonic.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree 100% I never liked the hiring and i don't see how he stays but I am curious to know which coach would you hire or think fits best with this group?

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    As bad as that move turned out to be, I criticize him more for the Gulutzan hiring. This team has clearly underachieved considering their roster.
    And the most telling statistic for me is their poor home record - good coaches take advantage of last change and Gulutzan continually seems outmatched in this area.
    I want to see what this roster can do with a proven coach.
    8 Team H2h Cat: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Wins, SV%, SHO

Forwards: Couturier, Kopitar, B. Tanev, Debrincat, Wheeler, Puljujarvi, Seguin, Matthews, M. Tkachuk, Bennett, Marchand, Bergeron,

Defence: Chiarot, Nurse, Carlson, Fowler, Josi, DeAgngelo, Ferraro

Goalies: Shesterkin, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by mike hall View Post
    I agree 100% I never liked the hiring and i don't see how he stays but I am curious to know which coach would you hire or think fits best with this group?
    As a Flames fan, I want Quenville or Trotz!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Quote Originally Posted by mike hall View Post
    Iron Mike!!

Dobber Sports Master

Is it just me, or could this be the roster with the most flux in its forward lines this season? I see many players who could easily move up and down from line 1 to 3. Lots of moving parts.. I don't know that another roster is like that, except the Habs but they have 4 checking lines basically.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    As a Flames fan, I want Quenville or Trotz!
    How you liking Bill Peters?

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Is it just me, or could this be the roster with the most flux in its forward lines this season? I see many players who could easily move up and down from line 1 to 3. Lots of moving parts.. I don't know that another roster is like that, except the Habs but they have 4 checking lines basically.
    With a new head coach, I could see the lines being set with a blender from the beginning of camp. Should be interesting to see how everyone gets along.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    the Islanders as well .. they have the 3 best checking lines in hockey
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

[QUOTE=The Comish;1904642]How you liking Bill Peters?

I'm keeping an open mind. No playoffs in 4 years with the Canes worries me a little but I'd like to believe we in Calgary have a better team for him to work with. Although, it seems like we are bringing everyone over a little bit at a time so.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov