Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Calgary Flames

You were correct sir.

Dobber Sports Master

The only thing I wondered is: why now? Is it the losing streak? It’s been years since this. Why didn’t this come out way sooner? As it should have, if true. Is Babcock getting fired really the catalyst for this to come out? It’s so unrelated... I wish stuff like this didn’t linger and came out asap or at least the minute Aliu was done playing and had nothing to lose.

I also don’t think Peters should be fired for this. He should be punished and should do some training but he worked for another employer at the time, the context has changed. The losing definitely doesn’t help him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Flames sign a couple of college defencemen. Some decent upside it seems. https://calgarysun.com/sports/hockey...ent-defencemen

Dobber Sports Pro

Happy to see the Flames draw Dallas in the first round. They match up well against the Stars and have a good chance of advancing.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Happy to see the Flames draw Dallas in the first round. They match up well against the Stars and have a good chance of advancing.
    Dallas is the only team that I would have picked the Flames against of the four round robin teams. Just means they survive an extra round before getting ousted though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not too sure about next round. Enough kids to confuse coaches as to which line to smother. Going for the Mangiapane miracle.
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Pro

Well if they weren't considered to be prior to this year, I think the Flames are now a well-established mushy-middle franchise. Good enough to squeak into the playoffs but clearly not good enough to compete with the real contenders. Add to this that they're a cap team with a mediocre crop of prospects and it adds up to a meh future for Flames fans.

I think they need a clear no.1 centre to play with Tkachuk and enable Gaudreau and Monahan to be true second liners. They need a real no.1 or 1A goalie as this tandem was as mediocre as the rest of the team. Unfortunately these holes will not be filled soon as their budget gives them limited options on the free agent market and there is nothing on the farm that can help in these spots. I like the idea of moving Hanifan for Nylander and perhaps if he could play centre on the Tkachuk line that would be sufficient to give Gaudrahan more sheltered minutes. Otherwise...sigh.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Well if they weren't considered to be prior to this year, I think the Flames are now a well-established mushy-middle franchise. Good enough to squeak into the playoffs but clearly not good enough to compete with the real contenders. Add to this that they're a cap team with a mediocre crop of prospects and it adds up to a meh future for Flames fans.

I think they need a clear no.1 centre to play with Tkachuk and enable Gaudreau and Monahan to be true second liners. They need a real no.1 or 1A goalie as this tandem was as mediocre as the rest of the team. Unfortunately these holes will not be filled soon as their budget gives them limited options on the free agent market and there is nothing on the farm that can help in these spots. I like the idea of moving Hanifan for Nylander and perhaps if he could play centre on the Tkachuk line that would be sufficient to give Gaudrahan more sheltered minutes. Otherwise...sigh.
    I like that trade on the surface, but how deep is the D with Hanifin gone and a soon to be 37 year old Giordano? If one or two of the young D are able to step up and Giordano doesn't show his age too much, then that deal would be pretty good for both sides.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think it's still pretty deep. Kylington, Valimaki, Yelesin, in addition to some of those already in place, show there is some depth.

Though I guess that is assuming some kind of retention of their UFAs including Brodie, Gustafsson, Stone, etc.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

I think they resign Brodie and Stone (sigh). Hamonic and Gus are gone. They have sufficient depth on the left side to move Hanifin, but he would be missed. Under rated puck mover due to lofty expectations when he broke into the league, I think.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Probably a stupid theory on my part, but could anyone see Calgary offering up Lucic and a 1st to Arizona? Not sure what the Yotes look like cap-wise, but with the recent penalty put on them, and Hall supposedly wanting out, you think they'd take on another bad contract to try and recoup a good draft pick? Does this make sense for Calgary to look at such a move?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    Probably a stupid theory on my part, but could anyone see Calgary offering up Lucic and a 1st to Arizona? Not sure what the Yotes look like cap-wise, but with the recent penalty put on them, and Hall supposedly wanting out, you think they'd take on another bad contract to try and recoup a good draft pick? Does this make sense for Calgary to look at such a move?
    I dont know where Arizona is going to get the cap space to try and re-sign Hall, let alone take on a stinker of a deal like Lucic's.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont know where Arizona is going to get the cap space to try and re-sign Hall, let alone take on a stinker of a deal like Lucic's.
    I was maybe going off an assumption that there may be some guys dealt away, that maybe want out, thus clearing space for possibly taking on bad contracts for good picks.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

They have no space right now. Soderberg, Hall and Richardson are UFAs whose total hit was $9 mil. Hinostroza, Lyubsuhkin, and Fischer are RFAs totaling about $3 mil. They have $4.5 mil each going to Kuemper and Raanta for next year. I'd expect them to try and trade Raanta. They are not in great shape from a cap standpoint.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

While we have tha Flames thread going today, what do Flames fans think of Glenn Gawdin's odds to make the team at some point next season?