Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Parise or Stepan

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Exactly, this is fantasy hockey, so why then do you have a need to do internet surveillance of your GMs? It's completely absurd. Do you log email conversations as well, just in case?
    Dont need to do surveillance and such, but if someone gets caught doing this then they suffer the consequences. Its a crappy move. If you want that kind of GM in your league by all means send them a message.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Ummmm, no? I'm just allergic to generally random shit on the internet, especially completely unmotivated censorship. It's the censorship that rubs me the wrong way. People can trick each other all they want. I've asked for advice here plenty of times over the years, but then I always apply this thing called critical thinking after I get the advice. But no, never been fooled.

I am happy to hear you apply critical thinking after you get advice. I am proud of you.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Brunner's 10 PPP vs. Cullen's 4 PPP is the greatest factor giving Brunner more Yahoo Rank value.

The lower the total count of a statistic... the greater the weighting of a single count in that statistic.

I actually figured out the EXACT amount that Yahoo attributes to each stat this year for their Rank. Here it is:

Goals: 1.55455 points per goal.
    Assists: 1.21092 points per assist.
    +/-: 1 point for each plus. (or -1 for each negative)
    PIM: 0.35873 points per penalty minute
    PPP: 1.61476 points per power play point
    SOG: 0.2760 points per shot on goal

You can total skaters total points for this year's statistics with those values and sort them.
    You will get the EXACT same ordered rank as Yahoo's "rank".

With that info, you could do predictions for two players in this 6-category format and determine which player has more total "value".

More random info.
    Last year in the NHL

2525 total PPP
    3821 total goals
    6567 total assists
    16340 total PIM
    41964 total SOG

PPP = more important stat to stockpile in fantasy hockey.
    You'll hear me say this 100 times next September during one-year drafts in multi-cat. My new #1 most-important tip in deep fantasy leagues. Draft PPP first.
    Totally agree but the difference between Brunner and Cullen's PPP is that Cullen has 0 PPG and Brunner has 3. I'd be willing to bet that at least 2 of his 7 PPA come from a rebound. My point was that Brunner shoots alot, thus increasing his scoring chances (even and PP).

Nonetheless your analysis is awesome and I can't argue with it!
    Last edited by Bass56; May 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay