Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Parise or Stepan

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    excuse me

where exactly is my post that shows love of stepan and despising of parise

you shouldnt cast these kind of accusations at people this doesnt move the conversation one single bit

i already said stepan is probably only a 60-65 point player going forward and that parise is a 65-70 point forward

hardly love and hate there

and likewise we have already seen the career seasons out of parise

2 seasons out of 8 several years ago does not make him a point per game player going forward

parise is a 65-70 point player look at the stats they dont lie

just like this past season was an outlier for stepan and it was he will never do that again those ppg game seasons were outliers for parise he will never do them again

people have this love of parise which is beyond all reason in here

he is what he is and that is a 65-70 point player
    Sorry man, the Rangers fan dig was a joke. Sorry for not making it more clear but I didn't think I had to...

I agree with you that Parise is on average a 65-70 point player going forward. Scoring is down compared to 3-4 years ago and 65-70 point guys are the new 75-80 point guys. But Stepan is not a 65-70 point player in my opinion. Could be wrong, as we all could be, but I think this year will prove to be an aberration for him in terms of points per game and I expect him to settle in as a 50-60 point player (which is very good, but not at a Parise level).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    6 of 8 seasons with a minimum of a 62 point pace (and the 2 other seasons being his rookie season and a 13 game injuired campaign) sure sounds like a floor to me. If it's not, then I don't know what is.
    the 6 of 8 are the seasons that arent the anomalies they are the ones with the 65-70 point pace

The two seasons where he posted 82 and 94 points is the upside.
    they are the anomalies just like this past season for stepan

Stepan isn't there and I can't see him reaching more than 75 points.
    never once said he would again i said he is a 60-65 point player

just like parise is a 65-70 point player

they are what they are anomalies aside

There's a chance I'm wrong. I own the guy, so I like him and hold hope he does exceed my expectations, but I don't think he will. But that's why we play the game. If you think otherwise, agree to disagree.
    again i dont have these big expectations for stepan in the least

but anomalous seasons have to be treated exactly the same for both players here

they are called outliers for a reason

if you want to throw out the 2 worst seasons of parise you have to throw out the 2 best as well leaving you with a 65-70 point player

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Sorry man, the Rangers fan dig was a joke. Sorry for not making it more clear but I didn't think I had to...

I agree with you that Parise is on average a 65-70 point player going forward. Scoring is down compared to 3-4 years ago and 65-70 point guys are the new 75-80 point guys. But Stepan is not a 65-70 point player in my opinion. Could be wrong, as we all could be, but I think this year will prove to be an aberration for him in terms of points per game and I expect him to settle in as a 50-60 point player (which is very good, but not at a Parise level).
    i never said that stepan is a 65-70 point player i said he is a 60-65 point player going forward you quoted my post where i said 60-65 so i am not sure why you are saying 65-70

as for settling in 50-60 he put up 51 points in his 2nd season so i see him settling in a little higher than that

again i see him as a 60-65 point player thats not a homer observation for a guy who put up 51 in his second year as a #2 who is going to go forward as a #1 60-65 isnt a big expectation in the least

again i have said all along this past season was not going to happen again for stepan exactly like parises career years are not going to happen again for him

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post

EDIT: add JayIKing to the list...
    Dont drag me into this...

I would take the Parise side.. not pushing stepan

but i dont think its a wash either way

If stepan can show this wasnt a one and done type season then im on board.. but still has something to prove to me..

Dobber Sports Giant

Just figured I would add this

I take back what I said about staj18 being out of this...

EDIT: Why would a ''new member'' go visit the page of a ''random'' poster? Also, I find it to be a nice coincidence that the user is viewing ''his'' multiple accounts while logged on to his multiple accounts...
    Sadly, I can't validate the info for GK or FG since other users have viewed those pages since.

Ok Ok, I think I got a case of the crazies going on here. I take it all back, it is just a coincidence!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bass56; May 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Just figured I would add this

I take back what I said about staj18 being out of this...

EDIT: Why would a ''new member'' go visit the page of a ''random'' poster? Also, I find it to be a nice coincidence that the user is viewing ''his'' multiple accounts while logged on to his multiple accounts...
    Sadly, I can't validate the info for GK or FG since other users have viewed those pages since.

Ok Ok, I think I got a case of the crazies going on here. I take it all back, it is just a coincidence!
    I would rep you for this, but it says I have to spread it around some first
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Initiate

To quote Mr Lahey from the Trailer Park Boys.

Birds of a shitfeather flock together, Randy.

Kind of wraps it all up for me.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Novice

LOL. This is truly hilarious. Think what you guys want, but I'm just here trying to help some people using my hockey knowledge.

And, thats about all I have to say. I feel no need to justify myself anymore. Accuse all you want, but I am just worried about utilizing my hockey IQ to help some people out.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    To quote Mr Lahey from the Trailer Park Boys.

Birds of a shitfeather flock together, Randy.

Kind of wraps it all up for me.
    Awesome quote! hahaha

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    i never said that stepan is a 65-70 point player i said he is a 60-65 point player going forward you quoted my post where i said 60-65 so i am not sure why you are saying 65-70

as for settling in 50-60 he put up 51 points in his 2nd season so i see him settling in a little higher than that

again i see him as a 60-65 point player thats not a homer observation for a guy who put up 51 in his second year as a #2 who is going to go forward as a #1 60-65 isnt a big expectation in the least

again i have said all along this past season was not going to happen again for stepan exactly like parises career years are not going to happen again for him
    Nor did I assert that you said Stepan is a 65-70 point player. I was giving my own reasons for choosing Parise (i.e. he can be counted on for more points than Stepan and isn't even in his 30's yet). Again, sorry for not putting a sarcasm icon beside the whole Rangers fan thing, it seems that you think I've been attacking you when I haven't been at all.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Nor did I assert that you said Stepan is a 65-70 point player. I was giving my own reasons for choosing Parise (i.e. he can be counted on for more points than Stepan and isn't even in his 30's yet). Again, sorry for not putting a sarcasm icon beside the whole Rangers fan thing, it seems that you think I've been attacking you when I haven't been at all.
    ok i thought you saying that stepan wasnt a 65-70 player was a rebuttal since you were quoting me i was just pointing out i never said it

i agree parise likely outpoints stepan by about 5 or so points for the next few seasons

i was going off of the post talking about FOWs i didnt read the SOGs in the sig because if figured the pertinent cats would have been posted in the post

so while my advice about the trade likely changes given the addition of the SOGs

based on points and FOWs i certainly wouldnt change my advice 5 points is much easier to get than those FOWs

these players are much closer than people try to make them out to be

people continue to try to treat parise like he is somehow a 90 point player

he is a 90 point player like cheechoo is a 50 goal scorer

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Crazy thread.
    I'm attending to the OP and nothing else.

If there are "forward positions" (C,LW,RW), I'd say the Parise side is the better side, especially since LW could be very, very thin next year.

If there are not "forward positions", just forwards, it's close. Very close.
    The FOW that Stepan gives are significant. That's 1/9 categories.

So, if Parise is a 7/10 star player (70pt player) across all categories, except FOW.
    And, if Stepan is a 6/10 star player (60pt player) across all categories, except FOW.
    Well... the extra category for Stepan (1/9 categories = 11%), gives Stepan an extra "star" out of 10.
    That essentially ties them up.

So... it's very, very close.

I dislike leagues that count FOW and just have "forwards only"... but it is important to understand how fantasy value works in those leagues. FOW is a very dependable statistic.

If NYR happens to amnesty Brad Richards (you never know), then the Stepan-side is probably the winner here.
    Even with B-Rich as C1 in NYR and Stepan as C2... this is a very close trade.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Just wanted to update the concerned users.. GeorgeKarman and his Assistant GM (either FantasyGod or MylesJulien) had their way and the trade of Stepan, 5th round pick for Parise, Christian Thomas went through.

Our League Office is considering the next steps to take with people trying to influence other GMs decisions on trades they are involved in. People can ask for advice and chat hockey, but "spying" on them and telling them what you want them to hear is going to far. We all ask for advice and give advice in our leagues and on forums, but you dont ask for advice on a trade with the guy you are trading with.

I just want to thank those who spoke up.

(this is not the first GM who has been influenced on an outside forum, which is why some of our LO is checking forums to make sure this isnt happening)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

We all ask for advice and give advice in our leagues and on forums, but you dont ask for advice on a trade with the guy you are trading with.

I just want to thank those who spoke up.

(this is not the first GM who has been influenced on an outside forum, which is why some of our LO is checking forums to make sure this isnt happening)
    Not sure if you're making the point you want to make here.

Are GMs not allowed to discuss their trades and seek advice on other forums? Or do you mean that you can't use a fake persona on another site to influence other GMs in your league?

Either way, it's kinda sorta sounds like censorship. Whenever you post on a public forum, you take a risk of getting bad advice, regardless of if it's based on malice/trickery or just ignorance. That should be on the person asking for advice, to evaluate the advice properly.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Not sure if you're making the point you want to make here.

Are GMs not allowed to discuss their trades and seek advice on other forums? Or do you mean that you can't use a fake persona on another site to influence other GMs in your league?

Either way, it's kinda sorta sounds like censorship. Whenever you post on a public forum, you take a risk of getting bad advice, regardless of if it's based on malice/trickery or just ignorance. That should be on the person asking for advice, to evaluate the advice properly.
    I said "We all ask for advice and give advice in our leagues and on forums..."
    Also said "... , but you dont ask for advice on a trade with the guy you are trading with."

We are not saying you cant ask for advice on other forums. Not saying that at all, we are saying that when you ask for advice you dont ask the guy you are dealing with, they likely are biased. So when you come to a place like dobberhockey.com you are looking for unbiased advice. But then you get guys creating accounts and giving advice on their own deals that sways the other GM into making a deal.

While there is a risk that people can do that, its not something we welcome in our league. If you are in a cash league and someone does that to you its gonna tick you off, because you have something at stake.

It is something the league frowns on, so you can call it censorship, or you can call it maintaining integrity
    Last edited by JayIKing; May 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM.