Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Canada's Goalie at the Olympics?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    As shitty as Miller has been... I think you've gotta give him serious contention after he carried the US on his back in the last tourney.

Having said that I'd take Quick without a doubt... but both these guys seem to be able to elevate their games to unreal levels the bigger the stage.
    It's Quick's job to lose fore sure. Assuming everyone is healthy, after that it's a battle between Miller and Anderson for the back-up job.

If one of the above three are injured, then it's a battle between Howard and Schneider for a roster spot.

Dobber Sports Sage

Lou is number 1 at this point I would think followed closely by Price.. As others have mention the 3rd spot is wide open but I would think Ward is the favorite at this point. If Reimer makes the team I will shoot myself.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Lou is number 1 at this point I would think followed closely by Price.. As others have mention the 3rd spot is wide open but I would think Ward is the favorite at this point. If Reimer makes the team I will shoot myself.
    Bizarre isn't it. The American's 4th goalie on their depth chart starts on an NHL team where Canada's #1 is the back-up.

I have it as

US:

Quick
    Miller
    Anderson

Canada:

Price
    Luongo
    Ward

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Bizarre isn't it. The American's 4th goalie on their depth chart starts on an NHL team where Canada's #1 is the back-up.

I have it as

US:

Quick
    Miller
    Anderson

Canada:

Price
    Luongo
    Ward
    Hey that's what I do make brazen statement . Luongo will not be a backup next year. He will be a starter as he should have been this year imo and he will clearly outperform Price who has yet to prove anything in big games. Lou has made it to a game 7 and won a gold. Despite the I'm sorry to say Moronic statements by some that he had nothing to do with them winning the gold his numbers were the best in the tourny. He may have looked a little shaky from time to time but bottom line he kept the puck out and made the saves when he had too. He is my starter at least.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I still feel Brodeur makes this team.. Not as the starter, but I do think he will be one of the 3 goalies named to the team as some added leadership.. Luongo, Price, and Brodeur..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I still feel Brodeur makes this team.. Not as the starter, but I do think he will be one of the 3 goalies named to the team as some added leadership.. Luongo, Price, and Brodeur..
    I don't see this as a bad idea at all. The third starter doesn't actually mean anything and it would be a nice gesture towards one of the best goalies of all time.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I don't see this as a bad idea at all. The third starter doesn't actually mean anything and it would be a nice gesture towards one of the best goalies of all time.
    Very good point.. and if your looking to your 3rd goalie, you may be up shit creek and it would be nice to have the guy with the experience and confidence to hold down the fort!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sage

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Very good point.. and if your looking to your 3rd goalie, you may be up shit creek and it would be nice to have the guy with the experience and confidence to hold down the fort!
    Don't know why it double posted Sorry! Ya if it does come down to a third goalie whick is very unlikely I would feel more comfortable with Marty over my original 3rd choice regardless of his age. In a 1 or two game situation I think experience would trump anything else.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Stud

In addition to the names mentioned, I'd like to throw in a Dark Horse for third string: Steve Mason.

I know I'll get derided for that, but I think it's a real possibility depending on good play with the Flyers
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think its clear that it's Price and Luongo with the 3rd spot wide open. Price was by far the best Canadian this year and Luongo is coming off the last gold medal. Just like most championship tournaments I'd expect they each get a shot during round robin and the one who plays the best gets the start when the playoffs roll around.

The 3rd spot is wide open with a ton of possibilites: Ward, Smith, Dubnyk, Crawford, MA Fleury, Brodeur. If it was my team to pick I'd probably grab a younger guy knowing the odds he sees the ice are almost nil so my inclination would be Dubnyk or Crawford.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

Agreed. If Brodeur wants to be there, which I suspect he does, you make a spot for him. Period. Even if he doesn't see a minute of ice time, his presence on the bench is huge. If you only had 2 spots for goalies it would be different. With 3 spots, 1 is his, without question.

Rylant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Agreed. If Brodeur wants to be there, which I suspect he does, you make a spot for him. Period. Even if he doesn't see a minute of ice time, his presence on the bench is huge. If you only had 2 spots for goalies it would be different. With 3 spots, 1 is his, without question.

Rylant
    Considering how well he handles the puck he could be a black ace dman.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Considering how well he handles the puck he could be a black ace dman.
    I could see him playing along side Doughty.. HAHA..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Gonna have to strongly disagree with you guys on that one. I respect the hell out of Brodeur like anyone else, but that would be a ridiculous waste of a goalie slot. This is the Olympics... not the legends charity tournament.

In addition to sending it's 2 best, Canada should (and probably will) send a younger guy who will likely be a starter in 2018. The experience gained from being there and practicing with the team is invaluable... no sense wasting that opportunity on old man Marty.