Banned

Default Two game suspension for Gryba

weird, I didn't see that coming

oh wait, this is the NHL, none of their decisions are based on reality

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    weird, I didn't see that coming

oh wait, this is the NHL, none of their decisions are based on reality
    Couldn't agree more. Frankly I thought Ference's elbow looked more intentionally dangerous and outside of the bounds of NHL respect and conduct. The Gryba hit was thunderous, but gosh it looked about as clean as a hit that heavy can look. Scott Stevens would have spent half his career suspended if this kind of hit is illegal. If we're only punishing the results then every slash that ends up breaking fingers should begin to be reviewed with supplemental discipline expected.

Who torched Landeskog earlier this season [I don't care to look it up]? That hit got more initial head contact than this one and I believe that one didn't receive any discipline.

I'm so confused...
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Genius

This is bullshit suspension. This was a clean hit. Coming to a arena near you: The NHL - The No Hit League.

Shanahan should go to the KHL if doesnt want to see hitting in hockey.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    This is bullshit suspension. This was a clean hit. Coming to a arena near you: The NHL - The No Hit League.

Slow it down.
    Look again.
    Grybas shoulder hits Eller's head first.
    Simple exploitation of a vulnerable person.
    No one is yelling for a no hitting league.
    Easy on the extreme suggestions reese.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post

100% correct. And the fact that he hasn't made a video yet is because he's making up a bunch of BS. He's suspended only because they don't want the series to get out of hand.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    100% correct. And the fact that he hasn't made a video yet is because he's making up a bunch of BS. He's suspended only because they don't want the series to get out of hand.
    well come on now, the ruling just came down an hour ago, give him a chance to at least explain it before you throw a hissy fit Ev. I've yet to see anything conclusive on the play but the best angle I have is the same one Diaz had and that's not ideal, hopefully they'll come out with some better angles to explain the ruling

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    well come on now, the ruling just came down an hour ago, give him a chance to at least explain it before you throw a hissy fit Ev. I've yet to see anything conclusive on the play but the best angle I have is the same one Diaz had and that's not ideal, hopefully they'll come out with some better angles to explain the ruling
    Nobody's getting into a hissy fit. Where is my money on the Silfverberg bet though, you welcher?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wouldn't have a problem with this ruling if it were being consistently called this way. In other words if clean hits that were exploitative, were ruled as dangerous. Let's call them 'Scott Stevens Hits'. Most people enjoy seeing one guy completely destroy another person with a clean hit. I don't.

However, my own personal feelings aside, this hit shouldn't be suspendable under the current rules.

However the NHL has always ruled on the basis of extent of injury, and so lots of blood = 2 games. It's also why Dustin Brown isn't suspended I suppose.

Anyways, not sure what people were expecting. This is the NHL and it's never consistent in these areas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Nobody's getting into a hissy fit. Where is my money on the Silfverberg bet though, you welcher?
    oh yeah I had forgotten all about that...he did play every game didn't he? I tip my hat to you Ev, you called it...what was the bet anyway?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Seems like a pretty questionable suspension to me. NHL enforcing the old it looks bad and he's a no name player suspension policy. I don't enjoy these hits but it seems perfectly legal, no elbow up, didn't leave his feet, maybe hit the head first but certainly no intent.

I would rather see Marchand's two hand swing suspended as a non-hockey play with intent to injure but alas the old no devastating injury no suspension policy in effect.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by davidgoodburn View Post
    I would rather see Marchand's two hand swing suspended as a non-hockey play with intent to injure but alas the old no devastating injury no suspension policy in effect.

Yeah, this for my money is the real problem with league discipline. It's like having a penalty for murder but not attempted murder. Let's reward poor execution and punish bad luck, because that's the thing we need to get out of the game.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Stud

The Wolverine

The best I can do:

To me, that seems like mostly body with incidental contact to the head. I don't think that deserves a suspension.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    He says the principal point of contact was the head - I disagree. I believe (as Kerry Fraser explains) that the hip connects with the midsection first, not the head. And not centred enough on the body? What a load of bull.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    He says the principal point of contact was the head - I disagree. I believe (as Kerry Fraser explains) that the hip connects with the midsection first, not the head. And not centred enough on the body? What a load of bull.
    yeah I was half convinced the league had some special silver bullet video that proved their case, boy was I wrong. If you can't tell shit from the video then you need to give the player the benefit of the doubt, this is bullshit