Thread: Studs & Duds Monday April 30

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Studs & Duds Monday April 30

Title should read .... Tuesday April 30

Hello all,

Lucifer had some time constraints so I offered to post the Studs and Duds for Tuesday for him.

My humblest apologies for the lateness.

STUDS

Seen Steen?

Alexander had 3 points in 12 games prior to the playoffs. Enter game 1 against LA and this 1st round pick of 2002 stepped up BIG time. The 6’1” St. Louis center opened the scoring with a power play goal and sealed the deal in overtime with a shorty. Granted, Quick hit a bad part of the boards and that certainly contributed to Steen’s good fortune. He also added a blocked shot, he won his only face-off and he had 5 shots on goal.

Bickell, Bickell he’s our man, if he can’t do it … Hossa can!

Believe it or not Chicago had to make a comeback in the first game of the playoffs. Hossa tied the game with a power play goal in the second and it was all Chicago from there. Bickell, who by-the-way has 9 goals and 23 points on the season, scored the OT winner.
    To add to the winning goal he also threw 2 hits. Hossa also added 2 hits and 4 shots on goal.

Did you know Selanne retired? No, neither did he!

The 43 year old Teemu can still do it. Last year was apparently just a wake-up call for the rest of us.
    Not only was the game winning goal scored on the power play, it was also the only shot on goal he was credited with. Who knows how many others were blocked? He also added 2 hits and a blocked shot.

DUD

How Quick-ly can I end this game?

I know, I can just bounce the puck off the boards here, Steen can score a short-handed goal, and I can take a quick shower. Not to be out-done, the LA defense were already headed to the locker room when Quick had the puck behind the net.

Enjoy all of your playoff pools
    Last edited by sixhands; May 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM.
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Wizard

Great job and thanks again for helping me out