STUDS

Mr. Reliable

From a game-to-game perspective, he's one of few reliable players on the Rangers. Henrik Lundqvist concludes another solid regular season by earning his second shutout on the year. A 4-0 win over the Devils sees the King go into the playoffs with a 2.05 GAA and .926 SV%.

Senior Discount

Earning a goal and assist in a loss to the Panthers, Martin St. Louis (speaking of reliable) shows the kids how it's done by finishing atop the NHL leader board in total points w/60.

That's one point for each year he's played pro hockey!

Missed It By A Short-n-Curly

Despite just barely missing the playoffs, Sergei Bobrovsky deserves to be in the conversation for the Vezina Trophy. He's had a remarkable season, and capped it with a win over the Predators giving him 2.00 GA, .932 SV% and 4 SHO on the year. Stats no poolie ever expected.

Groundhog Day

Jimmy Howard earns his fifth shutout of the season, and the Detroit Red Wings make the playoffs for the 22nd consecutive year, however, this convenient statistical smoke-and-mirrors isn't fooling anyone. When they do miss the playoffs in 2037, don't say i didn't warn you.

How Many Fingers Am I Holding Up?

James Neal finally returns, and boom! Hat trick, baby. Penguins as a team exhibit their dominance with a 8-3 win of the Hurricanes. They are going to be a force in the playoffs.

Jinx on.

And On The Seventh Day

Ryan Callahan gets a goal and two assists against the Devils, giving him points in seven consecutive games. Of those, four have been multi-point outings.

Not to Be Outdone...

Callahan's teammate, Derek Stepan added a goal and an assist. Stepan concludes a spectacular regular season, ending w/19 points in April and 44 points in 48 games played.

Radio Radim

Vrbata pots a hatty in a Coyotes win over the Ducks. Vrbata concludes his season with 26 points in 34 GPs, and continues to provide poolies solid depth production at the forward posiition.

Nailed It!

Nail Yakupov pots his first (and certainly not his last) NHL hat trick. Scores all three in what was a ravenous third period for the Oilers' forwards. Yaks concludes his rookie season on a three game tear, earning six goals in that span.

I See Your Schwartz Is Bigger Than Mine

Blues forward Jaden Schwartz scores two against the Blackhawks, and helps his team secure home-ice in the first round of the playoffs.

Honorable Mentions
  • Budaj earns win and helps the Canadiens grab #1 in the North East. Eller, Gallagher and Markov all had multi-point games.
  • Rick Nash is a 20 goal scorer for the 9th consecutive year.
  • Props to the Wild for clinching a playoff spot, with a win over the Avalanche.

DUDS

Dogged Star

The Dallas Stars finish the season with a thud. Losing five straight and six of seven, it didn't matter who was in net. Jamie Benn's tee time is 7am Monday - he's one short of a foursome.

Normal Distribution

The Bruins continue their average and oft inconsistent play, missing an opportunity yesterday to shore up 1st in the Northeast with a loss to the now dominant Caps. An adjective once synonymous with the Bruins.

So Luongo! (or "Oops, I crapped my pants!")

Seven goals against is one helluva to dispell those off season trade rumors, Roberto.

Buried Alive

What an absolutely underwhelming season for the Colorado Avalanche. Middling team stats across all positions is cause for concern moving forward.

Dud of the Year Award

Andres Lindback and the Tampa Bay Lightning defense. Lindback concludes a miserable season w/three staright losses, and a 2.90 GAA. Mr. Yzerman will be enjoying a nice big slice of humble pie, while trying fill his team's defensive needs.