Page 94 of 240 FirstFirst ... 44 84 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: I need a new show...

Started watching The Alienist from Netflix. Great cast and the show is really well done. If you like Mindhunter, there's a good chance you'll like this too.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Started watching The Alienist from Netflix. Great cast and the show is really well done. If you like Mindhunter, there's a good chance you'll like this too.
    I was going to download this and start watching it but reading the viewers comments on IMDB scared me off. It seemed like everyone hated this show.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I was going to download this and start watching it but reading the viewers comments on IMDB scared me off. It seemed like everyone hated this show.
    i'm in the same boat. it's the type of show i like but it has some really mixed reviews

Dobber Sports Immortal

I heard Barry is pretty solid.

Just excited to start the new Westworld. Love that show.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Me! I enjoy it - they did a good job. Lead characters are really good.
    I'm gonna give this a whirl right now.

Dobber Sports Genius

Yup going to tear into The Terror today - looks good. Going to grab an episode of the Alienist too.

Mindhunter was quite good and very gripping. Ending to season 1 was a little meh in my opinion. 8/10.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

My next two in the hopper:

The Terror
    The End of the F***ing World

Dobber Sports Master

I dont follow wrestling much these days but I watched the HBO doc on Andre the Giant and found it sad and interesting.

if Andre thought you were disrespecting the wrestling code of conduct you were in for a long night - they showed some clips of him giving randy macho man savage some over the top beat downs .

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't know why others hate it but I've enjoyed it. The lead character is kind of like Dr. House - smarter than everyone else with no people skills. Maybe some people find a character like him annoying.

Or maybe the old time language is annoying some people. They're speaking like people spoke 120 years ago which is very different from current day English.

Or perhaps it's those young boys dressing up like girls and offering sexual favors to grown men. That concept is very unsettling for sure, and it's a big theme in the show.

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't know why others hate it but I've enjoyed it. The lead character is kind of like Dr. House - smarter than everyone else with no people skills. Maybe some people find a character like him annoying.

Or maybe the old time language is annoying some people. They're speaking like people spoke 120 years ago which is very different from current day English.

Or perhaps it's those young boys dressing up like girls and offering sexual favors to grown men. That concept is very unsettling for sure, and it's a big theme in the show.
    LOL! Maybe all of the above. Damned if I know.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

LOL! Maybe all of the above. Damned if I know.
    I wonder if that "young boys dressing up like girls and offering sexual favors to grown men" thing is historically accurate? I mean, was that really something that happened 120 years ago? I've never heard of such a thing, so I have no idea.

Dobber Sports Master

I wonder if that "young boys dressing up like girls and offering sexual favors to grown men" thing is historically accurate? I mean, was that really something that happened 120 years ago? I've never heard of such a thing, so I have no idea.
    You have never been to Thailand then.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yeah, I watched the first two episodes on regular youtube on weekend, was ok. I don't know what youtube red is, but i'm sure you can watch these episodes for free on regular youtube if you wait couple days.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Folks, if you are in your forties and appreciate the classic movie that is "The Karate Kid" - I highly recommend to you the new YouTube Red series called "Cobra Kai."
    I don't know if it was my low expectations that clinched it, but this series was surprisingly good (very good actually)- well acted & well written, with an interesting twist on the original plot.

Just don't be a dummy like me (by buying each episode separately) - turns out there is a monthly membership that I didn't investigate beforehand. lol
    I keep seeing ads for Cobra Kai on YouTube - might check it out!

Also, about 3 episodes into The Terror, pretty darn good!

Dobber Sports Immortal

I cannot stress how bad Riverdale is.