Page 53 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Go watch the documentary Making A Murderer on Netflix.
    episode one on Utube. Looks good.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Deity

Episode one is only the beginning of his trouble.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Avery is one thing but Dassey is something else entirely. Unbelievable.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Episode one is only the beginning of his trouble.
    Just finished it. Good show, but I wish they would have tried to be a little less biased and tell the full story rather than picking a side.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm halfway through Making a Murderer... this show is UNREAL!!! No spoilers pls

Dobber Sports Ninja

So finally finished Making a Murderer... what an incredible show. Highly recommended for anyone intellectually curious or into crime solving type of shows.

Quite a few things I want to discuss but don't want to spoil it for anyone so maybe i'll start a new thread for it with spoilers.

You guys MUST watch this!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wife & I just finished Making a Murderer too. Pretty entertaining piece, I agree.
    Though the entertainment-value is primarily in the producers setting it up such that the viewer feels emotions/opinions about the events.
    In the end, having an opinion about it reminds me of my friends that like discussing politics.
    It is always good to remember that we-the-people never get full information from a media outlet, especially in a "documentary".
    It ain't no NPR report, that's fo sho.
    There's a clear "side" established.
    All that said - it takes nothing away from the pure-entertainment of this watch.
    Thumbs up!

I just finished binge watching House of Lies (4 seasons in 10 days).....
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Superstar

Just started The Expanse on SyFy last week. Looks promising so far, but I've only seen the first episode.

It did have pretty decent special effects for a TV show though.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Wife & I just finished Making a Murderer too. Pretty entertaining piece, I agree.
    Though the entertainment-value is primarily in the producers setting it up such that the viewer feels emotions/opinions about the events.
    In the end, having an opinion about it reminds me of my friends that like discussing politics.
    It is always good to remember that we-the-people never get full information from a media outlet, especially in a "documentary".
    It ain't no NPR report, that's fo sho.
    There's a clear "side" established.
    All that said - it takes nothing away from the pure-entertainment of this watch.
    Thumbs up!
    Like most others, I was outraged when watching the show given that it's presented from the defendant perspective, but I could see why they reached the outcome they did after doing a bit more research on the trial once I completed the series. There were quite a few pieces of compelling evidence presented by the prosecution that the show's producers conveniently left out.

Some very interesting and bizarre theories out there on who the real murderer is...

I could see both sides and don't have a strong feeling on whether or not he did it, but I just find it mind blowing the inexplicable procedures by the cops in handling the investigation and the inappropriate manipulation of the media (and hence the jury), and the wildly inconsistent and constantly changing testimonies provided by both sides. It all makes for great television that's for sure.

One thing's for sure... the defendant lawyers featured in the show are now overnight rockstars and will prosper from the exposure, and that dirtbag DA prosecutor (who's reputation is already screwed anyway) will suffer even more. Apparently he's been receiving death threats since the show's debut.

*Potential Spoiler - Ignore below if you haven't watched*

Apparently there's a petition currently at over 200,000 signatures on the white house website calling for Obama to grant a pardon... once it hits half million, the white house has to acknowledge and provide their stance on an issue (doesn't necessarily mean they'll take the case to the Supreme Court, but they have to either say they agree there should be another step, or that they're satisfied that proper procedure has been followed).

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

*****SPOILER MAYBE?*****

THANK YOU! People are so quick to get fired up and choose a side on things based on almost zero real knowledge. They choose a side, then seek out information to confirm their bias. Even worse are the people who spread their uninformed opinions through social media, which is painfully evident on political matters... and with this doc series. The people screaming INNOCENT!! are no better than the people who were screaming GUILTY!! after watching news reports during the original trial.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Surprised nobody has mentioned Narcos on here yet...(I just went back 3 pages so maybe I'm wrong)

This show is extremely well shot, written, and acted.

Definitely makes you want to binge watch the full season. Don't let the subtitles keep you away, it is a 10/10.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Narcos on here yet...(I just went back 3 pages so maybe I'm wrong)

Definitely makes you want to binge watch the full season. Don't let the subtitles keep you away, it is a 10/10.
    We covered that a couple months ago already... another great show. Netflix is producing some amazing content nowadays.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post

Just finished it about 10 minutes ago. Yes mentioned on here, back a few pages. The reason I gave it a try. 9/10 for me. Episodes 4/5 were a little slower for my liking, but at 6, it picked up nicely again all the way to the finish line. The villain is great and on par with the villain from breaking bad. Great acting. Really enjoyed it.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Finished Amazon's Man In The High Castle. That was pretty good!

I just started and am pleasantly surprised by the Netflix original: MARCO POLO. If you're going to watch, make sure you watch Marco Polo: ONE HUNDRED EYES first. It is the 30min into series.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury