Page 213 of 240 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: I need a new show...

Just finished Season 2 of Vikings Valhalla. I wish there was more than 8 episodes lol
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Just finished Season 2 of Vikings Valhalla. I wish there was more than 8 episodes lol
    What do u prefer the original or Valhalla?

Tough call for me but I think I like the new one even better... And the original was fantastic

Dobber Sports Deity

I've enjoyed both to be honestly. I did find I lost interest in the original one once Ragnar was killed off.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

The set design on Last of Us is absolutely spot on to the video game. I am loving it so far.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    The set design on Last of Us is absolutely spot on to the video game. I am loving it so far.
    There's even things like collapsing ceilings to block a path that characters just went through like a video game.

The lighting even is video game like. It's so well done. It's been my favourite show in 6months. I'm enjoying it more than Walking Dead (recency bias prolly), and I think it's been up there with Stranger Things.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Omg Last of Us Ep3...that was legit a candidate for best episode of any show of 2023. I can't think of many shows that could hit emotionally like that ep did.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Omg Last of Us Ep3...that was legit a candidate for best episode of any show of 2023. I can't think of many shows that could hit emotionally like that ep did.
    I appreciate not dropping any spoilers. I wont get to watch this until some time this week.

Dobber Sports Immortal

agreed.

Dobber Sports Deity

In light of recent unfortunate circumstances for actor Jeremy Renner, I went and checked out Mayor of Kingstown. I must say, I am half way through the first season and it's quite good. It was a little confusing at first as to what they actually did but it gets cleared up as the show rolls along. Good show so far!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In light of recent unfortunate circumstances for actor Jeremy Renner, I went and checked out Mayor of Kingstown. I must say, I am half way through the first season and it's quite good. It was a little confusing at first as to what they actually did but it gets cleared up as the show rolls along. Good show so far!
    On Paramount+ for those wondering.

I swear I hyped this one a while back. In any case, quality watch. Not worth the Paramount+ on its own, but if you are doing a month its something else to get into. Its a Taylor Sheridan show for all the Yellowstone heads here.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    On Paramount+ for those wondering.

I swear I hyped this one a while back. In any case, quality watch. Not worth the Paramount+ on its own, but if you are doing a month its something else to get into. Its a Taylor Sheridan show for all the Yellowstone heads here.
    Yes, Paramount +. Thank you for mentioning that. I usually do. You very well could have hyped this one before; I can't remember. It hasn't got many mentions here that I know of. Either way, I am quite enjoying it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

So I finally watched the premiere of Last of Us last night... I thought it was pretty solid overall.

Having said that, it definitely is giving me Walking Dead vibes (which isn't a good thing). I'll definitely continue, but I think WD ruined the whole genre for me by going 6 seasons too long

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    So I finally watched the premiere of Last of Us last night... I thought it was pretty solid overall.

Having said that, it definitely is giving me Walking Dead vibes (which isn't a good thing). I'll definitely continue, but I think WD ruined the whole genre for me by going 6 seasons too long
    The writing, attention to detail, and character development is way ahead of TWD.

The Fungzies(?) are not really a thing in the first 3eps if that makes sense. It's surprisingly limited, but not overlooked? It's kind of hard to describe as it's a world that has gone to poo because of these things, but it's more about humans...which as I type it out is like EVERY other zombie show/movie. But I found TWD was characters looking to survive, whereas The Last of Us is about characters learning to live again.

Don't give up on TLOU because it's giving TWD vibes, that'll end.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Yup. And HBO won't drag out a series if it shows signs of decline.
    AMC (Walking Dead) had a hit... and even with declining ratings it was still one of their most-watched shows... so they held it.
    Last of Us (Metacritic Score= 84) has been absolutely great through 3 episodes. I'm curious how many they gave to critics for ratings - because sometimes those reviews ARE only based on some set-amount (and not the whole series).
    I still have big faith in this show.

I just/finally finished Andor the other night. Awesome show - especially going into it without big expectations or hype.

I'm curious to try out Poker Face (Peacock+) which is the highest rated (85) "New Show" listed on Metacritic.
    https://www.metacritic.com/tv/poker-face-2023/season-1

Wife and I have finished our queue again and she's not gonna watch Valhalla.
    I'll have to sneak it in on "me time" watching - maybe right now with hockey being off for 5-6 days!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yes! A very moving episode. Really loving this show so far, the acting is impeccable.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent