Page 163 of 240 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 173 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3592

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Season 3 of F1: Drive to Survive is great. Highly recommended. Don't need to be a fan of F1 to enjoy. This year has a bit more drama in it, but it still remains a fun ride. I get a kick out of seeing the drivers talk with the pits while hitting speeds of 350 km/h like it's nothing. Just another day at the office.

yup.. it helps if you are a fan to know some of the drivers, but its really one of the only of these "recorded reality" shows that I like, similar to the NHL '24/7 Road to the ____' shows.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Genius

This was from episode 6 I watched last night. Gasly, sticks it up Red Bull's arse with a win. Was let go by RB a year earlier. Felt bad for Albon at the end of the clip in P15. On to episode 7 soon enough. Gasly's emotion is infectious here.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Love drive to survive. Really shows how much of a loser Lewis Hamilton is. Anytime he is behind he complains and whines like crazy. The guy only wins when he starts on pole, and/or he cheats with off track limits as was showcased last weekend. Can't wait till he gets out of F1 so he can focus on his worthy causes.

Dobber Sports Icon

If you haven't checked out Life In Colour with David Attenborough on Netflix yet, I highly recommend giving it a shot. Only 3 episodes, but it's an amazingly well done nature documentary.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Love drive to survive. Really shows how much of a loser Lewis Hamilton is. Anytime he is behind he complains and whines like crazy. The guy only wins when he starts on pole, and/or he cheats with off track limits as was showcased last weekend. Can't wait till he gets out of F1 so he can focus on his worthy causes.
    you cant argue with his success though. im not a LH fan, but hes dominating this sport and nobody is close, except for Max V but i despise him...im in on Stroll and is old man...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Initiate

except you can argue his success. He's driven the fastest car on the circuit for years. Last year, George Russel proved that anyone can drive a Mercedes and perform excellent. What I'd be interested to see to prove the theory is how Lewis would perform in an Alpha Tauri or whatever, similar to what Vettel is going through.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Some shows the wife & I have watched recently (in between hockey, of course!)

Them. (Hulu). Metacritic score = 59.
    Interesting (fictional) show about racism from an all-white neighborhood towards the 2nd black residents to move into 1950s all-white Compton (!!!).
    It's a pretty good story... goes off the rails, comes back, goes off the rails again.
    It felt like "Lost" watching it. We were really into it all along, but by the final 10%... it was a little bit of a WTF... and at the end we said "Meh".
    But if you like the ride of the TV show... This is pretty good.
    3/5 stars.

Cruel Summer. (Freeform). Metacritic score = 74. (User score = 4.7, 7 ratings... ???)
    We had to download the Freeform channel for Roku (US)... but its free.
    For people that LOVED the first season of 13 Reasons Why (we did)... this is a great show.
    The concept of story-telling is something I haven't seen. The characters are solid in a 13-Reasons Why/Stranger Things kind of way.
    Overall - we are digging it... but only 3 of 6-8 episodes are available to this point.
    4.25/5 stars.

Sasquatch. (Hulu). Metacritic Score = 76.
    This is an interesting show. I'll try to explain why.
    After episode #1, write down on a piece of paper "I thought I was watching a show about ____. But really, maybe I am watching a show about _____."
    Then, do this after episode #2.
    And do this after episode #3.
    It's a little bit of a mind-fugg like that.
    I mean... it's either intentionally brilliant... or accidentally brilliant... but if you *see it*... I think... it's brilliant.
    4.5/5 stars.

Calls. (Apple TV). Metacritic score = 65.
    This show is purely audio. Yeah... like an old-school Radio story.
    I know... weird. They have one of those Microsoft music streaming visual wispy line effects to fill the screen.
    But... essentially, I'd put this on only if you are doing something on your phone and want a "background show".
    If you put it on simply as an audible space-filler while you play games or text on your phone...
    Well... if you do that, it can be a pretty interesting go. (Don't watch the screen though... it feels really dumb if you do that. My advice.)
    3.5/5 stars.

The One (Netflix). Metacritic score = 49.
    Ugh. This was one of those shows that a Facebook friend said "I loved" - so we gave it a try.
    The premise is interesting and it ends there. The acting is shit. The storyline is shit. The supposed hooks are shit.
    Waste of time.
    1.5/5 stars.

Beartown. (HBO). Metacritic = 82. (The User Score = 5.9... but I have to think this is dumb-ass Americans who don't know hockey...)
    I mean... I read the book. And the TV show is close, Swedish, and... awesome.
    I thought it was great. I am reading the second book now and hope they do a follow-up TV show.
    For me, as a hockey guy...
    5/5 stars. (And the on-ice hockey actually looks really good.)

It's a Sin. (HBO). Metacritic = 91.
    This.was.great. I mean, many of us remembers AIDS and treatment towards the gay population during the 1980s.
    This shows this really well via a fictional story of 4-5 men trying to live their gay-world in England.
    The actors, the storyline, the general feeling that eminates... great, really great.
    TV shows often are period pieces to revisit past difficult times, like war or pandemics or racism...
    But this might be the best "let's revisit when..." TV shows, as a fictional story, that I've ever seen.
    Both the wife and I really enjoyed this.
    And to have a Neil Patrick Harris star-inclusion for the first episode or two really framed the whole show incredibly.
    5/5 stars.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    It's a Sin.

It's a British mini-series, recently aired and just heard that the US has picked it up (HBO Max).

Absolutely brilliant and highly recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

It's a Sin. (HBO). Metacritic = 91.
    This.was.great. I mean, many of us remembers AIDS and treatment towards the gay population during the 1980s.
    This shows this really well via a fictional story of 4-5 men trying to live their gay-world in England.
    The actors, the storyline, the general feeling that eminates... great, really great.
    TV shows often are period pieces to revisit past difficult times, like war or pandemics or racism...
    But this might be the best "let's revisit when..." TV shows, as a fictional story, that I've ever seen.
    Both the wife and I really enjoyed this.
    And to have a Neil Patrick Harris star-inclusion for the first episode or two really framed the whole show incredibly.
    5/5 stars.
    Yes! I didn't go into any detail on my previous comment but you summed it up well. It's one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Check out Hamilton's years at McLaren, youngest ever world champion at the time in his 2nd season in F1, after a rookie season where he had the most consecutive podiums by a rookie in F1 history (9) and finished 1 point from being champion. Don't think the man has to prove anything. George Russell showed that he can drive well in a Mercedes, not that he can win, let alone win consistently week after week (Russell is a fantastic driver not a criticism of him), Bottas can't do that either and he was still winning when Ferrari had a better car with Vettel and Raikonnen. Regardless he is going to show what you are hoping to see this year with Red Bull's pace. Going to be a fun season.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Master

I've been binge watching an older series called Banshee on the crave/hbo streaming service . I'm enjoying it but its a bit over the top with the violence so I'm taking a break before going into season 3 lol

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Sidenown View Post
    Check out Hamilton's years at McLaren, youngest ever world champion at the time in his 2nd season in F1, after a rookie season where he had the most consecutive podiums by a rookie in F1 history (9) and finished 1 point from being champion. Don't think the man has to prove anything. George Russell showed that he can drive well in a Mercedes, not that he can win, let alone win consistently week after week (Russell is a fantastic driver not a criticism of him), Bottas can't do that either and he was still winning when Ferrari had a better car with Vettel and Raikonnen. Regardless he is going to show what you are hoping to see this year with Red Bull's pace. Going to be a fun season.
    You gotta admit that those years when Hamilton started are much different then the years these days. So much has changed. The mercedes has the fastest car on the grid for a long time now. Proven again today. Put Lewis in any other car today and he is not as good. Even if he swapped with Perez of Verstappen in the Red Bulls, he wouldn't do what (especially) Verstappen does in the Red Bull. I think Hamilton is overrated. Which is odd because he's got 7 world titels.
    In comparison of Schumacher vs. Hamilton, hamilton may have more trophies, but Schumi is the better driver by far IMO. Similar with Senna. I know it's all subjective but it's still fun to debate/argue lol.
    I fully believe Bottas doesn't get the same treatment from Mercedes as Hamilton does in terms of power/strategy etc.

One thing we will agree, this season is going to be fun and finally close.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I have this thing with Serial Killers. There's little else as intriguing as the most deviant of minds. The 1%ers of criminals.

There have been some really great mini-series of late

Falling in love with a Killer - Ted Bundy. 10/10.
    I've seen several documentaries on Bundy, read several books. This is the FIRST to truly place his victims at the forefront of the story.
    They interview his long time girlfriend, her attempts to call him to the police's attention. His surviving victims, roommates of some of his unfortunate victims.

Unabomber Ted Kazinsky 9/10
    Drama Mini-series - it's gripping. I lost sleep to watch extra episodes at night.
    You can't help but feel empathy for Kazinsky. Watch - you'll see.
    The thing stopping it from getting a 10/10. factual changes to suit dramatic narrative.
    I get it, but I don't like it.

Unabomber - In his own words 8/10.
    it's a bit dry. I watched this afterward. Best to do that & then changing facts of a case will bother you less.
    it really draws out those feelings of empathy you had for Ted in the dramatic mini-series.
    (disclaimer - I'm not in any way supporting what he did. Nor am I placing him ahead of any of his innocent victims. but if you view as an unbiased observer - you'll realize Ted was a victim in his own way too)

Son's' of Sam - just came out last night. 9/10 first episode.
    They covered all the shootings in the first episode.
    It leaves the rest of the series to cover this absolutely insane plot twisting story-line.
    what most people know about Berkowitz is only about 20% of the story.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

The wife and I have been watching Very Scary People on HLN hosted by Donnie Wahlberg. They had a run on them last week leading into their new season which started on Sunday. What a cool show.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you want something light like The Office, check out Arrested Development. Smart, witty, hilarious, a cult hit. If you want something heavier like Breaking Bad or TWD, and really want something that will eat up a chunk of your time, check out Lost. Moving story lines, a little sci-fi thrown in there, great character development. Hours upon hours of episodes.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I have this thing with Serial Killers. There's little else as intriguing as the most deviant of minds. The 1%ers of criminals.

There have been some really great mini-series of late

Falling in love with a Killer - Ted Bundy. 10/10.
    I've seen several documentaries on Bundy, read several books. This is the FIRST to truly place his victims at the forefront of the story.
    They interview his long time girlfriend, her attempts to call him to the police's attention. His surviving victims, roommates of some of his unfortunate victims.

Unabomber Ted Kazinsky 9/10
    Drama Mini-series - it's gripping. I lost sleep to watch extra episodes at night.
    You can't help but feel empathy for Kazinsky. Watch - you'll see.
    The thing stopping it from getting a 10/10. factual changes to suit dramatic narrative.
    I get it, but I don't like it.

Unabomber - In his own words 8/10.
    it's a bit dry. I watched this afterward. Best to do that & then changing facts of a case will bother you less.
    it really draws out those feelings of empathy you had for Ted in the dramatic mini-series.
    (disclaimer - I'm not in any way supporting what he did. Nor am I placing him ahead of any of his innocent victims. but if you view as an unbiased observer - you'll realize Ted was a victim in his own way too)

Son's' of Sam - just came out last night. 9/10 first episode.
    They covered all the shootings in the first episode.
    It leaves the rest of the series to cover this absolutely insane plot twisting story-line.
    what most people know about Berkowitz is only about 20% of the story.
    not sure if you’ve already watched it but Mindhunter is really interesting. All about profiling serial killers based on true events.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent