Page 156 of 239 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 166 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3574

Thread: I need a new show...

Banned

Default Re: I need a new show...

Letterkenny is just one of the best shows there is! So fun to watch.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The wife & I decided to treat ourself and signed up for HBO for two months (Jan & Feb).
    Pretty expensive at $15/mo (and already paying for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+)

Our watch list:
    1. The Flight Attendant. This has Haley Cuoco from Big Bang. 76 score on Metacritic. The best part is probably, unfortunately, the opening episode, the James Bond-ish title graphics/song, and Cuoco in low-neck dresses. Its all over the place as plot and characters. We didn't like it. I can't recommend.
    2. I Hate Suzie. British show about former teen star that sort of stumbled through acting and then gets some sexy picks leaked on internet. This got an 85 on Metacritic, but after 3 episodes we weren't digging it and stopped.
    3. The Undoing. -current show- This got a 64 on Metacritic... but so far we like this one much more than the other two... though the plot has been done... its basically Big Little Lies (and it includes Nicole Kidman) except there is a murder to *open* the shows plot and it takes place around private school parents in New York... not LA. Hugh Grant is pretty good.

We also tried to watch Elizabeth is Missing (which is 2nd highest rated "Last 90 Days New Shows" on Metacritic with 86).
    But its for the Downtown Abby crowd - and even released on BBC, then PBS in the US... so, go figure.

My favourite part of HBO is the 21 Studio Ghibli movies available there through the US-partner: GKIDS.
    If you have kids btw 5-12... these are some of my cartoons to watch.
    The Japanese animation is really rich with story/characters and moves at a much slower pace... which I think is a good chance for kids from the more-intense Pixar/Disney movies.
    We might have to switch to some of the HBO movies... because the shows aren't cutting it.

We switched to some cult-ish show last night called "The Vow" (HBO).
    This got a 76 on metacritic - about some people looking for life purpose/direction that end up in a cult.
    Sounds familar, right... but these are always interesting and through two episodes the tension/drama is building nicely.
    It also sets the show up by starting the opening with a judicial decision that came down on the leader -
    and that's kind of like this "WOW... how the fugg did something end up getting to that point!"

Hopefully the 3rd season of My Brilliant Friend (set in Italy) will come out this spring on HBO... we both like that.

I'm always checking this thread for good husband/wife show-stuff.
    Keep those posts comin!

Dobber Sports Pro

Just finished Das Boot season 1 and 2, excellent series and you don't even have to be a WW2 buff to get in to it. Found it on CGC Gem in Canada but it is a European production with lots of subtitles

Dobber Sports Titan

The Flight Attendant definitely fell into a "don't watch it unless you've watched everything else" for me.

The ending wasn't clean, it felt rushed, made no sense, things were thrown into the ending to try and make sense but didn't. Didn't like it because of the ending. If it was ANY other actress, I prolly wouldn't have finished. I wonder how much COVID made them rewrite the ending. Seemed very smooth and build up until the back half of the season when it was rushed.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The Flight Attendant definitely fell into a "don't watch it unless you've watched everything else" for me.

The ending wasn't clean, it felt rushed, made no sense, things were thrown into the ending to try and make sense but didn't. Didn't like it because of the ending. If it was ANY other actress, I prolly wouldn't have finished. I wonder how much COVID made them rewrite the ending. Seemed very smooth and build up until the back half of the season when it was rushed.
    Perfect way to sum it up.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Banned

Check out amazon's The Boys and Upload, The Crown, Away and Queen's Gambit on Netflix

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Finally got around to watch the new-ish seasons of couple of my fave shows.

Bosch season 6. The decent crime drama continues pretty strong as previous seasons so you know what to expect if you’re a fan of a show. Of course season 1 still the best...dark and disturbing...just the way I like them, haha

Sinner season 3. This was a MAJOR let down even more so than the latest Fargo. A shame really, as a story is pretty weak given how awesome season 1 was. Hope they will rebound.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you get the chance to watch the two part documentary on Tiger Woods on HBO, highly recommended.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you get the chance to watch the two part documentary on Tiger Woods on HBO, highly recommended.
    I watched part 1 and really enjoyed it. I'm an avid golfer (play 75 rounds a year), so perhaps I'm not the best judge, but I feel the story is worthwhile watching even if you aren't a golf/sports fan.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Genius

Just finished part 1 of Tiger. Interesting for sure! Really enjoyed Cobra Kai. Neet idea to continue from the movies. 3rd season just came out. Its a bit cheese but fun.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Master

Agree about Cobra Kai. My youngest loves it. He is 11. I watch it for him mostly, but its not terrible. There arent many shows the entire family will watch so, I do enjoy it. I give it a 6.5. Probably a bit lower if I wasnt watching it with the fam.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finally giving Maniac a go. Heard mixed things but a good friend raves about it.

Administrator

Cobra Kai is so damn good. I'm amazed how they flipped the script. Team Johnny, all the way.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Me and the missus started watching Euphoria. Man...... the first episode was a hard watch. I mean, it was well acted and the story is interesting, its just a bit soul destroying to watch. The 2nd episode was a bit better. Not as shocking. If I can handle the emotional trauma of watching it, I think it'll be a good show.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Cobra Kai is so damn good. I'm amazed how they flipped the script. Team Johnny, all the way.
    The writers are amazing on that show, especially for Johnny's character.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."