Page 141 of 239 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 151 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3574

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: I need a new show...

Been watching Hollywood on Netflix. Its been entertaining. Definitely not for kids.

Dobber Sports Sage

Recently finished the latest season of Bosch. While the acting and production is excellent as usual, the multiple story lines did not deliver for me. Easily the weakest season in an otherwise excellent show. Still solid though. 7.5/10

About halfway through the current season of Marcella and it is not entertaining IMO. None of the characters are likable and the story line is not particularly interesting. I enjoyed the first 2 seasons and give them a solid 8/10 rating. I'll finish this current season since I started hoping that it gets better.

I have been rewatching Brooklyn 99 and Letterkenny. Those shows are excellent.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Some of my favorite sitcoms are Man With A Plan starring Matt LeBlanc and Rules of Engagement, which stars David Spade and Patrick Warburton.

Rules of Engagement has been finished for a few years but the reruns are still out there. Two great comedies you should check out if you've never seen them before.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just finished Little Fires Everywhere on Amazon starring Kerry Washington and Reese Witherspoon.

I didn't have high hopes coming in, but I have to admit it was damn good. Binged it in 3 days (only 8 episodes). 8.5/10

Dobber Sports Guru

My wife and I just finished the New Girl. Never seen an episode until a month ago, so we watched them all within the past four weeks. It was pretty good, although we thought certain parts dragged on (the first eight or nine episodes of season 3, for example). We also weren't that crazy about the finale, but overall, it was a hit for us. Probably 9/10 overall.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Lenox Hill on Netflix was awesome. Love those docuseries.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

I just snapped through the two seasons of Knightfall on Netflix. I quite enjoyed it. Interesting take on the Templars if only a small amount. Apparently some of the story is based on fact and some is just Hollywood, as to be expected. None the less, I enjoyed it.

Dobber Sports Master

I'm mainly giving this hbo new series a chance because I like Matthew Rhys (one of the main character in the series The Americans)

Perry Mason

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Just finished Little Fires Everywhere on Amazon starring Kerry Washington and Reese Witherspoon.

I didn't have high hopes coming in, but I have to admit it was damn good. Binged it in 3 days (only 8 episodes). 8.5/10
    I liked it. Heavy on the drama but it was good. 8/10 for me.

Outsiders anyone? Just heard of this one today and will start it tonight. Bateman is in it.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Deity

Anyone else watching Snowpiercer on Netflix? Not bad actually.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I watched the film from 2013, it was surprisingly good. I had very low expectations for it though lol.

I can't wait for season 2 of The Boys.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I watched the film from 2013, it was surprisingly good. I had very low expectations for it though lol.

I hear ya there.

I also watched the first episode of Warrior Nun the other night. It wasn't as cheesy as I expected and I'll see where it goes in episode two.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don't think I've posted but the wife & I have probably knocked out about 20 series in 2020.

Superfave:
    *BoJack Horseman, 6.5seasons (Netflix, Metacritic 91) - I may have commented on this one before... but if you are looking for a show to watch on a couple of drinks (or other)... this is the show. The first 8 episodes of s1 are kind of slow... a grind... I know, I know... if you can bear through that and let the characters develop... this show is long-term binge-worthy thru the 6 seasons.
    *My Brilliant Friend s1&s2 (HBO, Metacritic 92) - this is case in Italy, based on a book... and it is full subtitles since it is Italian. If you have aged to the point where you really like good characters... this is a damn fine show about two friends (girls) aging through childhood and young adulthood and probably through older adulthood in a few years. Tugs at the emotions, and I like that.

Great ones (many ref'd above):
    *The Outsider (HBO, Metacritic 69) - saw this one posted above. Yeah, it's very solid - great characters, good story. One of the shows where I liked it well beyond the Metacritic score. Ben Mendelsohn is somebody I really get into.
    *Last Dance (ESPN, Metacritic 91) - the Bulls final championships, with backstory to a year before Jordan.
    *Lenox Hill (Netflix, Metacritic 87) - Super solid docu-drama from NYC area.
    *Central Park (AppleTV+, Metacritic 80) - For top enjoyment, watch this right after you've watched Frozen/Frozen2/Hamilton from Disney+... trust me, it's just at its absolute best if those others are fresh in your mind (same voices)
    *Unorthodox (..., Metacritic 85) - I think some people will feel like this is slow, but the lead actress is incredible - a very painful, real watch.
    *Ramy s2 (Hulu, Metacritic 83) - Currently watching this... Mahersha Ali (sp?) has big role... I'm about 3eps thru and very good. s1 was very good. Great to finally have some solid shows that show diversity (& commonalities!) of 2nd-gen "foreign" Americans.
    *Plot Against America (Hulu, Metacritic 81) - Solid alternate world show about post WWII New York. More very good characters
    *Insecure (HBO, Metacritic ??) - We really like this show, bout a late 20s something woman just trying to make it. Cast/characters are really great, I think.
    *Better Things s1/s2/s3 (Hulu, Metacritic 90+) - We paused about 3eps into latest season... none of us are probably single moms of 3+ kids... but if you can transform your brain to that world... and the overload, this is super-good.

Lighter stuff to background watch while on your phone:
    *Cheer s1 (Netflix, Metacritic 81) - This is pretty entertaining about how intense small JuCo cheer programs can be.
    *Everything's Gonna Be Okay (Metacritic 79) - This one was a little too all-over-the-place for me - sometimes characters can be TOO extravagant to seem real.
    *Tiger King (Metacritic 75) - Didn't everybody watch this?!? LOL.
    *Run (HBO, Metacritic 74) - Good premise, but really dragged with only 2 main characters... even though we've liked shows with both - the chemistry just didn't seem really right.

I didn't get into it:
    *Dead to Me s2 (Metacritic 72) - Wife liked this... but they double-cast the husband from previous season and it felt very hokey to me.
    *Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu, Metacritic 70) - Really dragged in the middle for me. Some have commented that ending is excellent, but it just felt draggy.
    *Upload s1 (Metacritic 66) - Intersting, but actors/actresses aren't really doing it. Like a shitty reboot of "The Good Place" mixed with the "San Junipero" episode (which is GREAT) from Black Mirror.
    *Homecoming s2 (Hulu?) - I don't think we gave this one a fair chance... just wasn't hitting for us when we watched.

Anything sub60-rated on Metacritic... we just don't watch it.
    People have recommended stuff to us that they've enjoyed, but consistently... that's the low-bar for a Number vs. Our enjoyment.

Love this thread.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is it a show now? I only just watched the movie in the past year.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ditto - just a couple more months. This show was one of the biggest surprises for me last year.

I tried to watch Umbrella Academy to fill the void left by the Boys but it just didn't cut it.