Page 126 of 239 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3574

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    For shits and giggles, here's my 10 best shows from the decade, just shows that started this decade. I've also thrown in some honourable mentions along with shows I need to catch up on:

1. Game of Thrones - as disappointing as the final season was, I still enjoyed it, and the rest of the series was the best of the decade. I spent more time thinking, consuming and talking about this show than anything else on this list combined.

2. Sherlock - Every season is like 3 movies and each one literally a better viewing experience than any movie I watched that year.

3. Stranger Things - Just enough stakes to be thrilling, just campy enough to not be too scary, well-produced enough to be taken seriously. Just a breeze to watch.

4. Brooklyn 99 - My favourite comedy purely of this decade.

5. Justified - Action/Comedy with great actors and good writing. The perfect popcorn drama.

6. Mindhunter - David Fincher makes a historical fiction about the development of the FBI's serial killer unit. If there were more seasons this show could go top 5 for me.

7. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - I don't think anyone else watched this show but my goodness did it suck me in. Sherlock Holmes meets Dr. Who starring Elijah Wood.

8. The Good Place - My second favourite comedy of the decade and fancy that, another Michael Schur show.

9. Rick and Morty - I loved Community but a cartoon is such a better avenue for Dan Harmon's madness. Insanely brilliant show.

10. Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Perhaps some recency bias as I just finished season 3 but I really love this show. In a lot of ways it fills the niche that Mad Men once did as a drama that's also wonderously funny.

Honourable Mentions in no particular order:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Luther
    Dark
    Broadchurch
    Orange is the New Black
    Glow
    Dark
    The Boys
    Black Mirror

Stuff to catch up on:

Fargo
    Better Call Saul
    Veep
    Halt and Catch Fire
    The Leftovers
    The Americans
    Barry
    Mr. Robot

What did I miss?
    Nice list. I agree on Beaky Blinders. That show just doesn't do it for me and I gave it two tries.

I recommend you move Veep to the top of your must-watch list. Maybe it just meshes with my sense of humor but I think it is absolutely hilarious. I would put that as #2 behind GOT for shows of the decade.

Another show you might want to check out is Longmire on Netflix. I am a little more than halfway through the show and there are some outstanding moments. It has that gritty, rural feel in the realm of Justified.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

I enjoyed the Mandalorian - last few episodes were my favorite. Solid 8/10 for me.

The Watchmen was strangely addictive and I knew zero about the characters beforehand. Solid soundtrack too. Great cast. 8.5/10
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Administrator

Recent hype has me thinking I need to finish out the Mandalorian season but the first 4 episodes had me quite disappointed.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Recent hype has me thinking I need to finish out the Mandalorian season but the first 4 episodes had me quite disappointed.
    I have it on my tablet and have yet to watch an episode. Same for The Watchemen. Not saying I won't but just haven't got around to it yet. I just started watching The Witcher and so far so good, but thats only two episodes in. I have the new season of Letterkenny to get to as well so I need to set my priorities for the treadmill/elliptical LOL
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Great list!

Vikings is awesome, it should be somewhere on that list!
    Handmaids tale
    Sillicon Valley is also good, just wished the season were longer.
    If we isolate season 1 of True Detective its worth a mention
    A couple of limited series were also quite nice like The night of, Escape at Dannemora, Sharp Objects, Chernobyl, Taboo, Fargo season 1, O.J ...

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    Great list!

Handmaids tale
    A couple of limited series were also quite nice like The night of, Escape at Dannemora, Sharp Objects, Chernobyl, Taboo, Fargo season 1, O.J ...
    I think Silicon Valley was horribly underrated. I always thought of it as a smart version of The Big Bang Theory.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Agreed. I thought the first two episodes were decent, but the next two I would call mediocre at best. I heard it ended well though, so I may have to finish it off as well.

The Witcher is decent, but I did expect more. About 6 episodes in so far.

Rylant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    Great list!

Handmaids tale
    Enjoyed Silicon Valley, but fell off after a few seasons. Not in my top-10 but certainly would have warranted an HM.

Fargo was really good, I just have caught up on season 3.

Enjoyed season 1 and 3 of True Detective. As uneven as they were there were some real high moments. The tracking shot of the biker dust up is some of the best TV of the decade.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I think Silicon Valley was horribly underrated. I always thought of it as a smart version of The Big Bang Theory.

Rylant
    I didn't love Silicon Valley, but I would at least label it as watchable. It's mind boggling that Big Bang Theory is so much more popular. I guess CBS just has a much bigger reach than HBO, which is a painful thought on it's own.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I didn't love Silicon Valley, but I would at least label it as watchable. It's mind boggling that Big Bang Theory is so much more popular. I guess CBS just has a much bigger reach than HBO, which is a painful thought on it's own.
    CBS is regular cable. HBO is a specialty channel. Of course it has a bigger reach. Plus, BBT is in syndicate everywhere so you can see reruns all the time.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    CBS is regular cable. HBO is a specialty channel. Of course it has a bigger reach. Plus, BBT is in syndicate everywhere so you can see reruns all the time.
    Yes I understand that, I just wish that wasn't the way it worked. So much of a shows success relies on factors OTHER than how good it actually is (even though "good" is obviously subjective).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Yes I understand that, I just wish that wasn't the way it worked. So much of a shows success relies on factors OTHER than how good it actually is (even though "good" is obviously subjective).
    As someone who doesn't pay the money for HBO because I dont think it's worth the extra charge, I agree with you. I wish it wasn't that was either.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As someone who doesn't pay the money for HBO because I dont think it's worth the extra charge, I agree with you. I wish it wasn't that was either.
    Join us in cutting the cord! Ditch that cable and stream your heart out for less $$$

In all seriousness, I finally talked my parents out of their $80 cable subscription last month and they are loving their new Netflix. Add HBO, Amazon Prime AND Hulu, and it's still way cheaper than their cable was.

It does complicate watching sports though...

Dobber Sports Deity

I won't lie, I've considered it many times.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Mandalorian was a frigging great ride. Loved it.

Plan to finally watch Killing Eve season 2 next