Page 125 of 240 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3595

Thread: I need a new show...

Administrator

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    you missed Peaky Blinders, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood.....
    Deadwood was good, but not of this decade. Specifically did not miss Peaky Blinders - that show didn't do it for me. Add Boardwalk Empire to the "catch up on" list.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Deadwood was good, but not of this decade. Specifically did not miss Peaky Blinders - that show didn't do it for me. Add Boardwalk Empire to the "catch up on" list.
    #calendarsmatter

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

The Great One

Breaking Bad?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Breaking Bad?
    An all-timer, but only half of it took place in the 2010s so I left it out.

Dobber Sports Deity

Big Mouth is probably in my top 10 but it's hard to argue with most of the other ones. You didnt miss many. No Big Bang Theory? Letterkenny?

I have a few other "can't miss" TV shows but they are a little different. I love watching The Curse of Oak Island but that's because it promotes NS. You must not be much of a reality TV guy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

An all-timer, but only half of it took place in the 2010s so I left it out.
    And abbreviated Season 1 and Season 2 were in 2008-09, and three full seasons in the 2010s. More than 2/3rds were this decade. That said, it's your list

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    And abbreviated Season 1 and Season 2 were in 2008-09, and three full seasons in the 2010s. More than 2/3rds were this decade. That said, it's your list
    Lots of good shows I'd have included if I stretched it out, which is why I didn't.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Big Mouth is probably in my top 10 but it's hard to argue with most of the other ones. You didnt miss many. No Big Bang Theory? Letterkenny?

I have a few other "can't miss" TV shows but they are a little different. I love watching The Curse of Oak Island but that's because it promotes NS. You must not be much of a reality TV guy.
    Good call on Letterkenny. No Big Bang Theory, it doesn't qualify for this list having started in the prior decade and wouldn't make it anyway though it was entertaining enough.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No Big Bang Theory? Letterkenny?
    No judgement, but those would both be near the top of my most hated list (with Big Bang Theory firmly at the top). I think Letterkenny is a perfect example of taking a funny premise for a short skit and trying to stretch it into a full blown show for some reason.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    No judgement, but those would both be near the top of my most hated list (with Big Bang Theory firmly at the top). I think Letterkenny is a perfect example of taking a funny premise for a short skit and trying to stretch it into a full blown show for some reason.
    Different strokes for different folks. I love both shows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

For shits and giggles, here's my 10 best shows from the decade, just shows that started this decade. I've also thrown in some honourable mentions along with shows I need to catch up on:

1. Game of Thrones - as disappointing as the final season was, I still enjoyed it, and the rest of the series was the best of the decade. I spent more time thinking, consuming and talking about this show than anything else on this list combined.

2. Sherlock - Every season is like 3 movies and each one literally a better viewing experience than any movie I watched that year.

3. Stranger Things - Just enough stakes to be thrilling, just campy enough to not be too scary, well-produced enough to be taken seriously. Just a breeze to watch.

4. Brooklyn 99 - My favourite comedy purely of this decade.

5. Justified - Action/Comedy with great actors and good writing. The perfect popcorn drama.

6. Mindhunter - David Fincher makes a historical fiction about the development of the FBI's serial killer unit. If there were more seasons this show could go top 5 for me.

7. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - I don't think anyone else watched this show but my goodness did it suck me in. Sherlock Holmes meets Dr. Who starring Elijah Wood.

8. The Good Place - My second favourite comedy of the decade and fancy that, another Michael Schur show.

9. Rick and Morty - I loved Community but a cartoon is such a better avenue for Dan Harmon's madness. Insanely brilliant show.

10. Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Perhaps some recency bias as I just finished season 3 but I really love this show. In a lot of ways it fills the niche that Mad Men once did as a drama that's also wonderously funny.

Honourable Mentions in no particular order:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Luther
    Dark
    Broadchurch
    Orange is the New Black
    Glow
    Dark
    The Boys
    Black Mirror

Stuff to catch up on:

Fargo
    Better Call Saul
    Veep
    Halt and Catch Fire
    The Leftovers
    The Americans
    Barry
    Mr. Robot

What did I miss?
    I've only seen 5 total out of your list (top to bottom): GOT; Sherlock; Mindhunter; Broadchurch; and The Americans.

Things I'd put in the honourable mention category include: Homeland; It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia; Rectify; Line of Duty; Happy Valley; and Money Heist.

In the WTF category is Luther and Black Mirror. Both highly recommended by my sister; I couldn't make it through a full episode of either....

Dobber Sports Star

My top 5 of the decade in no particular order (some started earlier but it's my list and I don't care!):

Louie
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad + Better Call Saul
    Mad Men

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Witcher on Netflix, by Netflix. Watched all 8 episodes of the 1st season within a couple of days. Season 2 is coming in 2021.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Master

If season two aint until 2021, I might wait to watch. Watch season 1 and 2 together. Really keen on watching, but it doesn't feel like I will get spoilers.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I am just loving all of the new shows that I have watched in the latter half of 2019.

The Boys was a great twist on the superhero genre.

Morning Show started a bit corny but wow was the second half fantastic. Jennifer Anniston was unbelievable

Mandalorian.....enjoying every second.

Watchmen. One of the best/most enjoyable season experiences I have ever watched. Loved it.

Finishing Mr Robot might be next.