Page 114 of 240 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 124 164 214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3592

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im almost done the final season of Black Sails. Excellent show btw.

Im trying to decide between Bosch or The Man in the High Castle as my next choice to start watching.
    I stopped watching Man in the High Castle after season 2. Interesting premise but it got too weird with alternate universes and stuff. My wife kept watching it and she eventually bailed too. Surprised it gets such good reviews.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Netflix just announced a new show with the Russo Bros (Avengers) based on Magic The Gathering. Can't wait for that one!

Dobber Sports Genius

4 shows into Chernobyl and it is excellent.

Killing Eve season two - not as good as season 1, but enjoyable. Jodie Cromer who plays Villianelle is top notch and sooooo easy on the eyes!
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Would be so great if there was a list of everyone's recommendations. Maybe it can be done going forward? Somehow? Love this thread, always looking for new shows. Favorites would be thriller types. The Killing was very good and bloodline.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Well, I watched the Deadwood movie last night. While it wasn’t “amazing”, it did give an appropriate ending to the series. Certainly, it was better than the way they had ended it after season 3.

Rylant
    I feel about the same way good, not fantastic but not at all disappointing. It really did feel like just another episode though, amazing how after a decade everyone stepped into their roles without missing a beat. The crew behind the camera must have being mostly returnees from the series as well.

Definitely a fitting conclusion and I think the time-jump served the overall story quite well.

A few things
    -The movie is more like the 37th episode of the series and really can only be appreciated by fans of the show
    -The last line may be one of the greatest lines to end a series. I'll be trying to think of a better one but nothing jumps out at me.
    -Garret Dillahunt's cameo made my night (being the 3rd Deadwood character he's portrayed)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im almost done the final season of Black Sails. Excellent show btw.

Im trying to decide between Bosch or The Man in the High Castle as my next choice to start watching.
    I've always enjoyed Phillip K. Dick's novels but 'Man in the High Castle' can be added to the always-growing list of shitty adaptations of his work. I slogged through the first season and there is some stuff to like but I quickly gave up early into the second season. It probably would've worked better as a min-series with a definitive ending but I say that about a lot of shows and it's just not how American television works.

Bosch on the other hand is fantastic and the best cop show I've seen in a long time. Great cast, strong writing, and best of all, it doesn't treat its' audience like idiots. I'm not sure how many police abbreviations/acronyms/slang I've looked up watching this show but it's a lot more than I'm used to.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Black Mirror Season 5 dropping at midnight!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I've always enjoyed Phillip K. Dick's novels but 'Man in the High Castle' can be added to the always-growing list of shitty adaptations of his work. I slogged through the first season and there is some stuff to like but I quickly gave up early into the second season. It probably would've worked better as a min-series with a definitive ending but I say that about a lot of shows and it's just not how American television works.

Bosch on the other hand is fantastic and the best cop show I've seen in a long time. Great cast, strong writing, and best of all, it doesn't treat its' audience like idiots. I'm not sure how many police abbreviations/acronyms/slang I've looked up watching this show but it's a lot more than I'm used to.
    Well, I guess Bosch will be next in line then.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Some great suggestions on here. I didn't see any chatter about my suggestion so I fear it got buried or overlooked. But I'm just about done Season 2 now and this is show is fantastic. I suggested it to my parents and they binged it in two weeks and love it, having caught up to us now. Queen of the South - underrated show that just gets better. She goes from street-corner money-changer, to girlfriend of a high-ranking cartel member, who is then hunted after he betrays the cartel and gets killed. She uses her wits and luck to survive and move her way up the ranks of the drug empire.

For months I had been looking for a show that hooked me the way shows like Breaking Bad, GoT, The Wire, Dexter, Walking Dead, Deadwood, etc. hooked me. But every show I try is "okay" but... no hook. This one has the hook.

I plan to try Bosch, too. But after this one.
    i started watching QotS, watched the first half of teh first show.. the wife came in and i switched priorities ..never got back to it, but this reminded me to get to it...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Deity

Has anyone else watched When They See Us on Netflix yet? I just watched it the other night. Damn. I wasn't familiar with this story even though I was a young adult when it actually took place. Crazy the shit that the police and justice system can do to people when it wants to.

Either way, if you haven't watched the show, it's a good watch. If you aren't familiar with the story, watch this as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Waiting to watch Chernobyl. Heard unbelievable things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Watched the two seasons of "Imposters". It had its ups and downs, but I enjoyed a lot of the writing and would recommend it. 7/10
    Two seasons, 10 episodes per, ~42mins per episode.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Watched Good Omens last week. Fun and entertaining. The interchange and friendship between the demon and angel was appealing. Not earth-shattering but worth a watch.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

Season 2 of Dark is up on Netflix. I gotta remember what happened in Season 1 before carving out some time for this show, but I did love that first season.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm not gonna read all these suggestions, but if you haven't watched Tim Robinson's "I Think You Should Leave" on Netflix, it's the best sketch comedy since Mr. Show.

Chernobyl is great if you can get past all the fakey british accents for what are supposed to be a bunch of soviet russians. HBO/Sky co-production.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin