Page 120 of 239 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3574

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: I need a new show...

AMC programming:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nt_programming

They also always show movies on their TV channel that are like...Shawshank, Saving Private Ryan, Day After Tomorrow...Then in October they USUALLY show so much Halloween Movies they destroy your lives. Same with Christmas. Wonder if they stream those movies too.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Right now the only streaming service I am paying for is Netflix. I havent "cut the cord" so to speak to this point yet, and still pay for cable. Netflix is a secondary viewing source for me as most of my regular TV watching is done through my cable box/PVR. It's getting out of hand with all these streaming services peeling off on their own. It will get to the point where it will simply only be worth paying for an IPTV type of service with an Android type of box and hope you get most of these streaming services in cluded in there. Gross!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Right now all we get is Netflix, Amazon, and NHL Center Ice. Sling stopped carrying NBC Sports Chicago which carries the Blackhawks so I cancelled Sling. I have been able to find a stream for the Hawk games I have wanted to watch so far this season. With this new Disney channel, I might drop Netflix for a couple months and sign up for it and binge everything on it. Overall, I love having all these options.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    ...as most of my regular TV watching is done through my cable box/PVR. It's getting out of hand with all these streaming services peeling off on their own.
    Not sure how it is in Canada, but in the US the cable company gets you hard on the cable box/PVR.
    The fees for the box/PVR + cableTV has "taxes"... it adds up.
    Just before we "cut the cord", I added up the box-DVR-Taxes... it came to over $20.
    Then we cut the cord and went with just internet.
    Our internet is $69.95 per month... but there is not a penny in add-charges, not even taxes on straight-internet.

Worth looking into.
    We haven't missed cable at all... was like 4 years ago.
    There's actually something nice about NOT seeing 200+ channels in the online cable guide and the guilt that you only ever watch a few of the channels.

We also supplement our streaming (Netflix $12, Hulu $6, Amazon $8, ESPN+ $5) with over-the-air major network (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) from a high-def outdoor antenna feed.
    About $100 exactly is our monthly bill.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Not sure how it is in Canada, but in the US the cable company gets you hard on the cable box/PVR.
    The fees for the box/PVR + cableTV has "taxes"... it adds up.
    Just before we "cut the cord", I added up the box-DVR-Taxes... it came to over $20.
    Then we cut the cord and went with just internet.
    Our internet is $69.95 per month... but there is not a penny in add-charges, not even taxes on straight-internet.

Worth looking into.
    We haven't missed cable at all... was like 4 years ago.
    There's actually something nice about NOT seeing 200+ channels in the online cable guide and the guilt that you only ever watch a few of the channels.

We also supplement our streaming (Netflix $12, Hulu $6, Amazon $8, ESPN+ $5) with over-the-air major network (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) from a high-def outdoor antenna feed.
    About $100 exactly is our monthly bill.
    Yeppppp this is where I am going very soon. Waiting for a Black Friday sale on a specific box. The only thing that has held me back is my wife PVRs her reality shows and Ellen haha. Im pretty sure you can't PVR on these boxes yet but Im sure her shows will be easy enough to find.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Im pretty sure you can't PVR on these boxes yet but Im sure her shows will be easy enough to find.
    Some major network TV shows are usually available fairly soon, on Hulu, after they've been on main Network TV.
    My wife watches "The View" on a 1-day delay every evening while she cooks dinner. (Tuesday-afts show, she watches Wed).

On some research, seems like Ellen is one of those shows that somehow isn't part of streaming... hmmm... that stinks.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

BTW - a couple quirky shows the wife & I watched late summer, early fall based on high Metacritic reviews.

Score. Show.
    88. Undone (Amazon Prime). This is a really cool show that uses something called "rotoscope animation". It has the dude that plays "Better Call Saul" in it with a moderate, key, role. VERY different style, which was cool.
    89. Black Lady Sketch Show (Amazon Prime). To be honest, this was hit & miss. Some sketches were excellent. Some were pretty lame. I can't recommend it.
    82. Big Little Lies - Season2 (HBO). You pretty much have to have watched Season1 to enjoy this one. I didn't think there was much they could do with a Season2, but the role they carved out for Meryl Streep made it work. Very good.
    96. Fleabag - Season 2 (Amazon Prime). O-M-G. This shit was GREAT. Just funny, crass sex/potty-mouth "breaking the 4th wall" stuff. The main actress is fantastic in a very Mrs. Maisel sort of way... so for those that liked that, watch S1, then S2.
    94. Better Things - Season 3 (FX, which I think is part of Hulu package...). I love foul-mouthed moms... I just do. And when they let their shit go in front of their kids... I don't know... I just adore it. This one's for parents, if you're not a parent, you probably won't like it. If you ARE a parent and you like to swear when your kids drive your bonkers... good, great show.
    XX. I Think You Should Leave - with Tom Robinson (Netflix). This is another hit & miss comedy sketch show. Some sketches are absolute GEMS... and we loved them... but it can really ruin the flow when a stinker comes. This isn't yet rated on metacritic yet, because FOUR reviews are required... but it has a 90-83-80 thus far... which suggests it should get an 80+ score once/if a 4th review comes... which it might not, since show came out April 23rd.

***Wife & I have become MAJOR metacritic snobs. Whenever we try something that a friend recommends... if Metacrtic has it under 70... it bombs for us. We tried a show called "I'm Sorry" two nights ago... Metacritic 64... nope, didn't like it. Off after 1.5eps.

Other shows:
    Letterkenny (Hulu in the US... I think CraveTV in Canada). This is my personal "filler" show, when we are in-between shows. You either know about this show or you don't... you are either "small town" or your're not... and you'll either LOVE it... or you won't.
    I'm somewhere in middle of S4 right now.

BTW - Any of you watch all or most of Schitt's Creek?
    We may some American friends who recommended it (surprising!!).
    It has a Metacritic Season 1 score of only 64... but I'm pretty sure I've heard it's gotten better with age.
    What say you that have seen it??

Dobber Sports Veteran

Highly recommend this site / app, very useful to understand where content is available.

https://www.justwatch.com/
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm a pretty big fan of comic books but wasn't very interested when I heard HBO and Damon Lindelof were doing a post-Watchmen series. The first episode got very good reviews though so I dove in last night and came away fairly disapointed. A pilot for a show like that spends a huge amount of time establishing the world the story takes place in though so I'll be patient and be sure to give it a few more episodes. I'll also watch some YouTube content tonight about any comic references that I missed.

A few things though,
    -Very strong opening scenes depicting an often ignored incident in American history
    -The closing shot was a nice. A little on the nose but still...
    -I really hope Tim Blake Nelson's 'Looking Glass' character has a strong arc. He's a great actor and probably the only new character that really piqued my interest.

Anyone else catch the first episode?

Dobber Sports Veteran

BTW - a couple quirky shows the wife & I watched late summer, early fall based on high Metacritic reviews.
    Other shows:
    Letterkenny (Hulu in the US... I think CraveTV in Canada). This is my personal "filler" show, when we are in-between shows. You either know about this show or you don't... you are either "small town" or your're not... and you'll either LOVE it... or you won't.
    I'm somewhere in middle of S4 right now.

BTW - Any of you watch all or most of Schitt's Creek?
    We may some American friends who recommended it (surprising!!).
    It has a Metacritic Season 1 score of only 64... but I'm pretty sure I've heard it's gotten better with age.
    What say you that have seen it??
    Letterkenny - I may have binged too hard too fast on this one because it began to tire on me at around S4. It lost its charm a bit, and started to feel like they ran out of material. Glad I stuck with it though 5 and 6 are a treat. It is so content packed that I will miss jokes because I'm still busting a gut at the first few lines and the punches just keep coming.

Schitts Creek - you have to love the cast. If you are a fan of O'Hara and Levy's other works like Best In Show and A Mighty Wind then you will have an easier time "getting" this show. It takes some commitment by the viewer to get to know the characters and the comedic pace and style. It's different. I really enjoyed the first few seasons and then the subject matter got a bit too aggressive on certain topics. It has since settled into its rhythm again. I still watch it.

Myself I'm struggling to stick with anything right now. Westworld S2 lost me after a fantastic S1. Mindhunters, same thing. Ozark just got to unreal; i'm all caught up and think Ill just call that the end even though I know there is another season coming. Ill look into Mrs. Maisel, Fleabag and Killing Eve. One of those will have to fill my dramatic needs im sure.

Righteous Gemstones is frigging great though. That darn "jaccob slavin" version of "misbehavin" took a week to get out of my head. Oh crap, it just came back...

Dobber Sports Immortal

After hearing so much praise, I finished season 1 of Succession. Solid show and very addictive. HBO normally never fails.

Very excited for The Witcher. This trailer does the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndl1W4ltcmg

Dobber Sports Jedi

I cut the cord on cable 2 years ago. We have an android box - stream everything for the cost of internet.
    I google network show listings and check reviews.
    The main app we use is Exodus (with Kodi) - It lists shows/movies by genre, by day, year/release date. It does lag sometimes, but that's more because we use Shaw than there's issues with the box.
    I suspect all home shows now have a booth with someone selling fully loaded boxes (Van Island they're called SIDEKICK) -

20 months cable free - even low balling cable at $60/mth = $1200.
    Box cost $330 with remote.
    Quick math says We win.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

96. Fleabag - Season 2 (Amazon Prime). O-M-G. This shit was GREAT. Just funny, crass sex/potty-mouth "breaking the 4th wall" stuff. The main actress is fantastic in a very Mrs. Maisel sort of way... so for those that liked that, watch S1, then S2.
    Good to hear about Fleabag. I watched the first two episodes and was wildly entertained. I am waiting for my wife to watch the episodes so we can watch the rest together.

We watched the first two episodes of Modern Love. They were very well done and quite moving. Perfect show to watch with your significant other. Each episode is a stand-alone 30-minute or so episode.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

Stumptown (on regular old cable) is pretty solid fun. Cobie Smulders as a P.I.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    After hearing so much praise, I finished season 1 of Succession. Solid show and very addictive. HBO normally never fails.

Very excited for The Witcher. This trailer does the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndl1W4ltcmg
    Ya really nervous about the Witcher. The casting choices for Geralt, Ciri and Yennifer seemed strange to me. It was definitely one of my favourite video game series of all time. Hoping they don’t screw it up.

Rylant