Page 198 of 239 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3574

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: I need a new show...

Just finished Better Call Saul season 6.

This show is such a freaking masterpiece. I would dare say it might even top Breaking Bad.

Every season I expect it to go downhill and the show just keeps aging like a fine wine. It's a shame this will be the last season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

This show is such a freaking masterpiece. I would dare say it might even top Breaking Bad.

Every season I expect it to go downhill and the show just keeps aging like a fine wine. It's a shame this will be the last season.

I totally agree “Better Call Saul”, is an awesome show. I’ll have to follow up as I can’t recall if we have seen Season 6. Whether it was season 5 or 6 we went right back to Breaking Bad to watch it again. Love that show but it does pale in comparison to the continued seasons of Saul. Really enjoy the chemistry between (Jimmy) Odenkirk and (Kim) Seehorn. Couldn’t get enough of (Mike) Banks in Saul as well as Breaking Bad.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Deity

The Terminal List was excellent. Definitely worth the watch.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Bear

4 episodes into this one and it's giving me flash backs to working in the kitchen.

If you've ever worked in the food industry before it's a fun little ptsd ride.

Pretty good show too.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^The Bear (on FX) is great. Metacritic has it rated in the 80s. 86.
    Wife and I are through 2-3 episodes. Like it a lot. Really good role for main actor (who had brother part in 10+ seasons of Shameless).
    I didn't know about some of the restaurant yells like "Behind" and "Corner" - so it was fun to learn about those. Support characters are gonna be great.

There's been a lot of damn good TV on streaming over the past 2-3 years.
    It's hard to cover it all.
    I love reading the replies on Better Call Saul - like Breaking Bad, I check those Metacritic scores and they DO get better each season.
    This year's 6th season is HIGHEST RATED show of 2022 on Metacritic at 94.
    https://www.metacritic.com/browse/tv...&view=detailed
    I watched through s2 and then gave up (3+ years ago) because wife wasn't into it... but I'm definitely gonna get back on once our current TV queue is done.

(Metacritic is my absolute go-to now for 5+ years. It almost never steers me wrong... and anything below 60 is terrible... and I giggle when anybody tables a sub-60 show in this thread).

Speaking of highest rated shows, Barry Season3 (HBO) is ranked 94 as well.
    So I started watching that, mid-way through Season2, actually a nice, easy enjoyable watch with good complimenting characters.
    Can't wait for it to keep getting better into Season3.

Also highests of this year:

94 Better Things: Season 5. One of my favourite shows of past 5 years. Just love the lead actress in her no-nonsense way of generally living life as single-mom with 3 daughters.
    93 Atlanta: Season 3. Oh man, this is a love-it or hate-it show. We loved it. Season3 was weird, because it's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get. They sort of broke the mold of TV shows here... it's 50% s2 continuation and 50% shit-maybe-you-should-thinkabout.
    91 This is Going to Hurt: Season 1. BBC show, but its also being streamed on... Hulu, I think. We're through the first 4/8 episodes - all that is available. It's solid. Sort of that dry-England comedy with big bits of seriousness laced in. Effin great.
    86 Chloe: Season 1. Sort of a whodunnit/mystery/weird-person show with big back story. LOVED IT.
    85 Heartstopper: Season 1. Gay british high school boys. LOVED IT. Really easy watch and probably (I've read) more "real" than other LGBTQ shows that don't show enough of the "same as everybody else" content that is important.
    84 For All Mankind: Season 3. So... we are still in s1 and it's our "background show"... but we are liking it a lot. Characters are good. Basically an "alternate timeline" of NASA program and effects on the world & politics IF the Russians had landed first on the moon and put a woman also on moon in early years. Very good.

83 Severance: Season 1. This was our FAVOURITE of this year. Just straight-up weird and TERRIFIC for ANYBODY that has ever worked in the standard office-setting with cubicles and monitors. The premise: "some people need a break from their own self" is smart. And this show... it can go off in many, many different directions. This is basically "LOST" when that show was in its first couple of seasons. Great character group and a great range of where they can take the show. Up to the show-writers to take it in right direction. Also, for those people that like to indulge in some extra-curricular drinks or other one weekend... this is the GO-TO show. And the opening show credits fits and becomes more enjoyable as you view more of the show. My biggest recommendation of shows we've seen.

81 The Tourist: HBO. This is probably the first 80+ show I won't recommend. Lead actor is good. Concept is good. Support characters are OK. But it drags from episode 4-8.

77 Minx: HBO. Oh my god. Do your wife/girlfriend a favour and... for a change of pace... instead of watching something with a lot of T&A... watch something with a TON of DICKS! Ahaha. If you are comfortable?!? But, this is a straight-up fun watch about a first nudeMen magazine in the 1970s. We watched this on weekend over past few months and always looked forward to it. It's a bit over-the-top, which is fun. Lead man from "New Girl" is the lead man here... and he is maybe the most perfectly fit cast person for a character role that I've seen this year!

76 Single Drunk Female: Hulu. It was OK. Nice background watch if you want to do stuff on your phone.

Those are some of our faves from 2022 - since I haven't put my list up in a while.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

For me it will never top Breaking Bad because we know the future of most of the main characters. It eliminates so much suspense for me.

Still looking forward to watching the new season.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The Terminal List was excellent. Definitely worth the watch.
    Pretty entertaining maybe could have been done in 6 episodes but still enjoyed the watch.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finished the marathon Stranger Things. I should stop posting about it because it just isn't my cup of tea. I felt it was so drawn out.

Onto Barry. Then the Boys.

Dobber Sports Star

Just finished Obi-wan Kenobi. I must say, I thought it was bad; really bad, lol.

It was definitely well-acted and the effects were great. However, the writing was horrible. The characteters were constantly in incredibly contrived situations doing things that made absolutely no sense. I found myself rolling my eyes or muttering "come on..." several times in each episode. The characters were commically bad, flip flopping between light and dark, good and bad, trusting and not trusting over the simplest little things. I just didn't buy any of it. Interestingly, I found a lot of the same things in The Mandalorian as well.

I am sure Rataylor will contribute a quick "can't you just enjoy it?" LOL. Sorry, I can't. Overall, Obi-wan Kenobi gets a 2 out of 10 from me...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Just finished Obi-wan Kenobi. I must say, I thought it was bad; really bad, lol.

It was definitely well-acted and the effects were great. However, the writing was horrible. The characteters were constantly in incredibly contrived situations doing things that made absolutely no sense. I found myself rolling my eyes or muttering "come on..." several times in each episode. The characters were commically bad, flip flopping between light and dark, good and bad, trusting and not trusting over the simplest little things. I just didn't buy any of it. Interestingly, I found a lot of the same things in The Mandalorian as well.

I am sure Rataylor will contribute a quick "can't you just enjoy it?" LOL. Sorry, I can't. Overall, Obi-wan Kenobi gets a 2 out of 10 from me...

Rylant
    I'm still holding off on that and Boba Fett. But this review will make me hold off even longer.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Star Wars stories outside the original trilogy are all trash.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Finished watching Taboo on Netflix. Really enjoyed it even if it had some suspect plot lines. Recommended. It's only 1 season with another season looking like it will be made soon.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Immortal

15 minutes into the new season of the Boys and I've already seen more absolutely wild things than I thought possible. Haha what a great show.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    That's disappointing. I just started it.

Hopefully it'll at least be as good as Bobafett

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm a Marvel fan and I watch all their shows too, I watched Ms. Marvel and it finished up yesterday. I would watch it after work before I started cooking dinner...I would fall asleep for the back half of each of the final 3 episodes.

It was dullllllll. The representation of Pakistani culture was huge and they did a really good job bringing the history of an area to the light. But man...the actual story was so dull. There's small things in there for teenagers like how a highschool bathroom was used to talk about some large topics (where teenagers might typically be doing this with friends as it's a safe space), the obvious connection of learning superpowers and puberty, and how the gov't agencies can be racists towards Muslim culture. But man....The fighting, the dialogue, the lack of development between characters suckkkeddddd. The issue with 6ep series while introducing a new superhero is that they spend 3-4 episodes developing the main character, then all of a sudden the climax happens and finishes.

Rotten Tomatoes has it at 98%, iMBD 6.1/10, and Google User Reviews is 68% liked it on a Yes/No scale.

The only cool thing about this series in regards to the Marvel universe is ... (hidden for spoilers, just highlight) they've confirmed Ms Marvel is a Mutant, and Captain Marvel makes a cameo to set up "The Marvels" movie.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll